BNP Paribas SA 2022 Thread
i know i messed up last time but i cannot find a thread for this. So this is it.
also a great place for current BNP people to voice their experiences about BNP or the BNP SA process.
i know i messed up last time but i cannot find a thread for this. So this is it.
also a great place for current BNP people to voice their experiences about BNP or the BNP SA process.
| +137 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 61 | 5h |
| +125 | Interns without return offers, careers & perspective | 11 | 8h |
| +114 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 14 | 12h |
| +102 | Just One More Year | 11 | 2d |
| +82 | Are all these UBS postings bullshit? | 21 | 10h |
| +70 | Bringing Deals as a Vice President | 20 | 12h |
| +66 | Paradise Is Paradise | 5 | 17h |
| +37 | Q&A | Investment Banking Analyst, UBS | 2 years in investment banking | 11 | 1d |
| +35 | Q&A | Incoming Associate, Bulge Bracke, AMA: Career switcher (tech sales/BD → MBA → BB TMT IB), return offer | (6 years in Tech/Accounting) | 6 | 4d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 2d |
Career Resources
Bump
anyone get updates after submitting pymetrics?
Nope, nothing yet. What were your results (most unique ones)?
learning, quantitative reasoning, and fairness! wbu?
There was pymetrics?
yeah I got it right after I applied. I think the pymetric invites are automatic
following
I never got one either. What should I do?
Any update for BNP process?
was told official process won't start til late summer / early fall. get networking in now
Anyone know if Pymetrics is important for BNP? I've heard at other banks like JPM it doesn't affect the application very much
Does anybody know the recruiting timeline for global markets?
Can confirm from 1st hand source that GM starts recruting in early August. Tho I do not know if they have an accelerated process for diversity etc. I highly doubt that tho
Deleted
are applications closed?
no deadline in sep 6
Got pymetrics invite half an hour ago. Anyone else? Took me like weeks to get it and applied first day they opened. Are there selective at all? Didn't network yet
I don't think they are selective. Applied late June and received Pymetrics within an hour.
Any update?
Bump, anyone hear back from anything IB related? Also does anyone know if we can interview for multiple? Thinking of targeting IB and FIC
did they start interviewing for snt?
bump.
bump
Honestly just dead silence for now. I wonder when it starts going? Can anyone confirm timeline?
bump
bump
bump
Anyone else just get a bunch of emails to complete Pymetrics? I already did all of them but my application looks like it won’t update.
yea I did too. I thought it wasnt working but for some reason BNP asks for more tests than JPM. I just finished the four tests that were not in the JPM one.
I can give u guys an update: recruiting will not start until after the September 6th deadline
Bump
Anyone hearing anything yet?
Anyone hear anything?
got the 1st round for its NY Global Markets Division
Has anyone heard from IBD recruiting?
Just had my first round with NY Global Markets Division.
Got a first-round interview for corporate coverage. Anyone have any insight into this particular group? Is it within the investment banking division?
Did you receive the link to sign up for the interview?
No, still haven't even though I received the invite on Wed. You?
How did things go?
Delete
Anyone heard back from the S&T first round?
Not yet
nope :(
Are they still processing the first round? Haven't heard anyone get the superday
Does anyone know anything about their FT timelines this year?
Anyone know how long does it take to get feedback about next round?
^ anyone hears back from last week's first round?
Received a superday for NY Global Markets
Any suggestions for the superday?
Any idea on top groups/exits?
anyone heard back from corporate coverage?
Is corporate coverage considered ib?
Did anyone for Global Markets hear whether they would move on during their first round? I heard this was common and but didn't know if anyone actually experienced this.
I was told they are finishing first round interviews in the next 2 weeks
Really? I thought their last super day was in about two weeks?
Okay this is going to sound dumb but someone please help me out. What is "super day" ? Anyone know how many people will interview me and what type of people those are. Should I expect a lot of technical questions and how do I prepare for that. Any advice would be very appreciated. I feel very underprepared.
