Applied to all 3 as well (although I'm not sure I'm considered in this exact group.. just graduated with Ph.D). Yesterday, I just got a Pymetrics link from BCG that is supposedly not going to be part of the interview process.

Thanks for starting this thread. Applied for all three a few weeks back, also (McKinsey, right under the buzzer). I'm a STEM PhD, finishing in the next year.

Have only heard back from BCG with psychometrics games.

Update [7/31/18] - Dinged by McKinsey yesterday Update [8.8.18] - Interview offer from LEK this morning (LA office) Update [8.10.18] - Dinged by BCG

Just a theory, but I may have not been eligible for advanced degree recruiting because I graduated in December 2016 and worked in academia for a year. Even though it was a temporary position roughly equivalent to a postdoc (in my discipline), the BCG recruiter I spoke with a while ago said I would be considered an experienced hire. I also didn't have any network at BCG. So it may have been an easy decision for them.

I applied to all 3 firms. Interview with Mckinsey. Waiting to hear from BCG and Bain. Looking at last year's thread, people heard from BCG and Bain starting on the 10th of August. So another week of torture haha.

I am in life sciences and also applied for LEK. I also recently submitted an app for IQVIA that I'm likely not qualified for but wanted to see if they would reach out with any interest. No word back from either. I heard from a contact at LEK (LA office) that they were going to be reviewing candidates and sending invites around this week.

Why do you guys think that the psymetric tests have anything to do with BCG's decisions? Does anyone have any inside info on this? Doesn't it say in the email that the results don't affect your chances of getting an interview or offer?

I don’t think people think the results will affect chances of getting an interview. I think people think whether you take it or not and whether you got the email to take it or not will affect the chances of getting an interview

Got interview invitation from McK on 7/27. Rejected by insight if that makes a difference. The campus ambassador is going to informally meet the candidates from our school and all candidates already signed up for the meeting time slots. I think if you are not hearing from the recruiter, then probably you are on the waiting list at this point. Btw, did anyone hear back from Bain?

STEM PhD, non-target McKinsey: applied 7/13, interview invitation 7/27, Chicago Bain: applied 7/18 BCG: applied 7/19, pymetrics 7/26, interview invitation 8/10, Chicago LEK LSS: applied 7/25

Edit: interview invitations

Mck: dinged 7/27 BCG: pymetrics 7/26; received interview 8/10 (east coast) Bain: received interview 8/9 (international) LEK: received phone interview 8/2 (east coast) Clearview: received phone interview 8/10 (east coast)

updated interview invitations and offices

Not sure the mail did not say anything, they said they will get in touch to schedule interview. Do you have info on GAMMA interview process and how it compares to generalist role process? I have a strong background in coding/Python but I am from an engineering degree (not computer/stat/math)

McK: dinged (7/27)

BCG: pymetrics (7/26); dinged for generalist, but interviewing for GAMMA position (8/10)

For BCG, I applied for a generalist role at a location that doesn't have GAMMA, so I'm not sure which location that would be for yet.

UPDATES for BCG Gamma:

8/28: Had phone screening. Notified I was moving on to next round at the end of the call.

9/6-11: Given data set to analyze for technical case and returned my analysis. Was approved to move forward to present the technical case as well as the business case interview.

Scheduled, both on WebEx:

9/18: Technical Case Interview

10/1: Business Case Interview

Final Update: BCG GAMMA: dinged (10/3) :(

Both interviews went pretty well, but not perfect. I was pleased with my performance since I'm pretty new to the business world, but I was pretty sure I was going to get rejected. Both interviewers were very kind and helpful, I can't complain. The only disappointing part is the amount of time required for preparing for both interviews and the length of the whole process.

Good luck to everyone still in the MBB game this season!

McKinsey: did Insight, received interview invite shortly after BCG: rejected from Bridge to BCG, received interview invite 8/10 Bain: did AIC, received interview invite 8/1 LEK: received interview 8/2 ClearView: did C2C, received interview invite shortly after

For the big 3, I applied to offices in the southern region.

Schwag.

Has anyone else not heard back from bcg? I wonder what their process is since I’ve heard of people getting invites and rejections so I’m just wondering if it means anything that I haven’t heard from them besides pymetrics

Chicago Bain is sending out interview invites currently (as in I got one 10 minutes ago). Looks like their interview day is August 24. Not sure about other offices. Best of luck to all!

rmg643:
Chicago Bain is sending out interview invites currently (as in I got one 10 minutes ago). Looks like their interview day is August 24. Not sure about other offices. Best of luck to all!

