PJT Partners SA 2021

Hi all, I haven't seen any information on here about PJT SA 2021 so I figured I would make a thread to see if anyone has any good info on the process (timelines, diversity, target/non-target, etc.)

Comments (530)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 9, 2020 - 2:03pm

Got 1st round invite for RSSG as well. Let's keep each other posted.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 9, 2020 - 3:39pm

Yes. I'm at a target so they came to campus, and I set up some phone calls and kept in touch afterwards.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 9, 2020 - 2:07pm

Once again, the biggest guys on the street are moving low-key, slick, and fast. If you've got all the way to the interview, study up. Good luck to the future rockstars!

Apr 9, 2020 - 7:45pm

How in the world do you prepare for a restructuring interview? I've looked at the HL case and the M&I but other than that, what can I do to prepare?

Array

Funniest
  • Prospect in Other
Apr 10, 2020 - 3:10am

I recently was hired at PJT. I ended up playing Fortnite with a random person online and it turned out to be an analyst at the firm. I carried him hard during our games and he pushed for me and got me a job. People start playing Fortnite, thats where all the networking happens now.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 10, 2020 - 4:26pm

Has anyone gotten a response confirming their RSSG 1st round yet? I'm still waiting to get the interview date confirmed.

• Prospect in Other
Apr 10, 2020 - 4:55pm

Does any one know if RSSG has multiple waves of first rounds or separate target vs. non target process?

• Prospect in IB - CB
Apr 12, 2020 - 1:53am

yea they made it into a virtual session. I did a first round with Restruc/Spec Sits and got invited to final round super day for NYC

Jul 31, 2020 - 1:34pm

how soon after the women's virtual session did you hear back from them regarding the interview? Asking this because I was invited for a diversity event nxt week and the program structure is similar to the women's program. You can PM if you prefer. thanks

Apr 15, 2020 - 6:55pm

Anyone heard anything about Strategic Advisory NY?

Array

Apr 15, 2020 - 10:42pm

they said strategic advisory isn't interviewing till June/July

Array

• Prospect in IB - PubFin
Apr 15, 2020 - 10:44pm

target non-diversity here. for anyone who was wondering, rssg interview was pretty straightforward. basic accounting questions and some stuff on chapter 11/general RX topics

• Prospect in Other
Apr 22, 2020 - 10:49am

Also curious... I'm reading that it's pushed back to summer. If anyone can confirm that'd be great.

• Prospect in IB - PubFin
Apr 23, 2020 - 2:09pm

Did anyone else here do a superday with PJT RSSG? I just did mine yesterday and got fucked with a rejection. recruiter said they were only giving out 4 offers because the gave out 5 for diversity already

• Prospect in IB - CB
Apr 23, 2020 - 7:01pm

didn't realize they did diversity. can you still apply to Strategic Advisory?

May 6, 2020 - 4:09pm

Looking at the application and seeing that the firm would like to see three references? What kind of references did other people look to? I feel strange just asking out of nowhere, especially since we're all at home at the moment...

• Prospect in IB - CB
May 10, 2020 - 4:36pm

Emailed my boss from last years internship 3 times, he still hasnt replied which is great

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 8, 2020 - 10:46pm

Anyone have updates on Strategic Advisory?
Also, is the suited test heavily weighted?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 11, 2020 - 2:06pm

Non-target. He might be bsing me because I didn't believe him but just wanted to see if other people had gotten confirmation too.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 11, 2020 - 1:43pm

Doubt this is true. This is exactly what HR told me: "Our application deadline will be in July, and we will be conducting interviews in August this year. While the applications are currently open on our website, there is no need to apply until closer to the deadline as we will not review applications until July."

• Prospect in Other
May 23, 2020 - 3:14am

anyone know if they're willing to accelerate process for someone with an exploding offer?

May 24, 2020 - 1:33am

bump for updates on PJT recruiting for the strategic advisory group. have they already given out offers to target schools?

Array

• Prospect in 
Jun 1, 2020 - 4:52pm

How quickly did people get the suited assessment? I applied last Thursday and haven't gotten an email and application portal says no pending tasks...

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 19, 2020 - 11:21am

Anyone else get an informational call (apart from @Rohil_B123 's friend?

• Prospect in Other
Jun 23, 2020 - 4:21pm

Anyone know if you work in a specific group during the internship?

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 3:07pm

Has anyone heard anything about first rounds for Strategic Advisory?

Jul 1, 2020 - 3:13pm

To my understanding RSSG has been done for a few weeks now, but they haven't begun looking at resumes for SA and the Park Hill stuff, but idk much about the PE side of it.

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 10, 2020 - 7:27pm

Did anyone else get an email today that said "you should expect to hear from us by the end of this month"?

Jul 12, 2020 - 12:36am

Are applications still open?

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 13, 2020 - 12:43pm

Was told expect first rounds to start "the end of July" so I'm guessing 2 weeks from now

Jul 21, 2020 - 5:37pm

Does PJT do second wave of applications in the fall? Too late to do informational interviews? From non target for reference

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 22, 2020 - 5:49am

I may be wrong (if I am, someone correct me) but I do not think so – they take extremely small intern classes and have already had diversity rounds. I'm pretty sure they don't do multiple waves and sweep up their interns in one go via the regular pipeline

Jul 21, 2020 - 6:23pm

I haven't heard of anyone getting one. I believe they should be coming out within the week.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 24, 2020 - 6:17pm

anyone get an invite today to the "PJT Partners Diversity" event from HR?

edit: for black applicants?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 24, 2020 - 6:36pm

Women's program yes – This is a diversity program for Black/African-American applicants. Apologies, as I should have clarified. I was just asking to see if all Black identifying applicants got the invite or if it was a shortlist. I attended the Women's program back in April and didn't get an offer but have applied through regular pipeline.

Jul 31, 2020 - 1:20pm

did you get first rounds? I didn't get a rejection or acceptance, just an invite to this program. Did you also get no notification of your decision and just this invite?

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 7:31pm

Did anyone hear back from NY Strategic Advisory?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2020 - 7:47pm

Nope. Curious to know how many people you guys networked with at the firm. I had a hard time getting responses and was only able to speak with 2 analysts over the phone

Jul 27, 2020 - 9:52pm

I can relate. It was extremely hard to get in touch with someone there.

Array
Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

IB Sucks. I'm out
+133IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Generalist">Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
IB is not intellectually challenging
+59IBby Intern in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Intern in IB-M&A
VP Lying
+27IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
Janet Yellen - Unrealized Capital Gains Tax. WTF
+27OFFby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Generalist">Analyst 1 in IB - Gen

Total Avg Compensation

January 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (31) $349
  • Associates (141) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (89) $151
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (19) $150
  • Intern/Summer Associate (91) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (351) $132
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (300) $82

Leaderboard See all

LonLonMilk's picture