A superday is usually the final round of interviews. It’s called a superday because in most cases you’re doing many interviews back to back with a large number of bankers. In my experience this cycle they’re about 2-3 hours long with 5 or so interviews with 1 or 2 bankers each. There will be technicals, in my experience the same difficulty as first rounds but just more of them. Depending on the firm they may have 1 or 2 interviews dedicated solely to technicals or they’ll leave it up to each banker to do a little bit of technical questions at their discretion in each interview. Number of people depends heavily on the firm and how their recruiting work, it’s something out of your control and won’t play into whether you get the offer or not. Hope this helps.
Did anyone hear back from corporate coverage?
Also wondering this, haven't hear back yet
hr said will get back early this week, but haven't receive anything....:(
From first round or super day?
Hey guys, anyone heard back from the LevFin division? I know that last year their process took place in Jan/Feb.
Has anyone heard back from S&T superday?
Yeah I got the call earlier today.
Congrats! When is your superday?
Are we dinged for GM/S&T superday if we haven't heard back yet? Pretty nervous..
They are still giving out offers for superdays if that's what you mean
also following
Anyone got Superday for Global Markets Intern position? If so, can you tell what was asked/what needs to be prepared?
Do you know what time is it or how long is it?
Yeah I just received the email with the actual time as well. Thanks!
Does anyone know what percentage of SA convert to return offers?
How long does it take to hear back from super day for corporate coverage?
Have you heard anything? I am so nervous
ah I thought by next week means this week they are sending out decisions...Did you hear that from interviewer or HR? My interviewers did not talk about that
Have they responded?
Anyone heard back from corporate coverage?
Has anyone heard back from their IBD division in general? seeing mostly corporate banking & global markets here
I got the IBG M&A superday invite yesterday
has anyone heard back from NY IBG M&A Team. Had a first round 12th Nov. but heard nothing yet. Did I just get dinged?
I just got my superday invite
Anyone else get an M&A superday
yes
Had one last year.
Know your technicals, and every part of the M&A stuff, and know wtf synergies are. I also got asked about PIK interest and a lot of shit about accounting so make sure you’re good with that. Standard valuation stuff nothing fancy.
Behaviorals are standard, just be sure to thank them after the email. Smile! Be friendly!
Anyone hear back after LevFin first round?
Quae vero nesciunt inventore molestiae est quis reiciendis. Dolores non ratione dolorum autem quis. Ea repudiandae quis incidunt veniam quia commodi molestiae. Quo at similique maiores blanditiis. Vel quibusdam qui molestiae facere magni.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Aut voluptate eligendi voluptates veritatis placeat. Nihil quis rerum quia aut asperiores exercitationem. Vel nihil porro corporis omnis fugit.
Occaecati laudantium neque est delectus. In eum sit iste enim aut quod. Eum exercitationem quae accusamus consectetur dolor maxime delectus dolores. Fuga saepe consequatur consequuntur iusto tenetur minima velit. A eveniet a cupiditate cum nulla.
Ipsum asperiores odio accusantium ab quo placeat. Architecto et et totam repellat eligendi tempora sapiente. Et dolorem saepe iusto quis eius possimus. Repudiandae iure qui ut accusamus voluptates consequuntur. Sunt corporis ipsa cumque sunt delectus.
Accusamus nesciunt quasi voluptas esse modi dolorem. Fuga sit porro officiis eos. Dolore minus et quis expedita impedit modi magnam. Quis cumque est natus. Alias assumenda aperiam quisquam aliquam possimus.
Est non enim dolores quasi molestiae. Corporis enim officia ut qui quod quidem. Eius natus omnis voluptas libero.
Similique ut et animi ut quaerat esse nobis eum. Qui consequatur doloremque quas nulla. Iure suscipit soluta dolore placeat fuga. Quia aspernatur velit molestiae reprehenderit corporis. Enim quibusdam rerum id sapiente sit qui.