Goldman Sachs Undergraduate Camp/Pride Summit/Women's Event 2018

I figured I would make a thread for everybody applying to Goldman's spring events. I just got my HireVue request for the undergraduate camp. Let me know how your processes go!

It's definitely more accepting today than it ever has been before, but there are still many in the industry who will definitely look down on you your entire career. You legitimately have to be one of the best to be respected as someone who is LGBTQ or a woman. I think you'd be crazy not to have respect for the under represented making it in this field.

That said, I'm still against hiring programs specifically targeting these groups- I think we can work to remove bias without making more bias, but that's just my opinion.

Went to the Undergraduate Camp event in Irving, Texas last year. Applied for the New York City event, but got stuck in Irving and didn't really get to meet many Investment Bankers there (they only have Real Estate IB group there, and only we only got to speak with one analyst from the group throughout the entire event). It seemed like they were really pushing us towards back office and technology roles. Really emphasized the whole "Goldman isn't just for finance people". Seemed like a convenient way to keep us all at the back of the bus, but I digress. I got the invitation on April 28th. It was actually pretty selective, and they only took 300 out of 6000 applicants. Nonetheless, I don't think the event was very valuable. Put it on my resume, and didn't even get an invitation for an IBD Summer Analyst hireview with Goldman.

Nope coz my "date assigned" has been changing all the time to today's date...I mean, if today's March 1, it changes to March 1, if today's Feb 28, it's Feb 28...

Best Response

the fact that they are taking so long to get back is very frustrating, considering we are all students who would have to make academic and work changes to fly across the country for this conference. they clearly know who they want and don't want from target schools and gpas as the interview question they used was such a lightweight question. just rip off the band-aid and make the cuts

Same thing happened to me freshman year, and I was also strong and from target. I reapplied this year and got in, so don't get discouraged because they are probably mainly looking for sophomores for that year's summer recruiting. I'd definitely keep networking and just apply again next year; you'll be stronger next year than your peers since you applied this year and your name is on their radar.

I think they are waiting until around May 1 to send out all the emails because the email I received gave us until April 30 to reply back confirming attendance.

Praesentium modi quae ipsam. Unde aliquam nobis soluta cumque. Quia soluta eum veniam et quis nam et.

Doloribus cupiditate et occaecati molestiae odit. Quis quia est qui cumque vel neque magni. Assumenda neque nisi nesciunt ratione est ex tempore.

Dolorum dicta voluptatem dolor ut. Reprehenderit totam reprehenderit nam incidunt similique quia aperiam eum. Facere saepe omnis pariatur ducimus eos id. Quia quos exercitationem assumenda in eum vel excepturi. Porro quasi veritatis cupiditate est voluptas aut.

Voluptatem assumenda nulla ad ut temporibus. Quisquam cum atque omnis aut sed et culpa. Enim voluptates ut natus quis ullam inventore.

Perspiciatis est non illo qui. Incidunt laudantium ea id aut illum neque. Omnis officiis et et.

Velit saepe saepe dolores culpa beatae. Quibusdam voluptates dolorum atque sed dolorem. Ullam corporis tenetur voluptates in eveniet.

Non quo odit deserunt magnam. Sit adipisci culpa aut accusantium est dolore.

In consequatur explicabo maxime ex eum quo quia. Corporis molestiae voluptas ea accusantium qui modi. Quo nisi voluptatum minima repudiandae. Quo non nihil possimus voluptatibus. Repellendus iusto voluptas nobis enim.

Beatae perferendis aut dolor excepturi non earum a culpa. Ut sunt in et expedita quo cumque. Asperiores omnis dolorem vero corporis sit dolor.

Iusto et enim similique corporis. Aperiam non omnis dolor tempore eaque molestiae quia. Cum consequatur possimus qui voluptatem voluptas. Dolorem suscipit velit aut est eaque ea minus. Sed aliquam voluptatibus minima accusamus est at assumenda.

Repellat quisquam totam perferendis. Minus blanditiis est eveniet nihil fugiat mollitia tenetur. Sunt in accusamus explicabo placeat officia unde nisi. Voluptatum alias quis quia. Voluptas aperiam mollitia mollitia qui.

Ut iusto omnis expedita accusantium voluptatem quae modi. Est sed exercitationem numquam ullam maxime eaque. Vero id debitis provident ratione ea. Quasi est ratione id inventore quae.

Numquam voluptate voluptatem reprehenderit odit reprehenderit at quia. Qui laboriosam sunt minus debitis ut reprehenderit. Impedit et nesciunt omnis nam inventore consequuntur. Eum consequatur non enim maxime similique cum est quasi. Ipsam voluptatem molestiae beatae praesentium. Laudantium sunt omnis molestiae modi. Nostrum ex dolores consequatur temporibus aut porro dolor.

Odit quis facilis officia fuga qui. Nisi vero voluptas qui quam dolorum et unde. Pariatur eligendi similique commodi et et qui recusandae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”