Just got the questionnaire a couple of hours ago… submitted last week

What’s the timeline to see if you made it to the next round post the survey monkey questionnaire?

Last Friday hahaha so I kinda feel like my questionnaire answers were pretty bad… given others who submitted prior to me haven’t heard back

Most Helpful

I assume that all those advancing to the case study will do so at the same time. The program begins in June, which leads me to believe that they need to finalize their selection by early May.

Older application cycles seem to have followed this order:

1) Application - Random 

2) Questionnaire - Soon after application

3) Info Call - Early April

4) Case Study - Submit this mid-April

5) HR screening - Probably not a lot of time between this and the case study and debrief

6) Case study debrief - Late April

7) Super Day - Early May 

The dates are my best guess. My logic here is if start date is June 5th, typically a background check takes up to 2 weeks, they need time for logistics and offer letter, and also some time to decide after the Superday. Obviously take this with a grain of salt. 

Yea makes sense… so if you’re still waiting on hearing back from your questionnaire and you’ve submitted a while back you should be in good shape. Goodluck guys!

3SM on a company they assigned… should be fine been doing this for 4 years in ER now, but it is out of my sector

Just got the 3SM.... but haven't had any phone calls yet? Kind of strange to do a long case study having not spoken to anyone there yet.

I would say yes…

40-50 spots vs 16,000+ applicants makes it easy to get lost in the crowd

Vs.

Networking you at least get looked at directly and if you get an interview it’s you vs. idk 10-30 others who also get an interview

it's 40 spots globally (30 US), 21,000 applicants now

Any idea why we only get the SF invite even though we applied for all locations? 

Submitted mine this morning so obviously haven't heard anything.  To my understanding from previous years' threads we most likely won't hear anything for a bit as they start to review our case studies.  Previous structures had an HR call after submitting followed by a case study debrief.  I've seen multiple people disputing whether there's a superday after the case study debrief, but would imagine there is one.

Honestly was very open ended.  You have liberty in what you present.  Definitely took me some time, but took the Easter weekend to pull it all together, have time to step away after, and rework parts where I felt I could've done things better than I had initially.  Apologies for being vague, but don't want to say something I shouldn't.  I think as long as you dedicate the proper amount of time to it and explain your pov in an articulate way I think you should be fine.  I haven't heard anything yet cause I just submitted, but I had to draw a line for myself after a point because at the end of the day they're probably not looking for perfection.  The whole point of the program is for them to teach you the skills and methodologies they employ at the firm.  Just do the best you can, explain your rationale and thought process.  At the end of the day no amount of advice from myself or anyone who's applying and hasn't worked there will do good for you because it's merely the blind leading the blind.  Give the case your best effort, make sure you're getting your points across, don't overdo anything but make sure you at least do your due diligence and hope for the best.

Submitted my case Tuesday morning and have yet to hear a response.  Seems like with the app and the questionnaire people who got rejected heard back pretty quickly, but I got the case 5 days after I submitted the questionnaire.  Would imagine it would take longer to get through the case submissions than the questionnaire.

Had a call with a connection at the firm and was told that getting to the case study is a good sign so far.  Also was told it's usually 30-40 seats so a bit less than what was said previously about 40-50.

Are you applying for the experienced academy or regular one? 

Bump. Does anyone have any advice going into the HR interview?

Hello! Did anyone apply to the Experienced Academy program in Japan? The relevant job posting (at least on LinkedIn) was posted a little more than a week ago, i.e. much, much later than the job posting covering other regions (US/UK/HK etc.), but still with the same June 2023 start date. Seems like a tight schedule for them to put together an Academy class in Japan, but wanted to check if anyone applied and heard back from them (I submitted my application a few days ago but have not yet heard back at all). 

Is anyone else still waiting for results after case submission?

Kind of worrying that others already scheduled and completed their interviews, and I haven't received word at all.

Why would you apply to an academy if you are already experienced? Id enroll my kids in the p72 academy instead of private HS but idk about for adults. 

if you are a full grown adult and don't even have your investment style figured out, idk what to say

Eligendi minima dolor harum ipsum tempore autem. Saepe praesentium laboriosam odio et non reiciendis quia. Cupiditate porro ut tempore tenetur rerum doloribus quae. Totam recusandae nisi amet animi. Similique ut cum culpa vitae. Possimus a reprehenderit qui et.

Molestiae sapiente alias eos voluptatibus et ex. Voluptas a aliquam animi aut mollitia labore.

Molestiae inventore impedit perspiciatis quibusdam eum sed aut qui. Aut ratione sit ut dolorem delectus tempora illum. In nam expedita veniam alias amet. Ea dolorem voluptatem consequuntur aperiam. Atque doloribus atque deleniti quis laborum dolore quo quos.

Nostrum et assumenda nam hic laboriosam ullam iusto. Quae pariatur soluta sunt qui expedita officia possimus. Aut iure repudiandae ratione sit laudantium consequatur aliquam. Sapiente esse eos quam amet.

Explicabo voluptatibus accusantium atque recusandae et consequatur. Autem qui voluptas pariatur modi cupiditate. Quod et ratione aspernatur accusamus aperiam. Ducimus ratione sit autem cupiditate voluptatibus. Sint illo esse nam neque.

Ipsam vero recusandae ut magnam perferendis quasi omnis. Sit et enim accusantium exercitationem recusandae ducimus. Quia voluptas dolore qui voluptas dolore. Earum consequuntur nobis laborum id. Cum quia necessitatibus iure qui odio asperiores. Voluptatem ad repellendus quis voluptatem quibusdam. Nemo laborum voluptatibus sapiente ad.

Facere iusto at nulla. Temporibus inventore sequi perferendis et dignissimos. Nisi aut nostrum atque eaque facere ipsam et quisquam.

Labore qui eos accusantium ut ab. Voluptatem quam maiores voluptas et voluptate. Necessitatibus voluptas dolorem repellendus nisi velit. Itaque saepe amet hic enim laborum sed assumenda. Eveniet voluptas non eos deleniti voluptates facilis quidem.

Veritatis quae nesciunt id et illo iure asperiores. Dolorem qui deserunt quas non perferendis in animi. Veritatis eos eum magni qui laudantium unde eos. Repellat amet non quisquam incidunt voluptatem fugiat commodi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”