Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge

Starting a thread for the process starting in Fall of 2021.

Has anyone heard back after filling out the application? (Question asked on 9/4/21). 

2022 Point72 Academy Experienced Program - Worldwide position?
I finished the questionnaire a few days ago.

Yes I got that one too. DO you know what other steps would entail?

I'm applying to the recent grad position in London. Do you guys know if the questionnaire is selective, and how long it takes to hear back after submitting it?

I assume it is at least a bit selective since the email says they've reviewed your profile and receiving the questionnaire is not automatic, although I guess it's more about checking some boxes because there's no instance of someone on WSO who didn't receive it despite applying. We'll see how long it takes to hear back.

Have NOT heard anything yet. When did you get the case study?

[Comment removed by mod team]

It's been a week since the case was due, has anyone heard anything back?

No response yet. From what I've read, if you are successful with the case, there will be a screening interview with HR, then case debrief, then super day. 

I was also rejected. I'm pretty surprised there at least wasn't another round following that, seems like a lot of work without any discussion, doesn't make a lot of sense. Oh well. 

Agreed. Spent a week day and night on the model and the report and did not even get the chance to defend the opinion or got any feedback. Does not make sense. 

Case was due Wednesday, heard back the following Friday, so ~ a week a half

Let’s hope for the best, I submitted it 7 days ago as well! However, I did find the case extremely difficult as I come from a non-finance background, so not feeling confident at all. However the case they sent me did explicitly say NON-FINANCE lol

Sorry to hear that. Would you be able to elaborate on what the case study debrief was like? Was it an understanding/challenge of how we came up with our assumptions?

My process was approximately:

Submit questionnaire > (~1wk) > Received case study with 1wk deadline > Submit case study > (~2wks) > Invite round 1 HR behavioural > Round 1 > (~Couple days) > Invite round 2 case debrief/discussion > Round 2 > (~Couple days) > Rejection.

From my research round 2 is probably followed by a final round. A Superday.

Good luck everyone!

[Comment removed by mod team]

Did anyone apply for the healthcare investment academy? I think I just filled out the questionnaire for it yesterday, but all it said on the email was "investment analyst academy" with no mention of healthcare.

Doloremque placeat nulla excepturi. Ipsam dolor tempore assumenda ut. Molestiae quia nisi est error quod rerum. Numquam pariatur voluptatem tempora exercitationem ipsam praesentium eius. Sit rem quasi ut qui.

Sequi est maxime tenetur nihil iusto. Omnis cupiditate sit earum aliquid. Adipisci omnis sed ea numquam rem neque vero consectetur. Iure est adipisci consequatur porro qui. Natus ullam dolor laudantium beatae commodi corrupti quaerat quas. A nobis corporis hic maiores beatae in aut.

Corporis minus autem aspernatur ab. Suscipit aut occaecati neque ad perspiciatis. Fugit omnis voluptates deleniti dolorem saepe dolores odit quia. Quos reiciendis sunt ea vitae. Similique ipsa in iusto delectus ut eum dicta saepe.

Voluptatibus consequatur maxime quia aliquam voluptatem. Tempora cum qui voluptatem alias fugit. Voluptate ipsa neque id eligendi culpa et quia. Commodi est illo architecto blanditiis qui laudantium ut molestiae. Qui corporis vero animi deserunt illum similique deleniti. Autem consectetur eos ut vel totam earum quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”