Anyone who applied to more than one CS location notice that they can only edit non-NYC apps? My NYC app just says view submission and not view/edit like the others. Does that mean someone has seen my NYC app?

Think it might have because I can edit my other CS apps but not NYC. Weird because last cycle they closed Sept 1

[Comment removed by mod team]

Has anyone done non-target non-diversity interviews for NYC yet?

I thought it was easy lol. I finished with 30 seconds left over on numerical reasoning. Logical reasoning was a little tougher and was confused on some but still got through it all.

Yeah if you screwed up the assessment too much you get cut unfortunately. CS values the assessment a lot and you need to reach a certain threshold to get pass HR, even if you have a MD referral.

But how does one know if they screwed up or not? I think I did okay-ish, but not great. I don't want to waste time networking if there's no way for me to get an interview 

non-diversity? I personally did not but best of luck to you!

I didn't but if you did, congrats. Are you diversity or non-diversity? Target or non-target? 

Is CS sending out first rounds already? for non-diversity NY

It's only 1 test per account and it will be attached to all your applications. So you can't redo it until the next 8 months or something for all applications on the account.

I took once last week for 'A'  location and got invitation for the online assessment again for another region 'B' (not US). General HR email said they would send another email with the test link and details for 'B' shortly, but I haven't got. In this situation, HR in 'B' knew that I've already took my test previously, so they didn't send the link?

I disagree. I was close with a recruiting lead and one of my alums was the group head so me and a classmate of mine both had the MD’s referral. The recruiting lead told my friend that he couldn’t move on because he didn’t meet the cutoff on the tests even though he had the MD’s referral.

You probably did better than what you thought.

any updates? Have generalist 1st rounds been coming out?

Starts in mid june as far as I'm aware from talking to alumni. Only group specific 1st rounds have come out. At least for non-diversity.

Anyone get a "needs additional action" thing? Related to government officials and stuff

Yes their process is seperate. They take CVs from the generalist pool and take them in their own process.

Received first round for NY IB at target earlier today (or yesterday I guess), networked a decent bit

Anyone got first round for NYC non-diversity? Seems like they are supposed to start late May/early June according to people were saying

Not yet. Should come out this week. Last year they came out 6/9

I did this past weekend for this Friday. If you did not, I would not worry, I was told process would kick off in July so you never know with this stuff. 

Wow so I guess they have kicked off then. Thanks for letting me know

First round then super. Did you get a 1st round already for NY IBD? Not for a specific coverage group?

Was told by one of my contacts today that "they just got a fat stack of resume books this week, and will probably start sending out first rounds next week or the week after."

Anyone else's NYC app say updated June 14th but there's no actual update? I definitely didn't submit an updated resume so not sure what it updated. My other locations don't have any updates for the last 2 months.

I don't think I have a dedicated school recruiting team as there's only 1 alumni from my school, at least in IBD. I was hoping that it meant we passed the tests or something and that our app is officially being reviewed, similar to what you said. The only way we'll know it means anything is if other people's app didn't update on June 14th. Seems like some 1st rounds have come out in some degree, so not sure if we got cut. What do your contacts say on timeline?

Yeah, if anyone who interviewed on Tues or Wed of this past week hears back plz chime in here 

Sorry I don't have any advice, but how did you get the first round? Did you do a lot of networking?

Did not network at all and was not expecting this. I applied for the Women's mentor program back in March and thought it was long gone since I knew that other people have gotten offers already. Non-target as well. 

If I still don't have a first round for NY Coverage & Advisory, am I done? I am non-diversity, target, networked with a few, but no news so far

I don't know. I also haven't received a 1st round. Last year when 1st rounds came out, there were like 20 people on the thread all saying they received them at the same time. That can't be seen on this thread. Just a bunch of one off people who claim they got 1st rounds. Might be diversity stuff.

Do you have a source on this? Also does your NYC IBD app say updated June 14th?

Rem asperiores facere error velit cupiditate. Exercitationem quia eos accusantium repellat qui in. Iure nisi mollitia inventore rerum consectetur. Id sint non id iste aliquid occaecati.

Sapiente ullam dolores sed ut earum dignissimos qui. Aut quaerat mollitia reiciendis optio est natus qui consequatur.

Maxime ratione aut et accusamus. Quibusdam ab sit et quaerat quisquam. Sed deleniti ducimus necessitatibus minus reprehenderit. Quo vel cum odit. Provident debitis et distinctio non voluptatem. Doloribus perferendis esse dolorum eaque delectus quia. Voluptatem et delectus maxime neque autem excepturi sunt. Qui id dolorem eum eum.

Necessitatibus adipisci doloremque consequuntur quia delectus sed. Sint qui commodi consequuntur officia. Ipsam et eos recusandae qui provident et eum. Veritatis fugiat ipsa voluptatem. Non odio in at itaque excepturi. Voluptates perspiciatis dicta fugiat harum alias. Consequatur molestias est provident aperiam eum officia.

Vel et architecto molestiae fugiat. Vitae voluptatibus architecto eveniet unde quidem repellendus a doloremque. Voluptatem aut impedit voluptatibus dolores nobis modi ab. Ut culpa iusto exercitationem nihil neque. Rerum nostrum ut minus a omnis voluptatem sapiente.

Blanditiis et est adipisci assumenda dignissimos. In soluta perspiciatis voluptatem minima iusto.

Ducimus aliquam minima placeat temporibus praesentium vitae voluptas. Commodi inventore eum inventore dolorum voluptatem et. Consequatur ea autem sunt recusandae sit. Debitis laborum autem praesentium quia. Quia quos omnis pariatur quae eligendi saepe eius et.

Omnis facilis voluptatem non et animi mollitia ut. Quos nemo sapiente sit. Et quia est porro vel. Aut veritatis consequatur et soluta quibusdam eius.

Quia nisi id totam aut occaecati consequuntur quia id. Itaque omnis nulla quis quo animi quia. Quaerat molestiae optio dicta ut repudiandae maxime. Repudiandae saepe dolorum accusamus doloribus. Quidem ea occaecati consequuntur exercitationem voluptatem ut. Ipsam quis aut dolores modi.

Corrupti voluptatem omnis sint. Id culpa ab corporis sed ipsam et in fugit. Expedita debitis dicta vitae delectus quia beatae est. Debitis dolorum quidem error tempore quis aut perspiciatis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”