Point72 Experienced Academy 2021/2022
Starting a thread for the process starting in Fall of 2021.
Has anyone heard back after filling out the application? (Question asked on 9/4/21).
Starting a thread for the process starting in Fall of 2021.
Has anyone heard back after filling out the application? (Question asked on 9/4/21).
| +79 | What happens if you flame out of HF? | 22 | 15h |
| +52 | When giving reference to a sexist - would you care? | 9 | 19h |
| +30 | Middle-aged breaking into HF? | 11 | 1d |
| +29 | I'm a Pod PM - Ask Me Anything | 12 | 1h |
| +17 | PE to SM HF | 3 | 18h |
| +10 | MSc advice for fixed income / macro HF path | 2 | 3d |
| +9 | Bayesian Bets | 1 | 6d |
| +8 | delete | 3 | 5d |
| +2 | “You gotta love public markets” | 2 | 3d |
| +1 | CD&R vs Carlyle vs Veritas vs Bain vs Apax | 4 | 3h |
Career Resources
2022 Point72 Academy Experienced Program - Worldwide position?
I finished the questionnaire a few days ago.
Yes I got that one too. DO you know what other steps would entail?
No clear idea, I researched it today and the interview process seems to be different from SA’s.
However, case-study seems to be a possibility.
Did you get the questionnaire after sending the application? I just got the standard thank you email.
I'm applying to the recent grad position in London. Do you guys know if the questionnaire is selective, and how long it takes to hear back after submitting it?
Just got it as well, any more info?
I assume it is at least a bit selective since the email says they've reviewed your profile and receiving the questionnaire is not automatic, although I guess it's more about checking some boxes because there's no instance of someone on WSO who didn't receive it despite applying. We'll see how long it takes to hear back.
Mark this thread--I've completed the questionnaire some days ago and let's see when will they respond
I got assigned a case study. 3 statement model and investment write up. Anybody else?
Have NOT heard anything yet. When did you get the case study?
Oops double checked. I am not in the experienced professionals one. Just the graduate one. But I got my case study on monday
Thanks mate. 2023 applicant here - can you please provide more detail on the task? ie is the 3SM a two hour test or a longer more fulsome test (ie multiple days)?
Longer test. You get multiple days to complete and you have to build from scratch
How long did they give you to complete and did they give you a specific company or did you choose your own? About to go through the same test and would love to connect in the DMs.
The questions on questionnaire are all the same for everyone or different?
Anyone apply to the AI/ML position for point72?
And also, who is responsible for the selection of candidate to finish the questionnaire? HR or hiring manager?
Just got the rejection email
Shit, got dinged too
Same here, got rejected lol
Rejected as well
Does anyone know what the pay is on the program?
Anyone hear back after submitting the case study?
When was yours due?
A week ago
How long after submitting the questionnaire did you get the case?
Just submitted my case last night. Not too bad. For those that didn't listen in on the info call the other week the process seems to be: Application -> Questionnaire -> Case -> Case Debrief -> General Interview(s) (Super Day-esq) -> Offer (starting Feb 2022)
Good luck everybody!
Hey, how far did you get?
Hey all, did anyone got a confirmation email that the case was received by compliance? (I did not, hence I am asking...)
Good luck to all.
nope i didnt either
Does anyone know when case debriefs would be? In a couple of days or more like a couple of weeks?
bump
It's been a week since the case was due, has anyone heard anything back?
should have got your case debrief email today
Is this for the experienced academy program?
Just submitted my questionnaire.
Wonder if you've heard back yet? Or does anyone here know how long it took for them to reject or proceed you to next stage? Cheers.
Haven't heard back yet. Also wondering how long it took for people to get their cases after the questionnaire.
No response yet. From what I've read, if you are successful with the case, there will be a screening interview with HR, then case debrief, then super day.
Just got rejected after sending the case. Anyone heard back after submitting the case model and write up?
I was also rejected. I'm pretty surprised there at least wasn't another round following that, seems like a lot of work without any discussion, doesn't make a lot of sense. Oh well.
Agreed. Spent a week day and night on the model and the report and did not even get the chance to defend the opinion or got any feedback. Does not make sense.
Case was due Wednesday, heard back the following Friday, so ~ a week a half
10 days
Sent the questionnaire the 06 October. Waiting for the next step.
Same here
Have you heard anything yet?
Still waiting. I think it's not bad and maybe between the end of the day and monday (included) i will receive the famous invitation for the case study.
Anyone passed the case study?
Any London applicants waiting to hear back from case study?
Yes, same boat here.
Submitted 7 days ago, hanging in the limbo rn.
Worked 30 hours non-stop on the case, as I am currently at another fund working fulltime / 80hrs+ a week.
Let’s hope for the best, I submitted it 7 days ago as well! However, I did find the case extremely difficult as I come from a non-finance background, so not feeling confident at all. However the case they sent me did explicitly say NON-FINANCE lol
Passed case study. Passed recruiter round. Dinged after case debrief.
Disappointed, but glad timing works out for me to be able to accept a PE offer that pays more / is less cut-throat.
Sorry to hear that. Would you be able to elaborate on what the case study debrief was like? Was it an understanding/challenge of how we came up with our assumptions?
Yes
Sorry to hear that.. how was the HR round? Was it pure behavioral?
Also passed case study, but dinged after recruiter interview.
