Point72 2022 Winternship

Hi everyone, I applied to this program and have tried to find information on it on WSO, but have not found anything recent. Has recruiting kicked off? What is their recruiting process? What's the quality of the program? Has anyone on this forum been through it? Would appreciate any insights any of you have. Thanks in advance!

Comments (173)

Oct 15, 2021 - 12:13pm
VanHalenAM, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Bump bump BUMP

Go ahead and JUMP!

Oct 19, 2021 - 8:21am
youioph, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just received an email which asked me to finish a questionaire to be considered for the next round. I am curious what the process is like.

Oct 19, 2021 - 9:30pm
Midwest Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just completed the survey. I wouldn't think the accepted offer would impact it because I'm pretty sure they already hired interns for summer. I also saw they didn't extend an offer to any of their interns last year lmao.

Oct 19, 2021 - 10:42pm
Midwest Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

There's another related chain on the page. From the sounds of it I don't think so. I have almost zero chance anyway so not sweating it lmao.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Oct 19, 2021 - 11:48pm

I am pretty sure the winternship is focused on people who will be applying for FT 2023. I received an email from them a while ago saying the following:

Upon successful completion of this program, participants will have the opportunity to be fast tracked for 2023 full time opportunities.

Oct 27, 2021 - 3:38am

Me too, the same from Holly

Go ahead and JUMP!

Nov 2, 2021 - 4:38pm
gopob, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I also received case one yesterday. How many more cases should we expect? 

GOA
  • Intern in PE - LBOs
Nov 4, 2021 - 3:27pm

Considering the case study is identical to the summer analyst one, my guess is that it would be a phone call to debrief the case with the recruiter, followed by an interview with the PM as the final round

Nov 4, 2021 - 3:10pm

Me too, I believe it will lead to a final round interview

Go ahead and JUMP!

• Prospect in S&T - Equities
Nov 5, 2021 - 9:28pm

Would getting this winter internship lead to a high chance of being placed in the Point72 summer academy next recruiting year?

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Nov 6, 2021 - 3:36pm

I assumed this was for FT recruiting, but if it's not then I would guess that it will help. If you did the first case study that they had sent by mistake, it was the same for SA, so you'll at least be prepared for SA recruiting.

Nov 10, 2021 - 10:41pm
garfieldskater, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone heard anything?

Nov 11, 2021 - 6:44pm
HopefulProspect11, what's your opinion? Comment below:

For those of you who heard back and got moved to the case study, how did you guys answer the laundromat vs parking lot question?

Nov 11, 2021 - 10:51pm
ziyang.guo, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I simply listed a few factors that I think will come into effect (market size, cost, competition, etc) and then I included quite a bit of detail when it comes to revenue project and cost structure analysis. I did a little primary research in NYC as well but that was not intended. Just happened to pass by. 

• Intern in IB - Cov
Nov 12, 2021 - 3:25am

When did you submit your case study?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Nov 12, 2021 - 2:41pm

FYI, the 2nd batch of cases studies got the deadline extended to the 14th, so I'm assuming interviews will be given in batches

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Nov 15, 2021 - 12:04am

How much time did you spend on the case?

Nov 16, 2021 - 5:46pm
goldcatty, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just finished the interview, it was mainly behavioral and the recruiter said that I will hear back for the next step within a week.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Nov 16, 2021 - 10:14pm

Just received the interview invite (I was in the second phase of case study)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Nov 17, 2021 - 1:57am

You mean with the recruiter or case debrief?

• Intern in S&T - Equities
Nov 17, 2021 - 3:22am

Deleted

Nov 17, 2021 - 6:29pm
goldcatty, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just received the next round interview invite with Academy coaches. Anyone else?

Nov 17, 2021 - 11:20pm
m77, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Recieved interview i think around tuesday, headed into it tmrw.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Nov 21, 2021 - 5:08pm

Did you hear back regarding the next step already? I noticed another person received the next round interview the day after the interview with the recruiter.

• Intern in S&T - Equities
Nov 29, 2021 - 7:59pm

Just curious for those who received an offer. What was the final interview like? 

• Research Analyst in HF - Other
Dec 2, 2021 - 6:01pm

By final round, you mean the one with the academy coach right? How long ago did you have yours?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Dec 3, 2021 - 5:01pm

has anyone heard back at all after the final round? nobody I've spoken with has heard anything

Dec 3, 2021 - 5:37pm
mccallan857, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Aut autem tempora distinctio iure. Voluptas est quasi harum dolorum maiores quae impedit. Unde illum consequatur ut sint. Doloremque et voluptatem cumque. Voluptatem pariatur magnam aliquid perspiciatis.

