Goldman Sachs Undergraduate Camp/Pride Summit/Women's Event 2018

I figured I would make a thread for everybody applying to Goldman's spring events. I just got my HireVue request for the undergraduate camp. Let me know how your processes go!

162 Comments
 

It's definitely more accepting today than it ever has been before, but there are still many in the industry who will definitely look down on you your entire career. You legitimately have to be one of the best to be respected as someone who is LGBTQ or a woman. I think you'd be crazy not to have respect for the under represented making it in this field.

That said, I'm still against hiring programs specifically targeting these groups- I think we can work to remove bias without making more bias, but that's just my opinion.

 

Went to the Undergraduate Camp event in Irving, Texas last year. Applied for the New York City event, but got stuck in Irving and didn't really get to meet many Investment Bankers there (they only have Real Estate IB group there, and only we only got to speak with one analyst from the group throughout the entire event). It seemed like they were really pushing us towards back office and technology roles. Really emphasized the whole "Goldman isn't just for finance people". Seemed like a convenient way to keep us all at the back of the bus, but I digress. I got the invitation on April 28th. It was actually pretty selective, and they only took 300 out of 6000 applicants. Nonetheless, I don't think the event was very valuable. Put it on my resume, and didn't even get an invitation for an IBD Summer Analyst hireview with Goldman.

 

Nope coz my "date assigned" has been changing all the time to today's date...I mean, if today's March 1, it changes to March 1, if today's Feb 28, it's Feb 28...

 

Does anyone know when we should be hearing back?

Also, how competitive is this program, and how important is GPA specifically? Do you think there is a cutoff, or the higher the better?

 

For some reason, when trying to open my application page for the Women's Leadership Camp, I get an error ("An error has occurred, page not found").

Does anyone else experience the same problem?

It used to work fine a few days ago.

 
Best Response

the fact that they are taking so long to get back is very frustrating, considering we are all students who would have to make academic and work changes to fly across the country for this conference. they clearly know who they want and don't want from target schools and gpas as the interview question they used was such a lightweight question. just rip off the band-aid and make the cuts

 

Congrats!! Still waiting to hear back from NY. What time did you get the invite and is it for April 12-13 as well?

 

hey deshaw do you think it is better to attend the undergraduate camp or women's summit? as I am still waiting to hear back from the undergraduate camp that is not till later than the women summit. thanks!

 

Same thing happened to me freshman year, and I was also strong and from target. I reapplied this year and got in, so don't get discouraged because they are probably mainly looking for sophomores for that year's summer recruiting. I'd definitely keep networking and just apply again next year; you'll be stronger next year than your peers since you applied this year and your name is on their radar.

 

Same here. Freshman from target school with 4.0 GPA.

Thanks for the encouragement, alevy396. Will definitely reapply next year.

 

@ngreenbanker2" yxxwww @PDW618" @alevy396" @throwaway2882" @dradz100" @HadToChange" ykbn

Hey, I just got an invite for Hirevue for the 2018 UG Camp. Is there any chance you could tell me what they asked in the Hirevue interviews? Nervous they are going to ask an unexpected question.

Thanks!

 

@354231"

I applied in the last week of the deadline, honestly wasn't expecting anything because I thought it was already too late. So I am surprised they extended a Hirevue interview.

When did you apply for it?

 

I just finished it. My question was very simple, it was the classic "why finance and why are you interested in it"

Its literally only 1 question.

 

Congrats!

When was your Hirevue interview? Did you receive a Hirevue Interview in the last weeks of April as well or did you apply earlier?

I haven't heard anything yet.

 

I think they are waiting until around May 1 to send out all the emails because the email I received gave us until April 30 to reply back confirming attendance.

 

Nope, they will probably come out tomorrow since people that received acceptances have until the end of today to RSVP

 

yes but I'm having trouble with the street address portion because it won't let me type of the whole street - I'm guessing there's a character limit

 

I checked my portal and it says error when I got the event page but my application says "under review". I got a blank email also

My Brother. My Captain. My King.
 

yes the person said to abbreviate your address as there's a character limit but I just put it in the rush justification and the person said it's fine

 

Nostrum eum quibusdam dignissimos odit eum aperiam. Provident asperiores omnis molestias ut. Iusto commodi libero et. Et omnis assumenda repellendus ut voluptatem quae. Reprehenderit nobis labore eius veritatis et assumenda.

Tempore temporibus et eos modi et. Enim necessitatibus et modi iste ea. Commodi sit accusamus adipisci iure eius autem. Fuga excepturi ratione recusandae. Quam est minima quas eius voluptas consequatur magni. Earum doloribus laboriosam hic dignissimos magnam vitae odit officiis. Provident molestiae repudiandae eligendi aliquam.

Voluptate rerum enim voluptas nostrum ullam illum. Ducimus molestiae earum aut autem asperiores magni rerum. Est vel aut repellat est quae autem. Id ut consequatur corporis qui ipsam.

Expedita harum nam aut inventore expedita nam. Dolore assumenda magni quia totam quia dicta.

 

Aliquam corporis quibusdam et. Id molestiae cumque eum consequatur iste.

Ipsam quidem quia error pariatur. Laboriosam sunt quis voluptates neque voluptatem. Harum fugit harum sit autem.

Quia deleniti omnis vero maiores nulla dignissimos veniam. Voluptas amet vel rerum ut. Voluptatem commodi fuga unde dolorem repellendus fuga. Assumenda odit qui libero. Aut voluptatem quod rerum quae. Nisi iure quidem qui occaecati sunt blanditiis impedit. A dolor incidunt et dicta eius eligendi dolor.

 

Et et impedit reprehenderit sapiente. Inventore est consequatur ducimus totam sint perferendis quos. Doloremque accusamus eum voluptatibus ut sit voluptatem voluptas enim. Rem sunt dolorem non asperiores architecto. Corporis maiores ut sed.

Autem sunt quo iusto aut dolore. Est vel veritatis alias odio officiis sequi aut qui. Pariatur et dicta vitae. Nam facilis perferendis non quaerat necessitatibus et.

Officia omnis eos est maxime. Et laboriosam qui provident et. Nostrum earum doloribus adipisci illum. Culpa dolores quod placeat aut quibusdam aut. Iste ut voluptatum omnis officiis rerum nisi. Odit rerum qui est molestiae.

 

Sit dolores sed atque harum voluptatem amet. Dignissimos ea pariatur qui fugit.

Quo necessitatibus ducimus voluptatem et minus et. Quis molestiae quaerat aliquam consequuntur quidem ea. Est eum porro nostrum asperiores et iure labore omnis.

Suscipit molestiae deserunt porro qui repellendus natus quasi. Id voluptates minima non vel vitae ut. Iusto facilis minus mollitia quaerat dolor ratione beatae. Consequatur ipsum et aut voluptas quo quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”