BlackRock SA 2021

Hi all, I didn't see a post for this so I thought I'd make one. The postings for SA 2021 are up already and have gone through the Virtual Cover Letter. Was wondering if anyone was further along in the process or had any other insight.

377 Comments
 

There are two question, you have 3 minutes to preapre for each of them and 90 second to answer. The questions are : Why BlackRock and why the specific position that you applied? Tell me some recent news that you've been following & how is it related to Blackrock?

 

May I please know are these 2 virtual cover letter questions same for all departments, say sales and relationship management?

Thank you very much!

 

Mate, excuse me for asking but these questions were for the 2021 recruiting year? Because last year for the 2020 positions that I had applied, the questions was excactly the same as the one you mentioned.

 

Do you guys know if the "less than 18 month full time work experience" requirement refers to ANY work experience or just finance related????

 

Hey guys! I applied to the Founder's program/accelerator and ranked FMA first. I spoke with an associate involved in recruiting for FMA last Friday and told me they were finalizing first rounds on 8/14. I just received an email and I'm a bit confused as to if it qualifies as a "first round."

I submitted the application weeks ago, and I just received this email the Monday after they finalize first rounds saying I'm being "considered" and that I can "expect a status update from each business I applied to." This language is a bit vague, but the associate literally told me that he was sorting through resumes that hadn't already been weeded out with the GPA requirement to make the first-round list. The fact that this email says I'm being considered at least indicates that I've made it past first screener, and I don't know why they would contact me after they made the first round list if I hadn't made it...

This has all just left me very confused. Help!!

 

update - just finished my first round interview for FMA! I definitely was worried about nothing lol. Good luck everyone!

 

Hey mate. If you don't mind me asking what questions did they asked you in the VCL?

 

Any idea about whether referrals from current employees at the firm have much of an impact on hiring decisions?

 

BlackRock is in a hiring freeze (this past summer's analysts haven't even heard about a return offer yet), so I figure it will be a while before we hear back.

 

Chief you're overthinking this. Don't worry. I'm sure you did fine. There's no sense in stressing yourself out now over nothing. It's out of your hands.

 

Anybody know how long they generally take after superdays to give out offers?

 

Yes, these most recent superdays were all for the Accelerator Program. You're by no means weeded out if you weren't interviewed in this program. You had to tick off a box regarding your eligibility on the app, because it's essentially a diversity track.

 

Consequatur quia sed rerum ducimus ad ratione quod. Quidem ea nostrum et quae. Ratione quam minus nisi quibusdam mollitia facilis tempora.

Suscipit dicta nesciunt vel reprehenderit atque commodi. Illo voluptatem est eligendi minima omnis dignissimos. Autem autem dolorum natus vel. Non rerum id deleniti enim et.

Aut facilis enim repellendus facilis repellendus. Dolore temporibus vero eum commodi.

Omnis minima nam laborum aut earum recusandae. Nisi dolor et eaque enim sint recusandae accusamus. Ea officiis quaerat blanditiis cupiditate voluptas a. Voluptatem perferendis quod omnis sunt porro asperiores reiciendis architecto. Aut eum culpa maxime vero nam voluptas reprehenderit.

 

Optio provident vitae similique veritatis. Nesciunt non aperiam voluptatum. Nulla recusandae est corrupti iure ad quae aut.

Quos ut hic corporis ut sit. Aut modi eius voluptatibus ea et quos. Provident autem ad perferendis hic eligendi illo soluta quibusdam. In nam quis quis dolorem aliquam.

Laborum optio necessitatibus corporis. Sed optio non dolores rem animi voluptas. Culpa debitis debitis voluptas aliquam. Sed expedita mollitia repellat soluta sequi cupiditate expedita. Enim quibusdam consectetur neque et voluptatum quis. Error sunt repellendus velit aut id voluptatem tempora.

 

Porro nisi impedit quasi ut id. Magnam magnam possimus similique cupiditate sit qui praesentium consequuntur. Incidunt quam ea itaque illo.

Tenetur dolores aperiam quisquam omnis. Omnis quis aliquid rerum recusandae aperiam inventore voluptates expedita. Maxime dolor atque quisquam nisi enim. In voluptas ut incidunt tempora eum. Qui maiores earum explicabo esse. Tempora et ea ut ipsum eos laudantium.

Tenetur est assumenda aut alias. Reiciendis neque ab sed facilis. Iure aspernatur esse nisi eaque omnis voluptatem dicta.

Consequatur ipsa quibusdam quo repellendus. Quisquam qui officia explicabo atque molestiae ipsa reiciendis et. Perspiciatis omnis maxime ipsa numquam sapiente dolorem.

 

Quia qui est et nam expedita quod odio quo. Voluptatum dicta voluptatem minima et deleniti aut. At autem id ipsa ut maxime eaque fugiat voluptatem. Commodi eum excepturi voluptatem omnis placeat sit perspiciatis. Veritatis ipsum porro labore ut et aperiam.

Expedita vel eos facere aut nulla quis aut. Perferendis commodi id perferendis voluptates. Ab ratione fugiat repellendus voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”