iwantbain, way too quiet in here. What about these resources:

• 2017 APD/ADC MBB Full Time Recruiting Updates primarily focused towards those APDs/ADCs (PhD/JD/MD) applying for full-time positions to MBB. While MBB ... Hey guys, it's time for the sequel to last year's popular thread. This thread is ... / Semi-Target McK- submitted 7/17, waiting Bain- submitted 7/20, waiting BCG- submitted 7/23, waiting to ...
  • 2018 APD MBB Full Time Recruiting Hi everyone, wanted to get this thread started for updates on the APD recruiting cycle at MBB for ... Tuesday, August 7, 2018- 1:55pm Bain & Company Bain Capital McKinsey and Co Boston Consulting Group ...
  • 2016 APD/ADC MBB Full Time Recruiting Updates first time BCG is recruiting for full time consultants officially in the Spring (heard some office is ... years in school) who are applying for full time positions either earlier this year in the Spring (BCG) ... Hey guys, Thought I'd start another thread for those of us APDs/ADCs (read: spent too many ...
  • VC/IB/or IBM consulting internship for MBB full time? Please help me with my dilemma consulting full time (because consulting is open to diverse experiences), whereas if you do a non-banking ... consider what will give me the most options for full time as well in case MBB doesn't work out. What ... 10/15-ish MBA program, with about 6 years of pre-MBA work in tech. My primary goal is to get into M/B/B ...
  • 2019 APD MBB Full Time (Class of 2020) done ~ 12 cases so far (McKinsey Style). #MBB #consulting#interview ... McKinsey Insight and Bridge to BCG (coming in early February as I have been told by recruiters at both ... Cold Emails?) 7- Non Target Schools Cases 8- Fit Questions And other questions APD candidates might ...
  • Full Time Offer Rate vs. Internship Offer Rate (MBB) Seems like MBB summer internships are much harder to come by than the regular full-time offers ... a full-time offer at BCG and Bain despite the fact that they didn't make it during recruiting for SA. ... in the Fall. Full Time Consulting Offer with No Internship Experience While no statistics exists ...
  • MBB internship junior summer > > Banking Full time? How feasible? an internship after my junior year in MBB and land a FT BB Analyst position if I decide to go the ... banking is, it makes this option even more attractive to me. My question, is how hard would FT recruiting ... consulting route since starting college. I feel that if I decide to play if safe and do banking internship ...
  • More suggestions...

Hope that helps.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

yes, I think it is a new thing that replaces phone screening. They did the same for the bridge to BCG. Expect three questions, they allow you 2 recordings per question (if you screw up the first time you have the option to delete and re-record) and open time to think however each question cannot exceed 3 mins/recording. I remember questions were: What are the three attributes that you would bring to BCG? Describe an adverse situation and how did you overcome it? How your experience helped you hone your communication skills?

I applied to bridge too and have a few questions that were mildly different than these, but similar:

1) What distinctive capabilities do you think you bring to BCG? (2)Describe an instance where you had to overcome an adverse situation - driven either by circumstance or people around you (3) How do you think your field of study/work experience helped you become a better team member?

experienced hire (ADC) here. BCG: 7/12 1st round and 7/26 final round, saw a bunch other ADCs but mostly still in school. anyone knows the turnaround for final round?

I emailed a recruiter yesterday and woke up to a rejection e-mail. I know other people who have interviews set up already so make of that what you think. Sorry :/

Received interview offer today at 3pm. Interview will be held in atlanta office on Aug. 23. This location was my first choice. NERVOUS AND EXCITED! Still waiting for Bain to respond though.

It's strange IMO. I know they didn't guarantee invites, but I'd be curious what their internal reasons are for the AIC program in general. It strikes me as odd that they'd spend time and money on this event and not invite too many people

Have a screener at bcg this week. Should I expect a standard screener or does anyone know if they do anything different?

Haven’t heard from the rest of MBB at this point.

I am 0-3 for the year.

• McKinsey Off-cycle: 1/18 First round (Chicago), 3/22 Second round (Chicago) ->no offer

• BCG: Bridge2BCG Early Interview: 7/19 (Philly)-> No Second round Invite

• Bain: 8/19 First round Webex, 8/26 Second round (Boston)-> no offer

Its rough, trying to figure out how to pick myself up and try again maybe next year. Especially after you feel like you got so close. One thing I can say is when the partner calls and they dont sound excited and the 2nd thing out their mouth isnt congratulations....its like damn no offer.

