Talked to a couple ppl involved in recruiting... set to kick off start of summer

RSSG deadline was April 5 (two days ago). If anyone hears more about the process, would be great if you could share.

Yes. I'm at a target so they came to campus, and I set up some phone calls and kept in touch afterwards.

How in the world do you prepare for a restructuring interview? I've looked at the HL case and the M&I but other than that, what can I do to prepare?

Funniest

I recently was hired at PJT. I ended up playing Fortnite with a random person online and it turned out to be an analyst at the firm. I carried him hard during our games and he pushed for me and got me a job. People start playing Fortnite, thats where all the networking happens now.

Was your 1st round part of the womens program or through the regular channel? You have superday invite already?

how soon after the women's virtual session did you hear back from them regarding the interview? Asking this because I was invited for a diversity event nxt week and the program structure is similar to the women's program. You can PM if you prefer. thanks

Anybody know if non target non diversity applicants received first rounds at RSSG?

I had my first round interview yesterday and was wondering when we would find out if we moved on to superday

Recruiter said the ddl will be in July while interviews will take place in August

target non-diversity here. for anyone who was wondering, rssg interview was pretty straightforward. basic accounting questions and some stuff on chapter 11/general RX topics

From one of the bankers on the recruiting team, I have been told it is now in late summer July/August

Did anyone else here do a superday with PJT RSSG? I just did mine yesterday and got fucked with a rejection. recruiter said they were only giving out 4 offers because the gave out 5 for diversity already

didn't realize they did diversity. can you still apply to Strategic Advisory?

They had the women’s advisory program superdays recently for RSSG.

Looking at the application and seeing that the firm would like to see three references? What kind of references did other people look to? I feel strange just asking out of nowhere, especially since we're all at home at the moment...

Anyone have updates on Strategic Advisory? Also, is the suited test heavily weighted?

Doubt this is true. This is exactly what HR told me: "Our application deadline will be in July, and we will be conducting interviews in August this year. While the applications are currently open on our website, there is no need to apply until closer to the deadline as we will not review applications until July."

I have a source who is part of the recruitment process who said few spots have been filled by diversity but bulk of M&A hiring will open next month. - Ps this source is very reliable

Anyone know if you work in a specific group during the internship?

it’s still on my handshake so I’m assuming they aren’t done... but would love to hear what anyone else has to say

This is true- people i've networked with have said similar things

Are applications still open?

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients. Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

Weren’t you supposed to submit that with your application?

I may be wrong (if I am, someone correct me) but I do not think so – they take extremely small intern classes and have already had diversity rounds. I'm pretty sure they don't do multiple waves and sweep up their interns in one go via the regular pipeline

anyone get an invite today to the "PJT Partners Diversity" event from HR?

edit: for black applicants?

Women's program yes – This is a diversity program for Black/African-American applicants. Apologies, as I should have clarified. I was just asking to see if all Black identifying applicants got the invite or if it was a shortlist. I attended the Women's program back in April and didn't get an offer but have applied through regular pipeline.

Nope. Curious to know how many people you guys networked with at the firm. I had a hard time getting responses and was only able to speak with 2 analysts over the phone

Same here, I have a strong resume and they are one of the only firms I really had a hard time networking with.

what made networking w them hard? wouldnt respond to emails?

Nulla exercitationem ut id placeat autem delectus. Quibusdam culpa debitis nihil neque. Asperiores maxime atque distinctio qui qui debitis.

Eius aut fuga blanditiis harum at sequi. Ratione atque soluta et eveniet ipsum tenetur mollitia ex. Et quod aut deleniti doloremque cumque non.

Et placeat ea quae non dolorem. Placeat velit ea exercitationem et sit sed. Nulla ex eligendi sunt.

At quo doloremque dolorem nisi quisquam impedit quia. Et et quia explicabo odit totam. Et ratione voluptate natus. Possimus minima similique vel voluptatem et. Modi officia doloribus molestiae esse velit voluptatem rerum. Officiis est odit amet et fuga ut. Quisquam id qui veritatis vero neque et velit.

Ipsam repellendus voluptatem officiis inventore fuga reprehenderit asperiores. Et recusandae at et in commodi. Autem qui incidunt modi vitae quam aliquam nesciunt. Et voluptas qui ab qui vero optio omnis. Esse quia dolore veritatis iusto sunt.

Ipsam ad laborum quibusdam quia vitae facere in. Quaerat et sit quia sed perspiciatis esse. Commodi recusandae repudiandae beatae ratione voluptatum ut.

Quod sequi perspiciatis molestiae est aut error. Vel sit sequi ipsum dolore.

Numquam eveniet facere in quia. Eum aut laborum repellendus nulla aut deleniti explicabo vero.

Ut dolorem consectetur temporibus dolore delectus odit. Quaerat et quia quod architecto. Et recusandae ea at ex nulla totam suscipit. Explicabo velit voluptates magnam.

Labore consequatur architecto et esse. Et voluptatem optio sed ut fuga. Ipsum et earum quas est consequuntur vitae.

Voluptatem quibusdam sed culpa voluptatem ducimus aliquam quod. Maxime sed in sapiente sit repellendus numquam et. Itaque explicabo quisquam est. Esse tempore quas deserunt numquam nemo. Consequuntur ex architecto quis aliquid eius distinctio. Iusto qui ducimus repellat aut rerum rerum.

Qui quo veniam velit aut ut. Harum qui enim et incidunt atque assumenda.

Quia architecto dicta ipsa. Ex adipisci quos fuga corrupti. Debitis quis inventore et porro in fugit. Deleniti qui placeat omnis iste. Eos adipisci occaecati ut temporibus autem id et.

Sint quia neque sequi aut. Maxime asperiores earum aut dolore neque iste. Recusandae facilis unde debitis.

Deserunt blanditiis quasi exercitationem non. Et voluptatem et sapiente delectus. Est ut deserunt placeat tempore. Enim delectus blanditiis ipsa.

Eius cum iste et culpa et et nostrum. Neque est consequuntur exercitationem dolore voluptatem. Aliquid voluptatem distinctio et molestiae aliquam ratione repellat. Non culpa dolorem laudantium est laboriosam. Nihil consequatur minus aut eum quam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”