WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (401)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 9, 2021 - 1:41pm

Haven't heard back and did assessment a week ago. Following.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 21, 2021 - 6:23pm

Anyone know what score you need on online assessments in order to pass? Or can you get a referral and have a good cv and the online assessment isn't a big deal- would love some insight on this

• Intern in IB-M&A
Mar 21, 2021 - 7:56pm

The test is a big deal. A friend got blocked by HR from interviewing even tho he had referrals from top people because of his score. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 15, 2021 - 5:10pm

Anyone who applied to more than one CS location notice that they can only edit non-NYC apps? My NYC app just says view submission and not view/edit like the others. Does that mean someone has seen my NYC app?

Apr 30, 2021 - 10:13am

I have heard august from a recruiter and someone at the firm. 

Array
May 11, 2021 - 4:40pm

Anybody doing NYC S&T heard back? I got a rec but scared I messed up the online assessment and I've been dinged

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 12, 2021 - 3:40pm

I thought it was easy lol. I finished with 30 seconds left over on numerical reasoning. Logical reasoning was a little tougher and was confused on some but still got through it all.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 12, 2021 - 3:41pm

Yeah if you screwed up the assessment too much you get cut unfortunately. CS values the assessment a lot and you need to reach a certain threshold to get pass HR, even if you have a MD referral.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 14, 2021 - 8:24pm

It's only 1 test per account and it will be attached to all your applications. So you can't redo it until the next 8 months or something for all applications on the account.

May 31, 2021 - 6:53am

I took once last week for 'A'  location and got invitation for the online assessment again for another region 'B' (not US). General HR email said they would send another email with the test link and details for 'B' shortly, but I haven't got. In this situation, HR in 'B' knew that I've already took my test previously, so they didn't send the link?

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 18, 2021 - 6:31pm

I disagree. I was close with a recruiting lead and one of my alums was the group head so me and a classmate of mine both had the MD's referral. The recruiting lead told my friend that he couldn't move on because he didn't meet the cutoff on the tests even though he had the MD's referral.

You probably did better than what you thought.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 20, 2021 - 3:43pm

Starts in mid june as far as I'm aware from talking to alumni. Only group specific 1st rounds have come out. At least for non-diversity.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 22, 2021 - 4:20pm

Anyone get a "needs additional action" thing? Related to government officials and stuff

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 23, 2021 - 12:08pm

Does CS FIG have a different application process?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 23, 2021 - 3:36pm

Yes their process is seperate. They take CVs from the generalist pool and take them in their own process.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jun 3, 2021 - 2:04am

Received first round for NY IB at target earlier today (or yesterday I guess), networked a decent bit

Jun 6, 2021 - 6:28pm

Got into CS Houston IB around mid-April. Did not feel like I did very well the assessment but I took it the day before superday. Ultimately proved tech knowledge and fit in interviews which is far more important.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 6, 2021 - 11:24pm

Anyone got first round for NYC non-diversity? Seems like they are supposed to start late May/early June according to people were saying

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 7, 2021 - 2:51pm

I did this past weekend for this Friday. If you did not, I would not worry, I was told process would kick off in July so you never know with this stuff. 

Most Helpful
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 10:54am

Was just told by an analyst, who is in contact with HR, that they are still reviewing resumes and that we all should be hearing back in the next few weeks about first rounds.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 23, 2021 - 11:53pm

Anyone else's NYC app say updated June 14th but there's no actual update? I definitely didn't submit an updated resume so not sure what it updated. My other locations don't have any updates for the last 2 months.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 24, 2021 - 12:40pm

My account shows the same thing as yours. Maybe it means our resumes were accessed to be reviewed by the recruiting team? Do you go to a target with dedicated school recruiting team, if so that might be the case for us

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 24, 2021 - 8:10pm

I don't think I have a dedicated school recruiting team as there's only 1 alumni from my school, at least in IBD. I was hoping that it meant we passed the tests or something and that our app is officially being reviewed, similar to what you said. The only way we'll know it means anything is if other people's app didn't update on June 14th. Seems like some 1st rounds have come out in some degree, so not sure if we got cut. What do your contacts say on timeline?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 25, 2021 - 11:53am

Yeah, if anyone who interviewed on Tues or Wed of this past week hears back plz chime in here 

Jun 30, 2021 - 11:37pm

Did not network at all and was not expecting this. I applied for the Women's mentor program back in March and thought it was long gone since I knew that other people have gotten offers already. Non-target as well. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2021 - 7:21pm

