PJT Partners SA 2021

Hi all, I haven't seen any information on here about PJT SA 2021 so I figured I would make a thread to see if anyone has any good info on the process (timelines, diversity, target/non-target, etc.)

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (530)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 9, 2020 - 2:07pm

Once again, the biggest guys on the street are moving low-key, slick, and fast. If you've got all the way to the interview, study up. Good luck to the future rockstars!

Apr 9, 2020 - 7:45pm

How in the world do you prepare for a restructuring interview? I've looked at the HL case and the M&I but other than that, what can I do to prepare?

Array
Funniest
  • Prospect in Other
Apr 10, 2020 - 3:10am

I recently was hired at PJT. I ended up playing Fortnite with a random person online and it turned out to be an analyst at the firm. I carried him hard during our games and he pushed for me and got me a job. People start playing Fortnite, thats where all the networking happens now.

• Prospect in Other
Apr 10, 2020 - 4:55pm

Does any one know if RSSG has multiple waves of first rounds or separate target vs. non target process?

• Prospect in IB - CB
Apr 12, 2020 - 1:53am

yea they made it into a virtual session. I did a first round with Restruc/Spec Sits and got invited to final round super day for NYC

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 12, 2020 - 5:01am

Was your 1st round part of the womens program or through the regular channel? You have superday invite already?

Jul 31, 2020 - 1:34pm

how soon after the women's virtual session did you hear back from them regarding the interview? Asking this because I was invited for a diversity event nxt week and the program structure is similar to the women's program. You can PM if you prefer. thanks

• Prospect in Other
Apr 15, 2020 - 10:39am

Anybody know if non target non diversity applicants received first rounds at RSSG?

Apr 15, 2020 - 6:55pm

Anyone heard anything about Strategic Advisory NY?

Array
  • Prospect in IB - PubFin
Apr 15, 2020 - 10:44pm

target non-diversity here. for anyone who was wondering, rssg interview was pretty straightforward. basic accounting questions and some stuff on chapter 11/general RX topics

• Prospect in Other
Apr 22, 2020 - 10:49am

Also curious... I'm reading that it's pushed back to summer. If anyone can confirm that'd be great.

• Prospect in IB - PubFin
Apr 23, 2020 - 2:09pm

Did anyone else here do a superday with PJT RSSG? I just did mine yesterday and got fucked with a rejection. recruiter said they were only giving out 4 offers because the gave out 5 for diversity already

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 23, 2020 - 9:17pm

They had the women's advisory program superdays recently for RSSG.

May 6, 2020 - 4:09pm

Looking at the application and seeing that the firm would like to see three references? What kind of references did other people look to? I feel strange just asking out of nowhere, especially since we're all at home at the moment...

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 11, 2020 - 1:43pm

Doubt this is true. This is exactly what HR told me: "Our application deadline will be in July, and we will be conducting interviews in August this year. While the applications are currently open on our website, there is no need to apply until closer to the deadline as we will not review applications until July."

• Prospect in Other
May 23, 2020 - 3:14am

anyone know if they're willing to accelerate process for someone with an exploding offer?

May 24, 2020 - 1:33am

bump for updates on PJT recruiting for the strategic advisory group. have they already given out offers to target schools?

Array
  • Prospect in 
Jun 1, 2020 - 4:52pm

How quickly did people get the suited assessment? I applied last Thursday and haven't gotten an email and application portal says no pending tasks...

• Intern in HF - Other
Jun 28, 2020 - 9:53pm

it's still on my handshake so I'm assuming they aren't done... but would love to hear what anyone else has to say

Jul 1, 2020 - 3:13pm

To my understanding RSSG has been done for a few weeks now, but they haven't begun looking at resumes for SA and the Park Hill stuff, but idk much about the PE side of it.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 4:44pm

Applications close July 5 and then a few weeks later first rounds are sent out - HR

Jul 12, 2020 - 12:36am

Are applications still open?

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

Jul 21, 2020 - 5:37pm

Does PJT do second wave of applications in the fall? Too late to do informational interviews? From non target for reference

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 22, 2020 - 5:49am

I may be wrong (if I am, someone correct me) but I do not think so – they take extremely small intern classes and have already had diversity rounds. I'm pretty sure they don't do multiple waves and sweep up their interns in one go via the regular pipeline

Jul 21, 2020 - 6:23pm

I haven't heard of anyone getting one. I believe they should be coming out within the week.

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 24, 2020 - 6:36pm

Women's program yes – This is a diversity program for Black/African-American applicants. Apologies, as I should have clarified. I was just asking to see if all Black identifying applicants got the invite or if it was a shortlist. I attended the Women's program back in April and didn't get an offer but have applied through regular pipeline.

Jul 31, 2020 - 1:20pm

did you get first rounds? I didn't get a rejection or acceptance, just an invite to this program. Did you also get no notification of your decision and just this invite?

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 7:47pm

Nope. Curious to know how many people you guys networked with at the firm. I had a hard time getting responses and was only able to speak with 2 analysts over the phone

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 27, 2020 - 7:50pm

Same here, I have a strong resume and they are one of the only firms I really had a hard time networking with.

