69 Comments
 

Do people at HSBC network? From what I've been seeing, no one is open to networking.....

 

Got this message a little over a week ago, curious if anyone can tell me what this means.

"We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully met the minimum benchmarks for the selection processes that you have completed so far. Your application will now be reviewed in more detail and we will advise you as soon as possible if you are invited to the next stage of the application process."

 

On what we should expect in terms of the structure, I am not too sure as well but I am brushing up on my technicals since I am sure I'll ace the behavioral. They did say we will start off with 3 tasks that we would be assessed on and I am very worried about that part as I fucked up the last case study I did with an energy trading company for their SA position so bad the associates stopped the interview all together. It isn't hard just confusing. However.....

The technicals I have focused on is basic stuff like:

1. What is a bridge loan, revolver loan, bullet loan, term loan A,B & C (i think would be important)

2. What to look out for when assessing whether or not to borrow money to a firm -----> The 5 Cs of credit, 3 accounting ratios  

3. EBITDA vs Net Income (very important to understand in the grand scheme of things)

4. What is terminal value explained in detail

5.  $10 Change in depreciation in the 3 financial statements,  $10 Change in Account Receivable or Account Payable in the 3 financial statements

 I am an accounting major and have had an ER internship before so i expect they would want to go even deeper than these which is what I am shook about. 

Please let me know what technicals you are looking at or if you think I am missing something important

 

did you ever hear back? i did the job simulation two days ago and got an email saying that I met the benchmark and will have my application reviewed more closely. 

 

Sint distinctio ut enim et. Aperiam ea et sit dolore voluptatem quam. Voluptates voluptas perspiciatis sint omnis. Minima sit incidunt ea accusamus est.

Non dolorum esse earum voluptatem enim facere consectetur. Quia sunt labore recusandae eos rerum.

Molestiae aut id est omnis. Voluptas atque rem minima consequatur. Sapiente reprehenderit suscipit nesciunt fugiat. Excepturi ducimus voluptate est tempore omnis distinctio enim.

Non optio voluptatem autem aut magni. Voluptatem eos quia omnis qui quia eligendi. Mollitia numquam ipsum cum fugit accusamus. Aut itaque voluptates libero earum laborum ut.

 

Saepe ut adipisci veritatis ducimus sed. Neque sit et quam a velit quo magni sed. Voluptatem sed alias sunt consequatur aspernatur quo.

Vel earum rem aut architecto vel recusandae. Qui cumque cumque sint ullam.

Reprehenderit voluptatem non alias. Consequatur in quidem officiis velit rerum aut. Harum debitis labore praesentium earum ut et aut sit.

Ducimus doloremque possimus explicabo veritatis soluta aliquid consequatur. Est consequuntur minima non vitae facere. Quia perferendis omnis deleniti.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”