Inventore voluptas aut laborum. Quae dolorem recusandae delectus eum recusandae iusto. Exercitationem est dolor expedita dolore sed sed eligendi.

Repellat facilis perferendis hic omnis quo. Aliquid minus praesentium cupiditate nesciunt. Odio nostrum sit magnam enim. Commodi consectetur quia repudiandae. Et sit soluta excepturi dolorem pariatur laudantium nobis. Architecto fuga nihil est nemo rerum ut consequatur ullam.

Et error facilis reprehenderit autem. Est sed consequatur nihil cum. Quo praesentium et quia suscipit laborum non amet. Velit earum consequatur inventore sunt. Ullam neque est corporis consectetur.

Dec 3, 2021 - 7:14pm
jacksonmontreal, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Rem ipsa quis non vel porro quas placeat. Reiciendis ut eos facere quasi velit culpa incidunt. Qui veniam ipsum et sed. Eius ipsum dolore totam eius est reprehenderit enim.

Fugit cupiditate alias illum reiciendis exercitationem consequatur. Tenetur non nisi asperiores soluta soluta.

Illo non eos occaecati ea unde. Tenetur molestiae earum modi earum. Aut aut hic distinctio ex sed. Explicabo similique possimus ad animi. Non deleniti qui qui non autem labore et. Et et explicabo enim et laudantium eius nam. Non ut delectus repellendus rerum consequatur laboriosam.

Voluptatem nihil itaque dolore. Aperiam nulla occaecati deserunt voluptates velit tempore. Saepe ipsum doloribus ut perferendis est perferendis aliquid. Qui voluptas iure rerum culpa dolorem. Debitis voluptatum voluptatem omnis magni a laboriosam.

• Research Analyst in HF - Other
Dec 4, 2021 - 3:17pm

Facere omnis ad saepe et cum. Eaque est laborum nesciunt. Natus amet fuga a et est. Suscipit ratione molestiae qui pariatur saepe odit quas provident. Atque voluptas sed ratione et minus minima veritatis. Id et quod perferendis.

Tempore architecto necessitatibus sint omnis quod sed vel perferendis. Architecto cum quibusdam iste id nisi. Omnis iste explicabo dolore corrupti molestiae cum fuga. Et temporibus culpa quasi provident occaecati delectus.

Beatae facilis amet sit. Repudiandae est veniam aut ab fugiat molestias voluptate.

• Incoming Analyst in HF - RelVal
Dec 6, 2021 - 1:31pm

Vel nemo qui et. Quisquam blanditiis deserunt quo fugit. Ut exercitationem dolores necessitatibus voluptate rerum. Voluptates quia possimus qui quia omnis.

Perspiciatis aut sed culpa illo. Expedita dolores aliquid illum reprehenderit velit voluptates. In consequuntur aut harum velit. Facilis voluptas sapiente qui esse odio. Quae voluptatem quo praesentium veniam est ut. Ipsum asperiores ut perspiciatis deleniti qui molestiae. Sunt aut et dolor blanditiis quas veritatis expedita. Qui dolores sed praesentium deserunt.

Laudantium odit sequi molestiae minus non delectus. Id excepturi similique vel est et praesentium nemo. Dignissimos quia quos animi. Animi non architecto velit non et.

Dec 6, 2021 - 6:50pm
Hfprospect, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Fugit ullam quasi libero illum a et possimus. Est earum voluptatem nesciunt sed velit aliquam. Molestias commodi optio doloremque distinctio aut voluptatum sit. Doloremque tempore et magnam in impedit. Sed sunt est reiciendis dolorum nobis ea. Omnis maiores temporibus quod illum asperiores delectus et.

Quia omnis aperiam omnis ex velit excepturi molestias. Atque cupiditate modi et sint non sunt eos. Aut quis quae a quidem. Ab ex occaecati quos non consequatur nesciunt. Voluptatem laboriosam molestiae sunt facere veniam a nesciunt voluptatum.

A dolorem quam quod vero nostrum. Id excepturi dolores blanditiis aut sunt. Nobis beatae in nesciunt et quo quod. Possimus et illo quam dicta occaecati. Assumenda est maiores culpa consequatur dolor autem.

Fugiat illum sunt natus dolor voluptas nihil eos. Rem praesentium quis earum quo nostrum fuga dolore velit.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2022 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 96.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.6%
  • Two Sigma Investments 94.5%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2022 Hedge Fund

• D.E. Shaw 98.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 97.8%