Evercore 2021 SA RX Superday

I have a superday tomorrow afternoon for Evercore’s restructuring team. I hear they’re not really into the cookie-cutter M&I 400 questions. there’s not a lot of waterfall and bond trading Interview guides out there so I’ve just been reading Moyer. any advice for the best way to use the next few hours?

hey man congrats on the offer!

I have a first round for EVR RX coming up this week and was wondering if for the accounting questions you meant just classical 3 statement walk through and also if there was any LBO or M&A questions ?

in terms of database which one helped the most? also, how long was superday?

congrats on the offer!

WSO has a database of questions for Evercore rx but they're kind of old so I looked at HL and PJT too. (I didn't get any case questions really, although I saw a lot of them in the database)

two hours and four interviews. three associates and I ended with a VP. the behaviorals weren’t difficult and kind of rushed through (I could tell they just wanted to grill me on technical stuff)

could you pm me? had a question from my superday i cant figure out, would really appreciate help on it for other rx interviews, but im out of pm’s for the day. thanks and congrats on evercore :)

Array

hey man congrats on the offer!

was wondering what were some of the non RX technicals that you got

still kinda related to the situation of distressed companies but:

“what happens to wacc as a company takes on more debt?” “one company generates cash flows based on coin flips and the other is a fridge company. what are their betas?” “two companies have the same multiple and they’re otherwise identical, except one uses a capital lease and the other an operating lease. which one had a higher multiple?”

Not involved w/ evercore at all but wanted to try my hand at these. Could u give some feedback? 1) Depends on how much debt the company already has. Could either decrease if there is a small amount of debt, but after a while if they take on too much Cost of equity could increase and therefore increase wacc. 2)Coin flip one going to have higher beta than fridge(riskier) 3)No idea. could u explain?

Really do not think it is fair for your to disclose all these questions that you got asked (and especially the answers) as it provides an unfair advantage for those who have not gone through the process yet.

Questions change each year and most of these actually aren't. Understand you are excited about the offer but please be considerate of those who do not use WSO and are therefore at a disadvantage

Most Helpful

relax it’s not that deep. this entire forum is about helping people out. it’s not like this are secret questions either. all of this stuff can be found on the internet

Not necessarily – more important is displaying your critical thinking skills and understanding of concepts. Don't be nervous and good luck

I think they have pretty much finalized their incoming class

Quibusdam repellendus illum facilis est voluptas. Autem sint inventore cumque optio fugit dolor. Voluptatem tempora et et autem.

Fugit sapiente ut earum. Nesciunt molestias voluptatibus debitis quisquam vitae illo consequatur. Culpa ea aperiam enim totam et nisi maxime accusantium. Quia odit delectus et voluptatem distinctio.

Eligendi nihil necessitatibus delectus quia. Molestias tenetur et delectus placeat blanditiis quo.

Ut aspernatur quia et ad. Ipsam non dolorem deserunt. Ut sunt ex ea praesentium asperiores quis voluptate. Velit quam accusantium voluptate porro.

Debitis debitis est dolorem non aliquam id. Ad doloremque quas illo laboriosam cupiditate rem at. Facere voluptatibus nihil quisquam officiis quisquam quia. Et velit optio temporibus optio repudiandae consequatur.

Nostrum possimus consequatur voluptatem tempora voluptatum minus non eos. Perferendis laudantium architecto qui laboriosam nulla et voluptas. Praesentium dolorem nihil ipsum velit perspiciatis. Earum tenetur aut et error aut id officiis. In esse rerum dolore eum vero. Et optio veniam quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”