IB Sucks. I'm out
- Mind-numbing work
- Hours that frankly, are insane. This is your life.
- Exit ops include other finance jobs where either the hours are just as high, the work is more stressful, or other finance jobs you will take a pay cut and you could've obtained without killing yourself in your low 20s
- Most girls literally don't know the difference between investment banking and operations analyst at Goldman
- Who gives a fuck about "prestige" when the only people you interact with 95% of the time are people who rank above you and tell you what to do? You are chasing a false idea of prestige while ironically spending your short life as an office bitch. How much is this so-called prestige materially increasing your quality of life?
- The hours to pay ratio is not good
- Getting to watch everyone around you live happier more fulfilling lives
- The potential upside is nowhere near what it used to be
- Very few people take this job for the right reasons. Almost all are motivated by a combination of money, perceived prestige, and social pressure
TLDR: I'm leaving banking. I can make a good living elsewhere without all the bullshit. I would bet the average happiness of someone making 40k a year is far better than the happiness of an analyst living alone working 100 hours a week remotely at a BB.