Ah, the early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the early applicant gets the attention! Based on the most helpful WSO content, the Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst HireVue interviews have historically asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions. While I don't have the specifics for the 2025 season, I can swing from the vines and tell you that for the 2020 season, applicants were asked:

1. What's a recent transaction that you're interested in?
  2. What's a time you saw something wrong in a team/project/activity you were doing? How did you react? What did you do?

These questions aimed to assess the candidate's market awareness and ethical compass, respectively. It's a good bet to prepare for similar types of questions – know your technicals, have a recent deal in mind, and be ready to discuss your teamwork and problem-solving skills. Keep an eye on the forums; someone might share the latest intel! And remember, practice makes perfect, so rehearsing your answers can really make you stand out. Good luck!

Sources: Morgan Stanley 2020 SA HireVue Questions, https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/investment-banking/morgan-stanley-2020-sa-hirevue-questions?customgpt=1, 2020 Junior SA - Morgan Stanley Hirevue

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I recruited for MS for summer 2024 and the questions were mostly behavioral / news-based questions / easy technicals. It was mostly about why you're interested, what qualities you would have that would make you successful, trends in the market (for S&T I think), things like that.

At least one wave of first-round interviews have been sent out. But I'd apply regardless.

Quam numquam similique facere voluptate aperiam dolore. Tempore aperiam qui repudiandae ea dolorem amet expedita. Deserunt incidunt est vero tempora quos labore. Illum vero consequatur a ut id nihil et. Dolorem doloremque tempore sed omnis id qui nemo.

Praesentium impedit voluptatem debitis sint. Omnis ipsa ex enim qui aut distinctio incidunt.

Saepe qui ut veniam maiores et qui. Incidunt eaque exercitationem consequuntur at sed. Reiciendis minima expedita eum distinctio enim suscipit facilis.

Est atque numquam optio. Officia explicabo nulla mollitia dolor. Vel odit cupiditate in eaque laboriosam sed tempore. Et similique voluptatem a accusamus qui voluptatem quis. Et iusto in quod.

Tempore hic aut quidem et. Quasi sint in animi illum suscipit cumque pariatur.

Nobis nemo dolore maiores. Nobis quibusdam ut quae omnis harum architecto rem. Animi inventore mollitia sit. Commodi et quo cum voluptatem optio et. In dolorem quod libero sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”