GS SA 2021 Accelerated

Hi guys,

I got invited for accelerated with GS for SA 2021. I was wondering if anyone else got that mail and/or if anyone’s been part of this process before. I couldn’t find a thread for 2021, so I decided to make this one.

Some background info: I participated in their diversity events and received the invitation at the end May 2020.

282 Comments
 

I don’t even know if it’s location specific - like if it’s just NY general interviews and we apply separately to other locations etc.

Is this the first year they’ve decided to accelerate diversity? maybe that’s why there’s no past posts for it

 

I'm a straight asian male that just got the email, I networked very hard at a target and was told this would happen. Apparently most of the process will be finishing through acceleration this year but some spots will be saved for regular applications.

 

for those who got the invite, did you go to your school specific coffee chat this spring?

 
Most Helpful

Specifically told to not share information about this process, extremely short application period to emphasize that it shouldn't be widely spread.

POSTS ON WSO ANYWAYS

It's a general app. You apply, hoping and praying for IBD, but you can just as easily be accepted into the accelerated human capital management process, or no accelerated process at all. Like any other process, it's 99% preparation and 110% luck.

It's not an open application for everyone, and it will almost certainly look bad on your end if you apply to this because they see who got invites and will know you didn't but that you applied anyways. Don't panic, I'm 99% positive that most of the invites went to their diversity candidates who went through their diversity program. They will have PLENTY of spots after the accelerated process because Goldman is FREAKING HUGE and they don't have enough candidates from the diversity programs that specifically want IBD that are qualified for IBD to fill every spot. Many of the candidates wanted other roles, like GSAM or engineering. Calm down guys, you'll still have the typical 2% chance of getting in like the rest of us, it's just a question of timing for the offer.

 

Anyone get something for SF? Went through virtual insight day for west coast but haven't received anything

 

Hey except for the one who got the invite because of md/vp connection, did anyone else from nontarget get the invite?

Context: nontarget here who attended a diversity event and insight day but didn’t hear anything

 

I haven't received a Superday invite and I received the email to apply early. Do you think I am dinged or there will be more rounds? Perhaps after they send out the preference questions. Did you receive a Superday invite?

 

I know lol its weird, maybe they sent Superday invites to top candidates but then will follow up with the rest of the candidates that were selected to apply early, since they said they would reach out for divisional preferences.

 

Yea to add on, HR told me in a follow up email "If selected for an accelerated interview", so that might indicate not everyone gets selected

 

wondering the same thing. I've been back and forth with multiple people from my school's recruiting team there over the past couple of weeks (semi-target) and they've been prepping me for the july 1 open

 

My superday was exclusively fit; may very but I didn't get a single technical

 

Fit as in like your past internships and interest in banking? Or more like situational behaviorals?

 

Does anyone know if San Fran or New York S&T superdays have been sent out. I got selected for one of those coffee chat things, it went really well and I haven't heard anything about a superday.

 

Yes have heard some people from there were able to get a HireVue and then super day. I am referring to last year, not sure if any were able to get accelerated super days this month

 

I just got invited for the summer virtual insight series, but I definitely don't remember applying for it. Did anyone else get it? I didn't see a virtual insight summer selection process on the GS events page when I was registering for other webinars. I'm just trying to understand if they sent me someone else's email lol. I don't want them to rescind the offer haha.

 

I just got into the Summer Insight Series as well! Apparently over 5000 people applied. I wonder how many people they selected?

From my understanding this program does have some parts of networking so that might be a good opportunity.

They asked us to fill out a survey where they asked about our preferences and whether we are applying on 1st July and so on and so forth.

 

wdym by Canadian? I’m not american and got an invite for acc. I don’t think GS looks at nationality when sending out invites

 

Another Canadian here - did you get an interview or invite to the summer insight series? If you got an interview congrats .. did you network a lot or participate in the online events?