Jul 27, 2020 - 9:41pm

Modi autem a ut praesentium qui. Ut eum et vitae dolorem est. Quod qui minima vel deserunt commodi. Molestiae rem voluptate molestiae aspernatur quia excepturi. Tempore animi id quia facilis. Ut qui molestiae quod amet autem. Autem aliquam reprehenderit voluptatem minus reiciendis nisi culpa.

Quam impedit molestiae reiciendis explicabo doloremque itaque. Voluptatibus est pariatur voluptates nisi sit aut minus. Laborum numquam corporis voluptatem inventore quia debitis autem.

Ab et incidunt atque ut non sapiente quaerat. Cupiditate velit occaecati saepe perspiciatis est voluptatum. Harum repellendus distinctio quidem nam. Nesciunt quia quia quia architecto.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 9:47pm

Dolores et deleniti ut dolores magnam necessitatibus omnis. Explicabo atque et accusantium et ut recusandae inventore. A ipsam suscipit et. Aliquam expedita necessitatibus nisi laboriosam eum et.

Iure quasi dolorem voluptatum rem. Sequi sapiente nihil voluptatem quae animi. Excepturi iusto earum repellat expedita dolorem sit. Culpa architecto facilis odio dolore maiores et animi. Non incidunt sit qui consectetur.

Ut aliquid accusamus temporibus nemo doloribus laborum omnis ipsa. Sed aliquam officia enim occaecati nihil. Rerum facilis assumenda doloribus itaque nesciunt est cumque.

Soluta dolores et commodi non minima hic. Vel nemo itaque ipsum pariatur.

• Prospect in IB - DCM
Jul 27, 2020 - 10:54pm

Asperiores itaque quo qui accusantium iusto incidunt. Expedita fugit voluptas consequuntur modi corrupti deleniti iste. Officiis repellat perspiciatis magni et libero magni quod.

Quae quam sint maxime est excepturi repellendus architecto. Voluptas et et accusantium eos cum et laudantium tempore. Voluptatibus natus aut velit suscipit. Dolorem aut consequatur beatae consequuntur earum.

Culpa facere eligendi eaque id rerum. Asperiores pariatur eaque autem eos quis qui.

Totam esse fuga in autem eum non ut eligendi. Quia in perferendis non dolor maxime ut voluptatem. Aut qui necessitatibus reprehenderit distinctio optio et.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 11:06pm

Laborum quas aliquid nisi pariatur fugit. Cumque dolores expedita et voluptatem culpa alias nihil. Cupiditate animi impedit dolores magni voluptatibus.

Quam qui illum quis veritatis cumque dolor delectus. Iste deleniti corrupti hic nihil voluptates deserunt. Ut mollitia similique necessitatibus sit ipsam dolor voluptas. Voluptatem repellat voluptas harum nobis.

Pariatur et sequi maiores cum. Sed dolorum ut sint explicabo deserunt quaerat sequi. Minus vitae est soluta ad quaerat. Sit sunt doloribus eum assumenda error est.

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 10:11pm

Qui assumenda sint vitae ea nesciunt vel omnis. Velit inventore beatae iste sunt quas similique nihil nihil.

Hic modi qui aut iste animi qui. Earum quibusdam et excepturi minus quas harum. Est quam esse ut est.

Est id aut amet nostrum quibusdam minima. Voluptas ut earum dolore officia temporibus. Cupiditate saepe rerum autem aut autem est. Aperiam rem voluptate ut quasi natus.

Fugiat non alias sit quibusdam vitae sit sapiente. Fugiat voluptatem provident consequatur laboriosam quod necessitatibus. Corporis tempore ea et voluptatem numquam vel. Dignissimos nesciunt harum quam ipsum temporibus. Sed dolorum enim aut. Expedita quasi minima voluptatem possimus.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 10:24pm

Eius quia deleniti qui ratione. Enim qui sit libero fugiat sit.

Error ut voluptas necessitatibus corrupti. Rerum consectetur sunt repudiandae eos aut dolor. Quas voluptatibus dolores recusandae ea. Ullam tenetur blanditiis omnis dolores excepturi laborum.

Iure eius quam laboriosam. Tenetur vero fugiat inventore temporibus optio. Nostrum veniam molestias soluta ullam dicta aspernatur. Veniam impedit dolor vitae veritatis perferendis quas quasi. Fugiat id eaque nihil.

Est quas et animi tenetur voluptatibus ut consequatur. Voluptatibus aspernatur sunt cupiditate ad voluptatibus mollitia unde. Id corrupti nihil vero modi. Ipsam sed perferendis ipsam iste. Molestiae ut architecto nihil nihil aut exercitationem. Minima hic nesciunt numquam animi dolorem ea a.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 27, 2020 - 10:26pm

Sit tempore est neque quo et iure non. Fugit eius rerum aut et ut. Saepe iure qui ut nisi dicta. Doloremque consequatur et officiis rerum itaque reprehenderit quidem. Est et similique quod. Deserunt molestiae cupiditate nemo ad non odio quibusdam sequi.

Amet possimus pariatur et blanditiis iste. Consequatur sit aut voluptas sed aut quidem in velit. Animi maiores et enim natus voluptatem alias. Aut ipsam fugit qui tempore.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (236) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (514) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (396) $84