The Social Network For Smart Money Investors

• Commonstock built a platform to showcase the portfolios, real-time trades, and analysis of the smartest retail investors, helping you distinguish signal from noise. 
  • From equities and options to crypto and NFT's, markets are changing fast. It's more important than ever to find trustworthy information. 

Comments (148)

Oct 7, 2021 - 12:39pm
Principal445, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I thought they are accepting all kind of application (Finance/Non Finance) . Did you know why they rejected? Not sure how they judged just on application (assuming you didn't had any interview). 

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Oct 6, 2021 - 3:45pm
dominicdesaleslaterriere, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I have applied. Had a call with the recruiter and waiting to hear if I'm moving to the first round 

Oct 7, 2021 - 3:40pm
edsurface, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Is this for London? I applied to S&T few weeks ago, had a call with HR recruiter few days after, who then said I would hear back in 2-3 weeks if I progressed to the next stage. Its been over 3 weeks now...hoping I've not been dinged...

Nov 12, 2021 - 8:02pm
Bruce Wizzzzayne, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I applied on Oct 26th.......was told they would be in touch the week of Nov 8th.....I just checked my application and noticed I never did the Hirevue portion! I completed it on Nov 12- 17 days after I initially applied 😅, application still says in review tho!

Oct 13, 2021 - 11:57am
HK888, what's your opinion? Comment below:

what background you from? and whats the status of you application i.e. did you receive HR interview/HireVue yet?

Oct 17, 2021 - 3:57pm
scandalouz11, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Evening all,

My concern is that it will not be even playing field if questions are tailored to our cv's. I am an army vet, does anyone know whether questions are to explain cv or more about individual statements on cv?

Oct 22, 2021 - 7:57am
scandalouz11, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I had it and I found it less about cv but more competency based questions like most other interviews. Focused too much on my cv and did not really prepare for competency type questions so will have to wait to complete recruiter phone call. I have completed Hirevue and now recruiter call as was rescheduled.

Oct 19, 2021 - 5:27am
MMntkk0, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Can anyone share the questions? What questions should we expect?  Are they typical fit "why MS why this division" " tell me about the time you worked in a team" etc or S&T related? I was told over the phone that they will match you within the role that best fits your preferences and background (after the phone conversation) but the initial application was for S&T and that what the HireVue title is too. Any idea/advice? thx!

Oct 19, 2021 - 5:37am

When did you apply for the role and when did you receive the HireVue? From what I know, without giving away the questions as that would be unfair on others, I believe it is more behavioural based rather than technical, so it would be good to know MS values and how you can apply those to your previous experiences that you may have mentioned on your CV.

• Analyst 2 in S&T - Other
Oct 19, 2021 - 6:44am

For those who have done the HireVue already (particularly those with a finance background) - were there technical questions?

I've been trying to think what they could possibly ask that would apply to everyone given the technical knowledge required for a structuring role would be rather different to sales, to risk, to research...

Oct 19, 2021 - 7:35am

Best of luck with your interview! What is your background i.e. degree/professional background if I may ask? Just to see if theres a certain preference they may have. I'm Econ + 3 years audit 

• CEO in IB - Cov
Oct 19, 2021 - 4:51pm

Had call with recruiter but nothing yet. Still says "in review"

Oct 20, 2021 - 1:43pm

I just received an email with an update that second round interviews will begin w/c 8th Nov, and that HireVue's are currently under review. No update on whether or not we have made it through the HireVues yet though so I think they may still be sending those out. Anyone else received this email?

Oct 21, 2021 - 5:05am
chasingcars, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just heard back - rejected :( Best of luck all those through to the next round and in your subsequent career choices. 

Oct 22, 2021 - 4:09am
DonaldDuck, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Rejected here as well. Did HR but never received HireVue... just rejection email.

Nov 4, 2021 - 4:46pm
PharmConsult, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I got an invite for the next stage after Hirevue (London). Good luck to everyone!

Most Helpful
Nov 19, 2021 - 6:00am
PharmConsult, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hiya, I interviewed on Tuesday last week and was called on Wednesday this week. I'll likely have the final round and HR interviews next week. HR hope to let me know by the w/c 6/12/21 the result, but it could vary. 