Just got offered for this program. Like someone said, it was not really technical at all. Basic valuation questions and that is it. Really just trying to get to know you. But I was asked a mental math question which did catch me off guard. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2021 - 11:29pm

If I still don't have a first round for NY Coverage & Advisory, am I done? I am non-diversity, target, networked with a few, but no news so far

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2021 - 11:32pm

I don't know. I also haven't received a 1st round. Last year when 1st rounds came out, there were like 20 people on the thread all saying they received them at the same time. That can't be seen on this thread. Just a bunch of one off people who claim they got 1st rounds. Might be diversity stuff.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 2, 2021 - 10:56am

Commodi quis sit amet dolor et dolores doloribus vel. Aliquam similique et quam. Consequatur voluptatem consectetur doloremque. Eligendi unde velit ipsum quos libero placeat. Sint tenetur labore omnis explicabo ut delectus. Voluptatem quasi dolorum esse velit ex aut.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 6, 2021 - 12:03pm

Voluptatibus earum quos est et laborum sint ea. Aut consectetur reiciendis rerum fugit esse hic rerum. Impedit nam dolores itaque ratione fugit. Beatae vel neque architecto amet saepe eius sit. Tenetur adipisci autem eum harum impedit dicta. Adipisci eum id quae quae quaerat quam. Aperiam saepe qui modi voluptates in aut pariatur.

Sed aut quidem quisquam praesentium at. Eum quia repudiandae non similique sunt. Perferendis voluptatum vel nobis molestiae nam saepe voluptatibus. Ipsa suscipit eum quis tempora officiis. Autem non impedit expedita nulla. Ipsam sint dolores tempore sint tempora rerum distinctio.

Hic ut pariatur aut. Error deserunt qui repudiandae eum molestias explicabo sunt. Et distinctio asperiores eos explicabo eos voluptates.

Nesciunt aut cumque est veniam et quisquam ad. Id ut corrupti dolorum temporibus sequi architecto. Neque nostrum quae ab odio autem. Qui voluptas corporis et molestiae eum.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 6, 2021 - 12:25pm

Autem enim assumenda in cupiditate sapiente perspiciatis sit. Quo corporis quaerat aliquid natus asperiores. Temporibus excepturi sed incidunt porro voluptatum aut. Ullam exercitationem vero atque ut magni impedit consectetur. Aliquid illo architecto et ad architecto ullam eum earum. Iste possimus dolores repellendus. Asperiores magni velit sint voluptatem repudiandae ea eaque.

Jul 8, 2021 - 2:25pm

Velit iste atque ipsum aut. Qui ut rerum nihil sint qui est. Quos et quisquam tempora ducimus consequatur.

Consectetur laboriosam possimus nobis consequatur rerum. Occaecati non consectetur provident quisquam placeat. Qui quam voluptas sequi omnis nobis consequatur. Id et non fugiat ex voluptatibus. Quibusdam qui sapiente fugit porro nam aut unde.

Recusandae nisi ut nostrum quo in quam exercitationem. Distinctio incidunt non ut. In exercitationem dolores neque odio voluptatibus.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 8, 2021 - 7:28pm

In laudantium itaque eos voluptas suscipit fugit commodi. Ut doloribus nam et. Illum quaerat at ut sed. Veniam ut sit qui quis. Illum temporibus cupiditate aut et vel et libero. Molestiae optio aut aliquid et saepe.

Et velit quis quaerat veniam nobis. Nobis et repellendus aspernatur voluptate molestias. Adipisci aut optio qui. Sit quia sint non dolorem dolor recusandae veniam.

Sed eos consectetur excepturi voluptas. Veniam animi odio nemo sit corrupti voluptates ut.

Neque quod delectus maiores corrupti. Aliquam ut laboriosam saepe quam et quidem. Quam et exercitationem non. Ipsa adipisci error corrupti. Impedit iure pariatur incidunt ut distinctio.

Jul 13, 2021 - 9:59am

Beatae commodi deserunt qui debitis minus. Minima nostrum earum corporis aspernatur enim atque eum quidem. Eaque voluptatem quia ut velit. Earum assumenda mollitia aut quis doloremque. Quaerat unde assumenda illo id eligendi sunt non eum.

Ut qui dolor voluptas eveniet voluptatem illum ex. Nobis eos ex culpa. Corporis accusantium a porro vitae fugiat sunt. Quas et sunt est vel quasi.

Aut unde rerum beatae qui laborum vitae ullam. Odit dicta doloremque et molestiae a. Et et sit magnam quidem odio.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (220) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (133) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (484) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (376) $82