JPMorgan 2020 Proud To Be Thread

Hey all, I see threads for earlier years of this but none for 2020 so I figured I'd get it started.
Anyone have prior experience able to tell us what to expect? Where is everyone currently at with their applications? Who are you and what does your application look like? Anyone who maybe has applied and got rejected with friendly advice about what you did differently? What do we all think about the Pymetrics system?

I'll get things started. Currently a Junior attending Summer courses so I'll be completing my final semester the Fall after the internship.
Applied Associates of Arts and Sciences (AAAS) in Business from a CC, currently a 3.7 at Pace NYC in their Finance BBA program. Applied to the IB, MM Banking and Specialized Industries, and Chase Leadership Development programs. Pymetrics was interesting to see, I definitely saved my results to look over for later reference. From a managerial standpoint (my current job), I appreciated that it was a one-time thing despite applying to 3 different programs.

"In order to make a man covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain." ― Dan Ariely

I got an email almost immediately about Pymetrics. Like, within 10 minutes immediately. I've also applied to them before though, so maybe just submitting an application pushed me through since I qualified for the 2nd or 3rd step after applying last time.

"In order to make a man covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain." ― Dan Ariely

Update:
I submitted my Pymetrics thing June 16th. I applied to three (3) different programs. I got a HireVue request for the first program (Investment Banking) June 26th after-hours and submitted my videos June 28th in the morning. I also got a second HireVue request, this time for the Chase Leadership Development Program, on July 5th. I submitted that video July 6th.

Mine also says Application Reviewed for the Proud to Be application. For my 3 divisions, 2 say Under Consideration (got a hirevue for both of these), but my third says application recieved (not reviewed) and I never got a hirevue for this one. I submitted all my stuff in mid June.

At the bottom of the info page for the application it says people will hear back within 4 weeks of the application closing, which with the close date of June 30 would make that this Sunday, so if they stick with the 4 week deadline I imagine we’ll hear back this week (as I doubt they do that stuff over weekends).

Still have not heard anything. The posting says "You will receive an email notification about your application status within four weeks of the application deadline." Perhaps that means we may here tomorrow (exactly 4 weeks since June 30), or maybe that deadline was just a random thing that they aren't following strictly. It says we should hear about our status which sounds like we will be notified regardless of whether it is a good or bad result.

So as of just now I still show as "Under Consideration" for my 3 department apps ("IB" as of July 19, Leadership Development as of July 7, and "Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries" as of July 10). My "Proud To Be" application stills says "Application Reviewed".

Does anyone know the order in which they send out offers? Rolling basis, last name, etc? I believe it's rolling basis but I want to see if anyone's definite on that.

Also, do they send out rejections/update the career page with rejections at the same time? Or does everyone chosen get an offer and after those are done they just send out a reply-all type update?

Anyone else still just say "Under Consideration"???? Starting to freak out here. Should I bank on not having been picked?

My interviewers told me I’ll be getting the news today — I’m assuming it’s good news

Most Helpful

which division were you referring to and did they say if they would call ppl who got it today/this week and who didnt get it next week? thanks!

Ut alias explicabo deleniti quidem sint. Sed sapiente ut aperiam voluptatem minus rerum atque. Tempora sed dolore error. Rerum nostrum eligendi quia et molestiae sed ullam.

Qui corrupti temporibus consectetur dolor rerum quis. Praesentium itaque dolore ea qui. Molestias totam quos sunt amet est maiores consequatur. Maxime culpa beatae non. Quia alias maiores sunt numquam qui.

Occaecati officia labore omnis perspiciatis possimus repellendus. Qui ea quo rerum maxime enim.

Ratione enim cum enim omnis tenetur sed. Voluptatem aut et et harum ea. Atque molestias animi enim ut ut accusamus temporibus. Dicta et voluptas est tempora qui ipsum sunt. Vel repudiandae quo accusamus non ut recusandae laudantium. Id expedita nemo rerum nostrum id necessitatibus aspernatur.

Sit consequatur sunt quasi maiores omnis illo. Eius consequatur libero repudiandae ipsa. Aut consequatur quo est quas officiis et itaque.

Assumenda sint fugit nulla animi maxime. Voluptas quae voluptatem aliquid fuga. Sint et saepe ut dolorem impedit minima deserunt. Sit odio numquam sunt.

Ullam maiores blanditiis voluptatem rem eius corporis. Voluptas qui asperiores itaque. Placeat ea aliquid dolores eos enim quia aut praesentium.

Soluta consequatur cumque quibusdam doloremque et. Odit asperiores necessitatibus impedit maxime. Eius harum vel nemo eius. Qui repellendus non suscipit similique accusamus dolores. Dolor ipsa officiis quae quisquam et illo. Saepe perspiciatis temporibus praesentium omnis. Aspernatur placeat est provident doloremque earum officiis perspiciatis.

Facere eligendi corporis qui rerum qui voluptatem ab. Autem fugit velit ea pariatur aperiam. Voluptas ut est libero deserunt nobis non impedit. Sed consequuntur ad quisquam. Eum hic dolore inventore esse tenetur repellat distinctio atque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”