Interesting. BCG also interviews people on that same day

This isn't new info, but in case someone finds it helpful: M: interview invite sent 7/27; interview date 8/29 in Boston (NYC office choice) BCG: invite 8/10; interview date 8/24 in Boston (Philly office choice) Bain: no word as of 8/14 (applied to Boston, only of the MBB I didn't get to network with)

Rejection from Bain (SF) 8/17 - A note that may be useful to others in the future: interviewed for ADvantage (SF) in May but didn't get it. Because I interviewed for ADvantage, didn't get to attend AIC, and thinking that interviewing for ADvantage so early shot me in the foot for full time, even though they said I should still apply and seemed pretty interested until then. Next year's Bain applicants be cautious about applying to ADvantage – AIC may be a better route to full time unless your interview prep is perfect by May.

Oh well.

First round interviews coming up with McK (from attending Insight) and BCG (on 8/10, didn't get into Bridge) for SF/SV offices.

Saepe molestias rem magnam est. Et debitis omnis a dolorem veritatis quo vero. Ut vitae sunt temporibus quasi.

Veniam voluptate enim minus qui occaecati cum sunt. Maiores odio rerum aut inventore. Doloremque non voluptatibus ratione quisquam ea accusantium ducimus. Et dolor laboriosam aut aut fugit.

Ut suscipit et inventore qui tempora qui enim eos. Vitae tempora vero saepe non quod molestiae aut. Voluptas sint officiis dolores quo dolorum voluptates aut. Porro temporibus sit eaque molestiae.

Vitae fugiat ipsam cupiditate consequatur quae nobis sit. Beatae quia voluptas ut. Et quis magnam voluptate omnis.

Et consequatur fugiat eaque rerum reprehenderit perferendis doloremque. Ut architecto mollitia sed praesentium eum. Aut placeat voluptatem architecto sapiente ducimus. Natus suscipit dolor perspiciatis facere quidem dolorem. Iusto laudantium itaque aut sit dolor est. Doloribus aperiam et sequi harum quos sapiente architecto fugit. Dolorem ut quia numquam rem.

Et velit architecto ut cum. Quo expedita excepturi cumque voluptas ducimus quae et. Sunt et ea sed odio. Et similique deleniti reprehenderit nesciunt unde sint deserunt.

Dolorum quia nulla molestiae ducimus voluptatum iusto quo aut. Est et occaecati omnis placeat. Beatae officiis vitae iste perspiciatis animi ut. Dolore iste delectus qui cum.

Officia sunt exercitationem modi saepe deleniti. At iusto alias aut enim asperiores. Aperiam dolorem sunt voluptate pariatur alias non aliquid. Sit commodi at ipsam blanditiis optio est enim.

Sapiente odio quos qui iste. Nam magnam similique quod reiciendis.

Magni quia molestias cumque magni omnis. Quo aut rerum natus fuga mollitia. Eius architecto repellat minus sunt impedit aperiam provident. Velit quia rerum quaerat quae.

Assumenda dolorum repellendus veniam qui ab odit. Doloribus corrupti quis beatae dolor dicta. Facere ut eius omnis qui ab. Voluptatum voluptas neque neque dolor qui. Voluptatibus reprehenderit cum dignissimos aperiam molestias sunt asperiores. Harum necessitatibus et facilis et eius.

Autem sit sed iure id id sint eligendi velit. Porro nisi autem veritatis aut dicta quasi velit.

Corporis nobis qui eveniet ex. Ab veritatis voluptas dolore aperiam incidunt. Est nulla recusandae dolorem dolor quaerat vero laborum. Non in consequatur modi et dolor necessitatibus labore. Eligendi dolor sunt neque praesentium repellendus autem recusandae. Aut rerum minus dolor ut qui. Ratione quis rem laborum.

In natus qui vel voluptatem sed sed fugit illum. Doloremque aut illo explicabo. Ullam ea eos veniam totam illo ut iste. Quo praesentium delectus voluptas iste alias. Ullam quidem qui nihil voluptates pariatur quia id.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

March 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

March 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

March 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (99) $225
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Senior Consultant (329) $130
  • Consultant (585) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (145) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (342) $102
  • Associate Consultant (165) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1046) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (187) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (547) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”