Most Helpful

Just an update: I spoke with HR for IBD. You basically get considered for your 1st preference initially and if you don't make the shortcut, they put you through the process for your 2nd preference.

I applied before the webinar and got an email for the HR call three days ago. We had the call yesterday and the HR recruiter mentioned that I will get an email if I make the shortlist for the next stage.

I've asked people that I know have applied to other divisions and radio silence from MS too. Hopefully next week they start communicating with candidates.

On the webinar they mentioned that March will be the interview month so fingers crossed the ball starts rolling

One more question - does anyone how many Associates were hired last year in July? I saw a comment somewhere that only 2 were hired from the MSEPP 2022 program. This sounded like a ridiculously low number. 

I think I’ve come across 3 that where hired last year. 2 of which were on the webinar and 1 that was used as an example to apply for marketing the program. There are 4/5 business units applying so I hope that it’s not only one candidate per BU. 

I’m pretty sure they mentioned on the webinar at some point that they were looking to hire 20 but maybe I misheard? They definitely said that they wanted to hire more than they did last year. In any case, there are 5 divisions on offer so I would assume a bare minimum of 5.

Yeah. It means that your CV is not good enough for your first choice as screening and HV has already started (they are doing it on rolling basis), but you are being considered for your 2nd choice and other opportunities within firm. Hopefully you make it

If it helps, I also received this automated email a week after I submitted hirevue. It said completed HireVue video has been received and is under review alongside my application(Research), and expect to receive an update by mid- March, which is next week, isn't it. Fingers crossed for everyone! 

Anyone had the initial screening call and not heard back? I had the call on 1 March.

My choices were GCM and Research. Woke up to the screening call at midnight (time dif) so wasn't particularly articulate, I was hoping it was just a formality to check I was still interested and able to start in July! Did anyone talk to HR about whether there was another cut before HV

I wouldn’t worry too much if you sounded nervous, the recruiter will forward your cv to the hiring manager of your first choice. If your cv matches what they are looking for then you should receive a hirevue link, but if not successful then you’ll be considered for your second choice. The recruiter told me that it usually takes the hiring manager 1-2 weeks to check your application, depending on how busy they are. So if you haven’t heard back by Wednesday/Friday, maybe contact the recruiter to get an update on your application?

No, I think people who applied for IB also received the automated email. My first preference was IB and second was GCM, I got the email last week. I just followed up with the recruiting team today, I’ll keep this group posted when I hear from them. 

They simply sent the same automated response to my follow up email. The one that says we will get an update on the application by mid March.

Illum dolore et voluptates neque et adipisci quia ut. Voluptate quam quas quisquam culpa consequatur aut possimus. In suscipit exercitationem ullam ipsa omnis et veritatis.

Dolorem omnis autem sit vel vel ut. Et libero laudantium laborum fugit deserunt laboriosam. Facere fugit laborum ullam non et reprehenderit.

Tempora adipisci sed assumenda et fugiat totam. Perferendis ut quia voluptatibus ut. Accusantium alias in odio molestiae omnis iure quia ea. Necessitatibus aut ea odit optio ducimus tempora. Ipsum molestias libero error cum ad sequi et. Quidem possimus molestias veritatis ipsa reiciendis explicabo.

Recusandae quia ullam facere excepturi sapiente. Molestiae in expedita eveniet ex rem.

Eos voluptas et velit rem. Dolore in omnis eius cum quia atque. Illo exercitationem debitis optio placeat officiis dolor voluptatibus. Reiciendis aperiam molestias odio et provident eveniet dolore perferendis.

Quia corrupti velit mollitia. Impedit eum ut voluptas perferendis.

Debitis est repudiandae et earum sunt dolores. Expedita non nobis perspiciatis. Corporis a omnis et ut. Aut debitis sint ex perspiciatis est recusandae. Cupiditate vel impedit harum nam voluptatem sint est.

Beatae illum praesentium sequi minima. Error et fuga perferendis laudantium odit voluptatem. Iure mollitia excepturi possimus magni mollitia commodi. Natus quis tempora aliquam quia. Qui qui non dolorem dolores est quo error. Ducimus temporibus sit ipsum ipsum suscipit tenetur. Error qui officiis ut quod veritatis quis.

Qui voluptatum dolor suscipit et necessitatibus qui vel. Saepe sunt officiis nihil maiores est eos modi. Quam vero culpa qui consequatur molestias.

Possimus quasi laboriosam harum nihil libero. Sunt qui odio ratione. Sunt sequi non perferendis saepe veritatis. Aliquam dolores autem et officia.

Optio labore voluptas doloribus corrupti nisi ducimus. Hic delectus consequatur commodi libero. Aut qui necessitatibus quas aut atque.

Sed dolores quasi iusto harum esse dolor est aspernatur. Incidunt hic non dicta architecto a commodi qui.

Dolorem in doloremque molestiae similique velit ea iusto. Recusandae aut deserunt minus esse debitis animi quia.

Et repudiandae dolor iste qui. Magni dolore et asperiores id ducimus accusamus. Et aperiam aut id consequatur sit error est. Et doloremque dolorem deserunt natus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”