2018 Summer Analyst IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page

See the 2018 Full-Time IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page here

EARLY RECRUITMENT PROCESS / APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS

I want to establish a single place where all students can come come to share knowledge, questions, information, and concerns regarding investment banking summer analyst recruiting for summer 2018. US focused. Good luck to everyone.

Goldman Sachs

Morgan Stanley

J.P. Morgan

Bank of America ML

Citigroup

Barclays

Credit Suisse

Deutsche Bank

UBS

Wells Fargo Applications open:

Lazard

Lazard Middle Market

Jefferies

Centerview

Moelis

Greenhill

Perella Weinberg

Houlihan Lokey

PJT

Evercore

HSBC

Nomura

Sun Trust Robinson Humphrey

RBC

Raymond James

Piper Jaffray

Baird

Oppenheimer

Cowen

BMO Capital Markets

Tudor, Pickering, & Holt

Simmons & Co.

Qatalyst Partners.

Guggenheim

William Blair

RBS

Stifel Nicolaus

Societe Generale

Daiwa Capital Markets

Stephens, Inc.

Imperial Capital

Peter J. Solomon Company

Brown Brothers Harriman

Mizuho Securities

In the mean time here is the 2017 Ranking from GO-BUYSIDE employee.

The Dream Team : 1: PJT, GS, Evercore, MS, Lazard, Moelis

Warriors: 2: JPM, Centerview, Greenhill, Perella Weinberg Partners 2.5: CS, BAML ________________________Mega fund cut line*________________

3: Barclays 3.5: DB, Citi, Houlihan, Jefferies 4: UBS, Roths of the world like Liontree 5: Wells Fargo, RBC,BMO ________________________Don't even think about PE line_______

6: HSBC, Baird, KBW,Other no name boutiques, Regional bank IB like Key bank, Foreign banks with no deal flow like Mizuho/Nomura/SocGen

I know this isn't 100% on topic, but I was actually emailed the app by an analyst at JP for their AM summer positions yesterday (6/20). Does the IB application pool really open up later than other positions? I was under the assumption IB is always the most accelerated.

Most banks don't have specific sophomore IB analyst positions but I know several people who got these positions, is this done by just applying through the junior pool and getting picked over juniors? As a sophomore should you just apply to sophomore and juniors programs and see what happens? I know some individuals get these spots through diversity programs or connections but I am referring to those that went through ordinary means.

Some banks will have sophomore-specific programs (very limited number of acceptances) - roles will effectively be the same as junior summer analysts except your reward is another summer internship next year rather than a full time role. There's also sophomores who could be graduating early (3 years) so they count for the junior summer analyst pool since it's based on graduation date.

I have already had my superday as well. If anyone is curious about how it went (hint: not so well), feel free to check my post. GS still has plenty of spots open for the standard application so don't fret one bit. Their applications have only started for diversity / non-target recruits.

If it were done already, why exactly would they bother with the expensive process of re-opening applications on July 15th, flying in people for more superdays after the summer, taking up bankers' time to interview people when their class is already full, etc...?

Well, I'd love to give out names of people, but that wouldn't be very smart, would it? But most insiders I have spoken to have said recruiting this year is particularly early and that it is almost done. If you don't believe it, just check banks' events portals... (virtually) no recruiting events left.

I'm not saying people won't get hired after the summer, but they are already having superdays and the main bulk of interns is gonna have an offer soon or they already have one. So yes, they will "open" applications to get in late talent, but spots will be very limited.