2016 Summer Analyst IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread

Mod Note (Andy): Make sure to bookmark this page as this will be the cumulative thread for 2016 SA IBD info and added to the frontpage each week to help collect more info

As banks recruit earlier and earlier, I thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread for recruiting this fall. I know from first hand that some accelerated processes are kicking off so it might be beneficial to start aggregating data. This will help keep track of what's going on and the individual deadlines for online applications.

APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS

Goldman Sachs

Morgan Stanley

J.P. Morgan

Bank of America ML

Citigroup

Barclays

Credit Suisse

Deutsche Bank

UBS

Wells Fargo Applications open: 7/22/15

Lazard

Lazard Middle Market

Jefferies

Centerview

Moelis

Greenhill

Perella Weinberg

Houlihan Lokey

Evercore

HSBC

Nomura

Sun Trust Robinson Humphrey

RBC

Raymond James

Piper Jaffray

Baird

Oppenheimer

Cowen

BMO Capital Markets

Tudor, Pickering, & Holt

Simmons & Co.

Qatalyst Partners.

Guggenheim

William Blair

RBS

Stifel Nicolaus

Societe Generale

Daiwa Capital Markets

Stephens, Inc.

Imperial Capital

Peter J. Solomon Company

Brown Brothers Harriman

Mizuho Securities

None are open as Gronk said, but a lot of these banks are doing informal recruiting in the sense that, they want to "get to know you better."

That's what a majority of the people that I've talked to said at various banks.

Wow congrats! I'm attempting to do the same at WF so we'll see how it goes. Are you saying SA getting paid 85k for 3 months work? I had though that ft gets that and then their bonus which can be who knows what lol. PM me if you'd like to explain more.

This is for the 2016 Full-Time Investment Banking Class

wallstreethopeful17:

^ I don't think so. I'm fairly close with people from Stifel, but had no idea about an accelerated process. I was told by their recruiters to reach out in October/November.

Sorry, but not close enough.

We hope your summer is going well! We are reaching out today, inviting you to apply for our

accelerated interview process of our 2016 Full-Time Investment Banking Analyst Class! The process,

outlined below, will allow you to submit your resume and interview with the firm prior to going

back to campus in the fall. We hope this earlier timeline will be helpful to you in navigating and

considering full time opportunities.

Application Process:

We will be hiring Investment Banking analysts in New York, Baltimore, Bethesda, Richmond,

Houston, Chicago, St. Louis, and San Francisco.

Submitting your Resume:

In order to be considered for full-time accelerated interviews, we ask that you submit your current

resume to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX via email by Sunday, July 19th at 11:59 PM. Please ensure the subject

line includes “2016 Accelerated Process – Your Name.” In your email, you must rank your office

location preference of the following: New York, Baltimore, Bethesda, Richmond, Houston, Chicago,

St. Louis, and San Francisco. We do not require a cover letter or any online submission.

Interviews:

If selected for an interview, first round phone screens will take place before Wednesday, August 5th

with final rounds beginning on Tuesday, August 11th.

We look forward to considering your candidacy in our accelerated process!

Best,

The Stifel Recruiting Team

Schwanstucker:

I currently attend a westcoast school (Cal/UCLA/USC) and have some information based on OCR

The following dates refer to drop-deadlines for OCR Resumes

Credit Suisse United States Investment Banking Summer Analyst: OCT 28

Stifel United States Investment Banking Summer Analyst: OCT 28

Macquarie United States Investment Banking Summer Analyst: OCT 28

Wells Fargo United States Investment Banking Summer Analyst: OCT 28

Barclays United States Investment Banking Summer Analyst: OCT 26

Makes sense because Wells Fargo's website is still only showing SA 2015 info

Yeah I applied on the 22nd. Here is the email response I got back. Thank you for your interest in employment with Wells Fargo.

We have received your application for the following Job Opening:

5116727-Wells Fargo Securities Summer Analyst Program 2016

You may view your application by clicking on the address provided here, or by copying and pasting it into your web browser. After you sign on, click the My Activities link at the top of the page, then click on the link with the job title above.

https://employment.wellsfargo.com/psp/PSEA/APPLICANT_NW/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM…

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your background and experience with us. We will review your application and contact you if there is a match between your background and our needs. We wish you success in your job search.

Sincerely, Wells Fargo Recruitment

Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women

Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation

This response is not an offer of employment.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: When receiving emails, you should be aware that your email service provider may add hyperlinks to the content of the email. Please note that any hyperlinks sponsored by Wells Fargo in connection with its employment application process will include a wellsfargo.com address in the link. Any hyperlinks that do not specifically include a wellsfargo.com address are not sponsored by Wells Fargo, and Wells Fargo makes no representation regarding the validity or security of such hyperlinks. Also, please note that Wells Fargo does not require candidates to pay fees in connection with its employment application process.

Yes, they have done this in the past. No, there will be no other option for people who miss the day. If you can't remember to put one day for their application on your calendar, are your really the most qualified person for the job?

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

With regards to Wells, I'm not sure why they do this, but I know that a few times throughout the fall (and spring maybe?) they will put up posts for 24 hrs. Not really sure what the point of it is, though, as I have never heard of anyone getting interviews from them (only from OCR resume drops)....