Nov 18, 2021 - 4:42pm
Bruce Wizzzzayne, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just got an email from HR saying they are finalizing the initial review of candidates- "we will be in touch very soon". My application is still "in review".

Nov 19, 2021 - 6:23pm
particularsyrup, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just got an email today. Moving on from the hirevue round. Slated for a zoom interview between Dec. 2nd -6th. This is for ER btw

Dec 2, 2021 - 9:36am
DrewBanker, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I've heard that the process is really only 2 rounds. First round with 2 seniors, then a zoom super day, after which they decide who makes it into the program. But that was last year, things could be different this time around.

Dec 4, 2021 - 12:49pm
theminddepth, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I interviewed for the London office. In total, I had more than 10 interviews. HR -> HireVue -> Super day x3 -> HR -> the rest is with different groups. I had a "final" interview last week. It was "final" because Zoom meeting was named the final interview. However, I think it is likely I might have a few more if the ongoing feedback is still positive. It is the longest interview loop I've ever had.

Dec 10, 2021 - 3:38pm
unionskins13, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Quo reiciendis blanditiis et qui in at. Alias doloribus debitis tempora. Et sint nihil ut qui atque. Impedit repellendus nemo beatae ut distinctio.

Est reprehenderit corporis eum molestias quis nihil perspiciatis. Aut sed magni similique quod quia rerum rem. Eum omnis quasi ipsam quo quasi officia accusamus. Cupiditate voluptatem omnis aliquid assumenda qui nihil.

Et ipsum voluptas blanditiis vel sint. Harum officia eveniet dolore assumenda saepe. Tenetur incidunt fugiat sed nisi quaerat.

Et est sunt quibusdam. Nulla facilis et et debitis est omnis.

Mar 12, 2022 - 4:47am
oscarbebo, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Non ipsam qui est illo. Et quod voluptate facilis voluptatum aperiam porro odio. Id quia est sequi est quia dolorem. Et magnam in corporis est fuga porro.

Animi vitae ut quaerat voluptas vel et rem minus. Ipsum porro quos sapiente provident quia similique non. Vitae aut nulla aperiam necessitatibus dolores unde numquam voluptas.

Ut voluptates qui porro cumque nihil cum et. Accusamus sequi nostrum tempora veritatis qui. Odio perspiciatis reiciendis commodi eaque fuga quisquam.

Mar 13, 2022 - 8:04pm
ib_monkey123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Qui deleniti quidem sit dolorum doloribus voluptatum. Eum saepe doloremque non facilis amet quo. Ea ullam culpa ullam ipsum consequatur odio hic. Quis consequatur voluptatem sequi omnis. Et quia voluptas aut impedit molestiae rerum porro.

Id laborum voluptatem est ut sapiente quia. Ducimus sit eum expedita aperiam quia unde. Quis aut in voluptatum facilis ipsa veritatis quo.

Rerum consequatur quo suscipit adipisci tempore sunt fugiat fugiat. Cum non architecto officiis voluptate. Aperiam cupiditate neque a similique eius. At qui quaerat aut ipsum incidunt unde. Quidem et in omnis est eum ad. Necessitatibus iure placeat aliquid cupiditate. Quis fugit dolores assumenda totam in.

Rerum aliquid illo fugiat quibusdam est voluptates quo optio. Animi accusamus non in odio. Iste architecto autem a expedita. Nihil soluta ut praesentium ut.

Mar 24, 2022 - 2:37pm
COntangoCharlie, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Enim est maxime magni laboriosam. Et recusandae esse vitae laborum et voluptas omnis quae. Natus consequuntur dolorum dolor qui. Autem architecto dicta itaque expedita reiciendis dolorem. Quas id dolor consequatur exercitationem vitae necessitatibus dolores. Accusamus maiores voluptas quis natus reprehenderit qui.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲03) 99.6%
  • RBC Capital Markets (▲07) 99.2%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲02) 98.7%
  • Lincoln International (▽02) 98.3%
  • Houlihan Lokey (▲07) 97.9%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲12) 99.6%
  • Rothschild (▲02) 99.1%