I heard there's 16,000 applicants, so not surprising just based on numbers
Any advice for the recruiter and case debrief rounds? I got my recruiter interview tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
bump
My process was approximately:
Submit questionnaire > (~1wk) > Received case study with 1wk deadline > Submit case study > (~2wks) > Invite round 1 HR behavioural > Round 1 > (~Couple days) > Invite round 2 case debrief/discussion > Round 2 > (~Couple days) > Rejection.
From my research round 2 is probably followed by a final round. A Superday.
Good luck everyone!
Round 2 is final round actually - Wrong information
No there's a superday afterwards, a set of 3 interviews.
Rejection is definitely a possiblity.
Rejection just came in. Not quite sure what the prime issue here was to be frank. No feedback from their end.
Same for me
What questions did the recruiter ask? I would have hoped that this round would be more of a tick the box.
Don't take it too lightly as you can definitely get rejected there (like me). It were fairly basic behavioral questions though: Resume walk-through, accomplishments, feedback you received, work examples, do you invest yourself, etc.
I was quite surprised to pass the case study screen but not the behavioral interview. Good luck!
Submitted questionnaire two weeks ago… haven't heard back yet. I decided to move on…
They must be BACKLOGGED
Got dinged this morning
Anybody still on the process?
My debrief today
How's everything? Did they mention about the process and how long it gonna take for next round?
Well I can tell you they certainly don't want 40 year old lawyers who want to retool to the investment side. Nobody really does though so I can't blame them.
There is nothing to do with the age.
Sure... So I've worked in leveraged finance and distressed credit for 14 years, have worked for two top-10 law firms, and I've also studied fundamental credit analysis and have some financial modeling skills. But you're telling me that they didn't consider my age? I really don't believe that.
Probably the close of program will be Thanksgiving?
Do they need a background check for the program ?
Hey guys, do you have any tips for building the model for the case study? Having a hard time doing it.
They assigned you with a Company then you need to build up the model from scratch?
yes sir
Anyone got Superday invitation?
Anyone have color on the length / structure of de-brief?
Did anyone apply for the healthcare investment academy? I think I just filled out the questionnaire for it yesterday, but all it said on the email was "investment analyst academy" with no mention of healthcare.
Just got dinged post submitting the case, no individual feedback
what's your case study?
Anyone still in processes?
I thought the process is over and I got rejected lol
Pretty sure it’s still going… anyone gotten offers yet?
Qui deleniti dolores ad libero aut. Voluptatem temporibus commodi aut neque. Alias quidem dolores facere consectetur. Velit voluptatem nulla dolor veniam. Debitis illo quo non incidunt sunt aliquam cumque.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Sunt placeat autem enim et magnam optio nostrum perspiciatis. Id magnam odit ratione facilis quia quia molestiae. Ratione vitae quidem ut labore tempora vitae nobis.
Error accusamus cupiditate eos aut maiores non laudantium nihil. Velit doloremque ratione dolores nesciunt. Sint blanditiis numquam ea aut inventore ad. Qui ut voluptas rerum repudiandae.
Vero deserunt impedit quas temporibus. Aut cum veritatis quia dolores autem. Assumenda enim ut molestias autem consequatur. Voluptatibus reiciendis enim officiis nulla commodi. Dolorum laborum esse est eos nihil. Debitis voluptas in voluptas iusto. Non quod ut laborum harum est id vel.
Iure officiis delectus at quam odit id suscipit. Laboriosam corrupti sed incidunt ut facilis pariatur. Sunt cum enim sunt quia.
Doloribus animi veritatis omnis corporis a non. Magnam enim ipsum nihil est reprehenderit.
Rerum et qui eum qui. Nostrum suscipit et qui sint inventore dolor nulla. Saepe molestias doloribus vel aut. Culpa illo labore nam sapiente in perspiciatis. Quasi consequatur deserunt distinctio fugiat autem est.
Neque exercitationem esse hic excepturi aliquid molestiae eius voluptas. Esse aliquid officia iure recusandae sed. Tenetur deserunt nihil quia rerum blanditiis enim in. Cumque omnis voluptates voluptas quia quae voluptatem dolorum.
Natus consequuntur voluptates eos nobis. Eum mollitia ea aliquid placeat quis. Voluptatibus suscipit ipsam unde quod. Placeat recusandae et sunt non quam qui est. Dolorem itaque doloribus error tenetur voluptas consequatur. Autem animi itaque non nobis dolores delectus. Molestias ea vel rerum ut voluptatem voluptas et.
Laboriosam est corrupti vel. Ipsum modi perferendis esse omnis. Laudantium quia dolor excepturi dolorem. Laboriosam tenetur voluptatem quod aut ut sed animi odit. Est quibusdam voluptate illo ut enim enim. Accusamus facilis culpa at pariatur voluptatem est voluptas.
Eos minus saepe nobis quas laudantium. Est facere porro aut at. Nisi eveniet dolor nesciunt quisquam. Voluptas culpa odit excepturi incidunt asperiores quis. Vitae alias totam suscipit quas expedita.
Ipsam culpa voluptates aliquid voluptas. Itaque et voluptates at hic voluptate exercitationem. Impedit natus natus totam et accusamus nam.
Cumque impedit deleniti praesentium. Et nulla vero labore est enim reiciendis. Ut dolores dolores commodi accusantium consequuntur velit facilis.