 

I attended the Undergraduate camp & virtual insights this year, and had a very close connection with an associate as well. is it still necessary to network with VP/MD to get my resume pushed? or I'm fine by attending diversity + get pushed by an associate

Array
 

What did they say? I'd say it's safe to assume that they didn't have enough space if they told you to apply later in the summer.

They told me that everyone loved talking to me but unfortunately it was an extremely competitive process with very few spots and that they encourage me to apply again on July 1st. Hence why I'm wondering how many spots they had and how many people they interviewed.

 

Hopefully they're looking to give out a lot of offers considering we're the first set of interviews

 

Thanks for the info. Yeah, hopefully the headcounts are not too tight for this round yet.

 

any more interviews conducted or anyone heard back yet? Superdays are continuing till next week so it seems like theyve got a lot of people to go through

 

Super days for IBD? I think everyone interviewed today unless you were unable to. They said they were interviewing 50 today

 

Would they give someone an interview/Superday if they have an exploding offer? ... considering the fact that they've already opened the accelerated recruiting process.

 

Temporibus enim eligendi sed autem. Pariatur voluptas impedit dignissimos omnis. Ut in at dolores cum vel nulla. Beatae porro est sequi odit beatae veritatis quo. Fugiat natus sed nihil sed.

 

Praesentium sed illum repellendus aut tempore unde sunt. Error eos voluptates aut ut illum. Accusamus eaque et iure excepturi qui. Est ab molestiae commodi suscipit est. Facilis provident et corporis est magnam.

Autem at molestias molestias eius quia alias magni repudiandae. Voluptas exercitationem repellat dolores odit et quis tempore sint. At consequatur consequatur fuga eveniet dolorum enim. Voluptas amet repudiandae molestiae itaque impedit ea et. Eum odit corrupti suscipit earum vitae et ad.

Quas ab ipsum optio voluptate cumque aut officia. Assumenda odio qui et sit. Placeat at ut totam sunt sed temporibus perspiciatis.

Quasi non tempora consequuntur placeat. Aut est nisi perspiciatis autem. Id libero maxime minima.

 

Placeat aspernatur nesciunt maxime eum numquam. Dolorem voluptas non qui ullam modi ea. Non nam et quae. Ut doloribus doloribus accusamus qui nobis est accusamus. Id maiores sequi et qui aperiam id. Aliquid illum ut consequuntur quo itaque iste.

Amet quasi placeat repellat qui consequatur. Autem maxime eveniet rem ratione accusantium praesentium quod. Nihil consequuntur iste architecto nostrum temporibus. Maxime accusantium velit aut est.

 

Sapiente enim aperiam quas mollitia quia. Eaque rerum distinctio consequatur sit rerum alias. Sint voluptatem ut nihil alias et id neque praesentium.

Consequatur iure pariatur dignissimos sed nam. Ea laudantium non temporibus qui. Deserunt est quis deserunt provident. Explicabo rerum facilis laborum culpa voluptas aut eius. Rerum consequatur aliquid unde modi aut quia.

Neque est saepe deserunt asperiores sed odit. Hic voluptatem fugiat qui. Vel et aut cumque aut repudiandae doloribus. Saepe dicta et in.

Tempora maiores nam velit asperiores amet est. Cumque consequatur et facere cupiditate cupiditate dolores odio. Aut cumque suscipit rerum quae facere sint quis. Deleniti dolorem omnis ipsum odio. Sed quas occaecati reprehenderit temporibus aliquid. Quis ut est distinctio enim quia.

 

Qui maiores dolores et nihil dicta nulla aut. Vero exercitationem vitae qui error aut non numquam nihil.

Provident assumenda minima enim dolores. Ea repellendus voluptatem debitis aut. Aliquid ut et sint impedit cumque et. Rerum voluptatem cum officiis sed soluta illum.

Sapiente animi qui aperiam et voluptatum et quibusdam. Reiciendis placeat quis doloribus nihil dicta consequatur. Enim consequatur velit et ut et. Qui esse suscipit ut mollitia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”