Barclays SA 2021

Subscribe

Hey guy, was wondering if anyone has any information on Barclays SA 2021 program. I checked their website and didn't see an application, so I don't know if that means it hasn't been opened yet or if it's already closed.

Comments (210)

• Incoming Analyst in IB - Ind
May 5, 2020 - 3:45pm

I'm part of this analyst class, I was wondering if we could start a groupchat?

Array

• Intern in IB - Ind
May 11, 2020 - 11:21pm
  1. they literally had virtual superdays in 2019 before coronavirus was a thing
  2. springboard and certain target/regional superdays for SA2021 have been virtual
  3. late summer is very optimistic for getting back to the office
  4. do you really think a global bulge bracket is going to base its recruiting off of something thats up in the air time/logistics-wise and may or may not happen?

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 14, 2020 - 2:43pm

Following

Array

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
May 18, 2020 - 1:25pm

I would just continue to check this link: https://joinus.barclays/americas/internships/banking-summer-analyst/

I noticed, from my own observations, that the details (i.e., changed from Summer 2020 to Summer 2021) have been updated and the only thing missing is the live link. If you can remember , just check it out once a week or so.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 20, 2020 - 7:40pm

If you don't have the reading comprehension skills to figure this one out on your own, it probably won't matter how many places you apply to.

Array

May 21, 2020 - 5:47pm

Barclays LA recruiting for SA 2021 positions are probably going to go relatively soon. First rounds are probably going this week and they aim to wrap the process within the next two weeks.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 18, 2020 - 5:48pm

It was posted around July last year, wouldn't be too worried just keep in touch with HR every couple weeks as I wasn't aware it was uploaded at first but was directed to the link then. If it's similar to last year, they won't do superdays until late August to early-mid September so keep up the networking too, resume review will likely be sometime in August as well (again according to last year so no guarantees for this year) so you still have time.

Jun 25, 2020 - 2:59pm

International: Anyone knows if Barclays sponsor this cycle? I know JPM doesn't sponsor SA 2021 for either S&T or IB. Now I'm applying to Barc and see this crap again: "We want to recruit the best people for all our jobs, but there are certain criteria that we must satisfy as a minimum for legal reasons and to protect our customers. Unless we can satisfy these, unfortunately we may not be able to offer you a job. If you wish to continue, please answer the following questions." Can anyone give some color? Thanks.

Array

Aug 8, 2020 - 10:10pm

International first year analyst here. BarCap + lawyers entered us in H1B draw before graduation, and I ended up being sponsored. NYC IBD and Chicago IBD (2019 SA/2020 analyst) sponsored, unsure of policies after visa ban. Associates are always sponsored. If you are on F-1 and your school gives you CPT, you do not need to be sponsored for your internship. Check the box that you have the right to work (not permanently, don’t make that mistake) because you do on OPT/CPT and they take care of the rest.

The legal obligations to customers are making sure you don’t have any business ties to Iran and North Korea usually.

Jun 25, 2020 - 3:32pm

Also, can we only apply to 1 division? Jesus.

"We accept one application per season for any of our graduate, internship and diversity opportunities except for our Part Time technology program or if you are applying to multiple locations in Banking. "

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2020 - 6:39pm

I applied to the Barclays diversity program but did not make it past the phone interview. Can I still apply to the internship? On the website it says that we can only apply to one program per recruiting cycle

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2020 - 8:07pm

Apps just opened, anyone know when they will look at them/start interview process? heard it wont be for a while?

Array

Jul 1, 2020 - 8:40am

Anybody know if/when HireVues would get sent around for IBD? Do they review and not get back to you for a week or two or do they get sent around immediately?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 5, 2020 - 1:29pm

I did the Barclays diversity program but didn't get an offer, and I was encouraged by them to re-apply to the regular round. Does anyone know if rejected Barclays diversity applicants get a chance to re-interview in the regular round/will they notice our app at all, or is it essentially just restarting again? Sorry if this is a stupid q

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 6, 2020 - 3:58pm

Does anyone know when the interviews for NYC IB regular recruiting are going out?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 11, 2020 - 1:30am

I've heard they do non-target in the fall, they only take like 10 non-core kids each year and most come from their diversity camp.

Source since I got MS'd: straight from the mouth of a director at the bank who is typically involved in recruiting. It could be different this year, but that's what it's typically like.

• Prospect in Other
Jul 12, 2020 - 6:50pm

What groups are in Atlanta?

Array

• Prospect in Other
Jul 12, 2020 - 11:07pm

How many banking groups can you apply to?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 21, 2020 - 1:37am

According to my school team:

-Resumes reviewed mid-August by school teams

-2 phone screens end Aug, 1 with analyst 1 with associate from school team, asking basic behaviorals and technicals

-Superdays Sept/Oct with candidates from other schools

-Most likely that everything is virtual

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Aug 12, 2020 - 2:19pm

Is APAC already done?

Array

• Prospect in IB - CB
Sep 1, 2020 - 1:31pm

Just spoke to an MD and he said he still didn’t have a clear timeline on recruiting, but he should know in a week or two 

Array
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (257) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (142) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (134) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (564) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (546) $82