2017 McKinsey insight and BCG bridge2BCG status updates for APD

Hi everyone,

I would like to start a thread for 2017 McKinsey Insight and BCG bridge2BCG status updates for advanced degree candidates.

Please feel free to post updates and indicate which programs in which region you applied to!

does everyone get this email or is it selective? I'm a little confused about the offer to apply early... It seems like taking the PST is guaranteed and otherwise you would have to make it past the resume screen? Seems odd to do this part early but then still be in the fall interview pool, or maybe I'm just confused

I got an invitation to interview with Insight Asia-Pacific at 3 pm last Friday. I am scheduling an interview, which should be within this week. . -My friend got a rejection email from Insight program yesterday morning (Monday), however, McK invited him to the first round interview for the full-time position. (*heavy breathing with jealousy)

I'm under the impression that all Insight program finalists and the actual participants are automatically invited for FT interviews this fall. So if you're interviewing for Asia-Pacific, that counts you as a finalist. I got this from the FAQ on the McK insight page: "Program finalists and participants will automatically be invited to first-round interviews."

1. Make sure you understand a general business concept. for example, what are the factors the company needs to consider if they want to jump into a new market.
  2. Understand simple math. Scaling rule. Know some big number (number of US population for example) to help with prediction and projection.

Also: sorry I'm not familiar with the scaling rule in the context of business decisions. Could you please say more on that? Thanks again.

Got a quick rejection from McK Insight HC a few days ago, and like someone above, the email said nothing about inviting me for an FT interview or to apply later. I have to say I appreciate the quick turnaround time! Has anyone heard a response from BCG Bridge Boston?

Just a data point. Applied for all MBB's summer workshops for advanced degree candidates.

MCK Asia Pacific: phone interview invite on 4/21. phone interview on 4/26 with a manager. It was very friendly and smooth. Business scenario question is pretty random. One suggestion is to listen to the person carefully without doing note because you will be missing sth while doing note. That's my personal experience.

BCG Dallas: No response so far. Was very interested in BCG because they actually came to campus for info session. Felt easy to be connected with them.

Bain: Just submitted on 4/21.

Somehow, I could not reply any private message in WSO. It might be related to a new user policy. Just want to say sorry for not responding. Hope I would be able to use private message in the following days...

Is it possible to not to as well in the case portion of a McK Insight interview, do well on the case portion and still get selected? The case part of the interview really threw me off

Just got the rejection from South Bridge:

"While we were extremely impressed with the quality of the applicant pool, unfortunately we have a very limited number of openings and are unable to invite every candidate to participate. We regret to inform you that you have not been selected to participate in the program due to the high level of interest and the limited space available. This was a very difficult decision considering your valuable experience and achievements."

Video interviewed with Bridge Boston, just a nice 15min conversation on my experiences outlined in my essay response, and why I want to get into consulting. Did anyone send follow up thank you emails?

haven't heard anything... which insight program? Has anyone heard from Insight Asia-Pacific? Looks like they usually send out offers on Friday and then rejections on the next Monday...

Just got an interview offer for Bain's ADvantage last night. Got an email from recruiter that there were only 2 days of interview, seems pretty drastic cut pre-interview

Rejected by both Insight and Bridge, although BCG offered an entry to first round interview. Have not heard from Bain yet. I guess AIC and ADvantage have already given out all offers and interviews?

Just got an email invitation to Bain AIC today and my friend got the invitation two days ago. Looks like they are still sending out emails for these events. I also applied for Bain ADVANTAGE SF office, but I guess it is ding...

I think you should hear from them by next Monday (May 15th) about Bridge because they ask those who got accepted to register for the event by tomorrow (May 12th). So, it is possible that you are still on the waiting list.

Anyone doing anything to prepare for the programs they were invited to? Case practice, for instance? Not sure what is expected.

Are people preparing for these programs? Like practicing cases for Bridge2BCG? Also, does anyone know when we should apply for a FT position after that? I'm probably graduating in April 2018.

Autem quia dolores adipisci inventore est architecto ut. Aut iste deleniti quia nisi consequatur. Voluptatem sit et dicta iure rem quod libero.

Nulla natus similique laborum id. Iusto ab dolor dolor hic rem. Magni numquam aut inventore et at perferendis. Quam laborum deserunt neque sed soluta aut quo doloribus. Architecto et soluta nemo et eos ratione.

Illum sit maxime atque sit. Natus expedita porro tenetur atque necessitatibus omnis.

In pariatur omnis facilis alias. Odit autem veniam omnis corporis odio. Nulla consectetur pariatur sed corporis architecto vitae. Voluptatem sint ipsum voluptatem eos natus minus quam. Nihil quos et corrupti vero ducimus voluptate repellat. Tenetur voluptatibus atque perferendis numquam.

Et dolorem illo placeat minima magnam ex commodi reprehenderit. Quaerat repellendus qui alias impedit accusantium labore similique. Voluptatem voluptatum repellendus aperiam dolor pariatur. Est deserunt id sed ut vero alias rerum occaecati. Aut saepe dolores qui.

Consequatur inventore rerum sequi eveniet. Soluta et porro delectus doloremque rerum praesentium sunt. Quia dolores quae ad eos aspernatur. Quos maxime nobis quia ad sapiente non omnis.

Qui quibusdam perspiciatis veniam quis sit molestias. Dignissimos blanditiis laboriosam veritatis ut. Laudantium nesciunt rerum aut sequi cupiditate quia.

Aut sunt ea est. Totam est libero eligendi. Qui rerum harum ipsam necessitatibus.

Saepe vero atque ipsum magnam. Aliquam dolor dignissimos deleniti officiis. Totam harum quos error quia porro. Sint qui vel quia est maiores. Dolore natus quis itaque autem assumenda ab. Consequatur qui suscipit cupiditate maxime debitis quaerat quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (551) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”