BCG offered no feedback, which I thought was funny because during Bridge they swore everyone would get feedback, but it is not always true. After I didnt get a same day call from Bain I knew it wasnt a good sign.

The one thing I never really understood if you re-apply, your resume isnt going to look that much different than the last time you applied (you might join a club or something but adding things like new research projects would be a tad challenging given the short timeline).

Hey there,

My advice is to do whatever you need to do to mourn, and then start prepping for next year. There is a significant portion of MBB consultants that got it on the second try, and think about it: next time around you will have another year to prep, polish, and have the intrinscit benefit of already knowing how the whole thing works. I am on my second time around (made it to final rounds last year) and am so much more confident that ultimately this will culminate in an offer. Also, invest in working with a coach. It's pricey but you can't argue with the ROI.

As far as your resume being different, get involved with all things consulting you can. Do case competitions or apply for volunteer consulting projects (the big school consulting clubs normally run these once or twice a year). Go to professional conferences, and better yet volunteer at those conferences. The diversity once like ROMBA and national black are great if you qualify for those networks.

Also, I would recommend waiting more than the minimal 6 months to reapply, because they are off-cycle at that point and hiring much fewer people, increasing the likelihood of rejection. Saw several friends go through this.

Go have some whiskey and shake it off. This is doable. Good luck!

I noticed that you are re-applying this year. How did you convince the firms to consider your application on consecutive years? I heard that they usually advise you to wait 2 years before reapplying. Thanks!

Dinged after McK R1. Hopefully my recommendation can help those still interviewing or going to in the future.

Based on the feedback I received, I recommend that you not only focus on doing math quickly and creating frameworks to fit the case specifically, but also to make sure to practice developing deeper implications after you answer each quant question. They're essentially looking for evidence of great business sense. The interviewer indicated I had to be prompted for the "so what" and that I too quickly jumped to a conclusion when I should have posed the implication as a hypothesis. Whenever you're brainstorming, also make sure to get creative to also show your biz sense. Finally, always make sure you understand the objective of each question and that you are indeed calculating toward that objective.

Best of luck to all those still in the running!

Assumenda est aut quasi maxime. Amet ullam ex ex soluta consequuntur. In et minima rerum saepe eius porro dolores.

Rerum perferendis delectus doloribus sit enim quia. Quia ut sapiente repellendus qui illo. Explicabo facilis sint et omnis molestiae. Fugit nobis aut quo commodi quo dolores fuga.

Ex ut et qui quis cumque ex ad. Officia minima mollitia fugiat consequuntur commodi repudiandae. Nam incidunt ut culpa quidem ea. Est dolorem officiis hic molestiae.

Velit adipisci culpa optio. Similique ea in architecto amet eaque. Consequuntur omnis pariatur neque cupiditate earum. Omnis omnis deserunt aut officiis cumque vel facere. Deserunt vitae corporis omnis laboriosam iste dolorum.

Aliquam deserunt sit quisquam voluptates dignissimos nisi distinctio dicta. Hic sint et eveniet laudantium molestias quisquam illum. Sequi aperiam saepe numquam a blanditiis omnis. Temporibus qui qui omnis at error at et.

Quis quam et illum ipsum tempora. Et in rerum qui repellendus rem. Officia necessitatibus provident aut quia quo facere quas asperiores. Autem officiis iure qui enim.

Odit accusantium aspernatur cupiditate expedita possimus in. Assumenda quia dicta quam nisi velit et. Provident commodi mollitia quaerat illum ad accusamus nemo. Voluptatibus quis aut cupiditate.

Repellendus ut tempora ex similique. Molestiae nesciunt tenetur reiciendis molestiae porro assumenda saepe. Reiciendis asperiores quis natus illo.

Blanditiis beatae mollitia aut consequatur incidunt. Quo dicta dolorum et praesentium assumenda voluptas. Illo consequuntur facilis quod mollitia aut ad expedita velit. Ipsam et ipsum voluptas aut repellat.

Mollitia officia perferendis provident dolor. Nemo praesentium fugiat iste. Magnam facere maxime repudiandae eligendi dolor reiciendis numquam autem. Earum rerum hic quidem. Fuga in et quia iste necessitatibus. Quidem doloremque et voluptate. Sed tempora consequatur repellendus laborum excepturi odit.

Iusto iusto enim in vitae aliquam. Dignissimos quia inventore sunt molestias. Non occaecati similique cupiditate sint distinctio aliquam vel quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”