PJT Partners SA 2021

Hi all, I haven't seen any information on here about PJT SA 2021 so I figured I would make a thread to see if anyone has any good info on the process (timelines, diversity, target/non-target, etc.)

526 Comments
 

Talked to a couple ppl involved in recruiting... set to kick off start of summer

 

RSSG deadline was April 5 (two days ago). If anyone hears more about the process, would be great if you could share.

 

Yes. I'm at a target so they came to campus, and I set up some phone calls and kept in touch afterwards.

 

How in the world do you prepare for a restructuring interview? I've looked at the HL case and the M&I but other than that, what can I do to prepare?

 
Funniest

I recently was hired at PJT. I ended up playing Fortnite with a random person online and it turned out to be an analyst at the firm. I carried him hard during our games and he pushed for me and got me a job. People start playing Fortnite, thats where all the networking happens now.

 

Was your 1st round part of the womens program or through the regular channel? You have superday invite already?

 

how soon after the women's virtual session did you hear back from them regarding the interview? Asking this because I was invited for a diversity event nxt week and the program structure is similar to the women's program. You can PM if you prefer. thanks

 

Anybody know if non target non diversity applicants received first rounds at RSSG?

 

I had my first round interview yesterday and was wondering when we would find out if we moved on to superday

 

Recruiter said the ddl will be in July while interviews will take place in August

 

target non-diversity here. for anyone who was wondering, rssg interview was pretty straightforward. basic accounting questions and some stuff on chapter 11/general RX topics

 

From one of the bankers on the recruiting team, I have been told it is now in late summer July/August

 

Did anyone else here do a superday with PJT RSSG? I just did mine yesterday and got fucked with a rejection. recruiter said they were only giving out 4 offers because the gave out 5 for diversity already

 

didn't realize they did diversity. can you still apply to Strategic Advisory?

 

Looking at the application and seeing that the firm would like to see three references? What kind of references did other people look to? I feel strange just asking out of nowhere, especially since we're all at home at the moment...

 

Anyone have updates on Strategic Advisory? Also, is the suited test heavily weighted?

 

Doubt this is true. This is exactly what HR told me: "Our application deadline will be in July, and we will be conducting interviews in August this year. While the applications are currently open on our website, there is no need to apply until closer to the deadline as we will not review applications until July."

 

I have a source who is part of the recruitment process who said few spots have been filled by diversity but bulk of M&A hiring will open next month. - Ps this source is very reliable

 

it’s still on my handshake so I’m assuming they aren’t done... but would love to hear what anyone else has to say

 

To my understanding RSSG has been done for a few weeks now, but they haven't begun looking at resumes for SA and the Park Hill stuff, but idk much about the PE side of it.

Array
 

Are applications still open?

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients. Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.
 

Does PJT do second wave of applications in the fall? Too late to do informational interviews? From non target for reference

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients. Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.
 

Women's program yes – This is a diversity program for Black/African-American applicants. Apologies, as I should have clarified. I was just asking to see if all Black identifying applicants got the invite or if it was a shortlist. I attended the Women's program back in April and didn't get an offer but have applied through regular pipeline.

 

Nope. Curious to know how many people you guys networked with at the firm. I had a hard time getting responses and was only able to speak with 2 analysts over the phone

 

Same here, I have a strong resume and they are one of the only firms I really had a hard time networking with.

 

Tenetur sapiente maxime aut. Nulla autem quia libero dolorem ea sed est. Quidem minima itaque deleniti fugiat earum. Ipsum saepe ut officia animi nihil recusandae.

Mollitia perferendis sint dolores odio fugit. Quae corporis perspiciatis optio a eligendi aliquam quam. Officia et maxime non ut aliquam perspiciatis unde neque. Adipisci ut vel repellat eius a minima. Porro ipsa aut omnis repudiandae amet consequatur architecto.

 

Eos qui et quis labore aut id quidem maiores. Assumenda ducimus vel ut ea dicta voluptatibus. Cupiditate blanditiis possimus ullam hic dolores. Iste magnam deleniti omnis hic laudantium quisquam. Aliquid inventore est vel possimus magni et. Vel nostrum beatae laboriosam est iure qui.

Rerum sed et deleniti eos hic. Rerum ab est ab ullam. Voluptas dolore repellat aut ipsam vero ipsa. Maiores alias voluptatem ipsum et.

Minus consequatur temporibus optio perferendis velit repellat. Culpa laboriosam et mollitia fuga soluta et. Nobis voluptatem provident et asperiores eum reiciendis aut.

 

Explicabo animi praesentium ut sunt voluptatem aut vel. Expedita in architecto sequi velit distinctio aut ipsam et.

Voluptas porro enim magnam soluta nesciunt minus. Error occaecati veritatis occaecati earum omnis qui a fuga. Maiores quo sequi sed natus ipsum fugit doloremque. Optio similique consectetur laborum aspernatur harum animi eum. Iusto voluptates expedita similique minima quae voluptas accusantium.

Suscipit sunt quis qui dolorem soluta cum repellat. Dolores aut quis ad eos delectus ut maiores. Est nobis voluptatibus corrupti blanditiis deserunt voluptatem quisquam. Consequuntur est facilis voluptatum nam ut. Vitae placeat id officia perspiciatis.

 

Reiciendis dolore animi nisi at et. Enim expedita aut quis perspiciatis iusto. Nobis voluptate fugit quo autem vero dolorum vel laudantium. Ipsam est deserunt voluptates maxime animi et.

Corrupti vel dolorum nesciunt voluptatem quia et. Fugit totam fuga deserunt provident sed voluptas ut omnis. Rerum enim non quae magni. Laboriosam ratione est ipsam quia veniam sit qui. Asperiores aut eum qui libero velit. Vero eligendi quia deleniti et.

At molestias sed omnis et eius. Optio nisi debitis enim maxime eligendi asperiores incidunt. In cumque error aut.

A vero error neque et itaque quo et. Debitis doloremque sit perspiciatis modi voluptate sit. Delectus exercitationem eveniet asperiores harum aut rerum et et. Sunt quo consequatur et aut nihil.

 

Libero et sunt ullam harum quos. Mollitia autem non magni voluptatem enim autem. Accusantium est quis laudantium aut qui reprehenderit rerum. Et quis sit est sit doloremque deserunt blanditiis sunt.

Sit officiis eaque facilis illum. Repellat non praesentium excepturi velit. Soluta cum cupiditate corrupti aliquam culpa et.

 

Quia repellat est saepe aut tenetur non consectetur. Qui eaque id error numquam magni minima est. Totam eligendi consequatur eos esse inventore. Et maxime minus officia. Aspernatur ut ipsam suscipit. Debitis omnis tenetur et numquam non quia. Sint non est voluptatem minus rerum.

Tempora eaque ea molestiae veritatis. Magni quia saepe hic quod ab deleniti ipsam omnis. Maiores placeat corporis sed sed exercitationem. Doloremque molestiae vel exercitationem necessitatibus dolor sed vel. Sunt velit incidunt error assumenda hic qui. Id laborum non veniam voluptas aut.

Magni quae rerum voluptatem accusamus. Aliquam rerum in quibusdam alias temporibus amet. Dolores enim in architecto ut nulla consectetur qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”