So when banks have their application open online, do you submit your application online and then network and tell people in your network to pass along your resume? What's the point of applying online when you are just going to give your contacts your resume?

Unrelated, if I just started reaching out to alum this week am I screwed? Any tips for last minute networking?

I've been in contact with satellite BBs and EBs. Some are taking the new recruiting timeline in stride and waiting until after the chaos ends, but a few are freaking out and have been doing superdays throughout October. At this rate, most spots will be filled before 2015 ends.

Are you at a target? Deadlines for targets tend to be in late September or October. Lazard's deadline for my school was Oct 4 and GS is Oct 14.

The application is still open online for whatever that's worth, and if need be I'm sure the deadline can be skirted around through contacts. It also depends on location. I know Hong Kong and Singapore deadlines are in mid-November for CS (for those interested).

Edit: CS's deadline is November 12 on my school's career site. I'm at a secondary type of target (think USC, Williams, Swarthmore).

jjinva:

I have seen almost all BBs Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse Barclays etc only lets you apply to two divisions/locations.

Does anyone know if any BB or MM lets you apply to more than those?

I'm pretty sure GS allows three division/location preferences.

Speaking of GS, has anyone who applied for the accelerated round heard back yet? My school (target) deadline was Oct. 7.

had a phone interview last week with Wells Fargo for securities sa. still waiting to hear back. 2nd round is another phone interview and then their superday is at their headquarters in charlotte, nc. got interview through ocr resume drop. i was wondering if anyone was on a similar timeline/heard back about 2nd round

Had interviews with WF for both S&T and IB internships last week, waiting to hear back. Also waiting to hear back from Jefferies. From non-target school. What other firms do non-target recruiting in the fall?

Does anyone know about when GS starts interviewing for Non-OCR? Got an internal referral and my resume passed but have not heard from anyone in weeks!

Possimus aliquam harum veritatis corrupti. Nemo sequi voluptas ipsam ipsum ut cumque. Quis quam inventore quod dolorem eos.

Voluptatem soluta qui non corrupti. Neque qui hic perspiciatis eum. Reiciendis fuga ut recusandae laboriosam qui. Consequatur cumque non ea atque similique. Quam ullam ut hic aliquam mollitia inventore.

Dolorem tempora neque id natus sunt saepe et repellat. Quidem alias nostrum ab. Provident distinctio nobis nostrum sequi quo ea recusandae. Id occaecati nobis nostrum qui qui. Voluptas est debitis ea est. Pariatur vel assumenda sint. Voluptatem maiores et ad corrupti.

Quaerat quo officiis possimus qui deleniti. Praesentium facilis perferendis molestiae aliquid accusantium quia nihil dolorem. Et dignissimos sequi earum velit illo natus pariatur architecto.

Ut aut neque magni et quas est ea voluptatibus. Quaerat cumque exercitationem voluptas totam enim blanditiis optio. Ut nesciunt veritatis omnis optio consequuntur asperiores. Est cupiditate enim qui. Nesciunt sit non quisquam ut sit eum. A sit dicta alias suscipit consectetur magnam id. Modi et qui unde corrupti alias totam autem.

Ullam cumque perferendis omnis. A qui animi aut itaque non.

Sunt aspernatur dolorem id dolorem qui et. Nesciunt amet illum quidem natus molestiae. Optio molestiae eligendi quisquam dolorem ullam nesciunt voluptatum. Animi rem incidunt aut. Dolores velit ipsum ut optio quibusdam necessitatibus a ipsa. Culpa voluptatem odit commodi ut voluptatem quas quia doloribus. Adipisci quis occaecati qui aut ipsum et.

Quibusdam dicta nam minima aut rerum. Id voluptatem magnam sit quia omnis. Repellat ratione assumenda aut cumque maiores libero voluptatem eos. Suscipit qui distinctio et ducimus sit et. Iure excepturi non quia a.

Et sed perspiciatis ut rerum voluptas vel et perspiciatis. Iure voluptas illo quia repudiandae reiciendis. Corrupti pariatur accusantium debitis eligendi optio ut. Sequi fugiat aut aut voluptatem iure. Hic odio necessitatibus iusto dolorem ullam eius.

Maxime quia et earum dolorem dolorem officia. Omnis fugiat voluptatum laudantium expedita odio in alias quo. Eos eum aut commodi facilis est nam. Distinctio voluptatibus perferendis ut sed. Ut quis repudiandae unde itaque.

Consequatur repudiandae praesentium eius id mollitia. Rem incidunt aliquid voluptas magnam laborum. Aspernatur at voluptas id.

Repudiandae et omnis ab sed id error. Natus dolorem quis possimus rerum corrupti voluptatum qui.

Nihil cupiditate sed nihil libero ducimus dolorem odit atque. Veritatis aspernatur aperiam ullam culpa. Aliquam voluptates culpa nihil ea id nobis. Repellendus dolorem dolor qui inventore soluta quo velit quia. Impedit animi praesentium qui. Nesciunt nisi eaque iste dolor omnis aut. Ipsum officia totam dolorem et aut.

Animi iusto libero quo itaque dolor et. Perferendis voluptatem rerum delectus in. Alias neque eius totam voluptas nulla non reprehenderit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”