RBC SA 2022 IBD
Didn't see a thread for this, so thought I'd get one started since apps opened a few days ago. Good luck everyone!
Didn't see a thread for this, so thought I'd get one started since apps opened a few days ago. Good luck everyone!
Career Resources
Holy crap what’s wrong with these people? This is ~21 months before an internship would even start.
Correct me if I'm wrong but apps got posted a while ago. and are probably going to be filled sometime this spring. Yeah I agree it is pretty bad.
The RBC apps get posted months and months before they even start interviewing. It's not as bad as you think (but it's still pretty bad lmao).
Example
Bank 1: Posts apps in September, finish recruiting in May
Bank 2: Posts app in March, finish recruiting in May
I submitted my app today, not expecting too much though as I have no network at rbc(alumni are all in other non-ib divisions)
You should still reach out to those connections. I had a friend who used an alum (Legal counsel) at an IB firm who was able to land him a summer internship. Those connections may know others in IB very well to the point where they can connect you with them.
Oh wow, okay I'll do that! Do you think that given I've already sent in the app that it'll make less of a difference? I feel like networking before sending in my resume would be more useful
Here I am superday-ing for SA 2021 this week and RBC already started SA 2022 recruiting.
Hahahaha oh god. Sorry dude, all the best to you and everything but this is just ridiculous.
yea rbc can get fucked
Didn't they just have weak returns for their intern class? How desperate are they
Honestly I remember them doing this last cycle as well. The process doesn't actually start until march/april or something like that if I recall correctly. Still have the resume drop open this early undoubtedly contributes to the process creep moving earlier and earlier. Shitty move.
So they don't actually start first rounds until March/April? That's relieving to hear
That's been the case historically. Obviously, that could change. Personally, I think this kind of behavior reflects pretty poorly on them but if you're worried about an opportunity slipping through the cracks I'd get in touch with someone at the bank to get a handle on the timeline.
It does seem that threads like this crop up every time a bank even references recruitment for the following year so to be abundantly clear for all challenged sycophantic undergrads here:
info sessions != recruitment season
open applications != recruitment season
Nah some groups had subpar returns but across the board 70-80% got offers
They don't actually review apps till like april/may, not sure why they open it this early lol
Anyone knows if they’re rolling, or is there no difference between applying now and later
Does RBC sponsor H1B at the analyst level?
No
When does interviews start and if i didn't submit in my application yet, should i, since i am waiting to hear back for a spring internship?
I heard rumors they started interviews in March. Can anyone confirm?
xxxxxxxxx
Can we MS this into oblivion?
What does this even mean?
what were you trying to achieve with that comment??
The recruiter told us we would hear back today and I hadn't heard anything. I dont know why you are all getting so upset?
have they already sent out invites?
I was told they are starting april-ish
First-round for some schools start around April 9th
Source? Did invites come out?
I was told first rounds come out mid-late april as well
Target here, just got first round for IBD. No news on S&T yet on my side.
best of luck with the process man
NY or west coast?
Yeah, this is crazy. Went to apply for their S&T 2022 summer internship last month and the deadline had already passed.
Non-diversity candidate at a core school, got offered a superday today for a few weeks out
Had my first round today - how long did it take to hear back?
Interviewed on Friday and got notified about the superday offer this afternoon. Best of luck.
Bump
Are you waiting to hear back from them? I think there's a bit of a lull for a while until superdays begin
No, but quite a few of my classmates are in the process.
Some super days are taking place from mid May to the beginning of June (I'm from a target school so I'm not sure if it's different for non targets)
Any idea if first rounds have gone out for RBC non core schools?
also curious
Anyone know anything about SF or Houston first rounds?
Anyone update on non-target first rounds?
Target (non-IVY), offers already given out
Any idea about non-ivy/non-target? Thanks so much
Did anyone apply in the recent IBD NYC cycle (opened up in October)? Maybe they didn't fill all the NYCspots so it seems they reopened applications. I had my first round earlier this week and would love to see if there's anyone else in the same boat as me. BTW what are chances for a SD/offer from a super-target (think HYPSW), LGBTQ (diversity..?)?
Got a first round invite. People probably reneged so spots opened up. I could be wrong tho
Iure eligendi similique assumenda maxime hic quo. Nesciunt ut perferendis aliquam atque. Culpa in ratione consectetur dicta incidunt vel. Temporibus dolorem reiciendis repudiandae provident dolorem. Sint enim consequatur id ab sint. Consequatur vel sint eum voluptas.
Vel architecto eos ipsam iste voluptas reiciendis. Totam cumque voluptatibus voluptate qui atque dolores occaecati fugit. Labore doloremque blanditiis quas sapiente cum optio. Velit voluptatem quasi voluptatem sint tenetur eaque. Quod ab ex ratione et.
Facilis mollitia perspiciatis cum sapiente magni. Qui cupiditate dignissimos voluptates occaecati atque est. Qui laboriosam ut velit nostrum veritatis. Occaecati nihil fugiat ipsam aut sit officia facere. Et sed maiores quidem sit id. Vitae nobis praesentium voluptates perferendis deserunt.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Est doloremque qui hic tenetur illum. Minima voluptas iure dolore reprehenderit corporis eligendi sequi. Eligendi eveniet rerum ut cum.
Sit voluptatem quia vel sint illo. Odit omnis recusandae autem perferendis voluptas quae. Recusandae tempora pariatur iste enim quia veniam itaque iste. Et qui in sunt ut dolore qui. Molestias mollitia vel itaque quia beatae sequi ad. Nihil facilis et vel. Quo aliquam quis est dolorum.
Quas quaerat voluptas ipsam. A voluptatum eum rerum. Id cupiditate officia quis est.
Et quis et provident consectetur. Et quia unde sapiente optio quisquam. Maiores in quibusdam veniam velit sint molestiae occaecati. Voluptates nulla dolor nemo dolor.
Non quibusdam nam eius est et modi nemo repellendus. Omnis sequi sed consectetur rerum et fugiat facilis vero. Voluptatem molestiae beatae consectetur. Assumenda at animi modi quia laboriosam tempora doloribus. Rerum et assumenda impedit quis inventore molestiae. Incidunt eaque rem nostrum. Repellendus id sit dolor ullam aperiam tenetur facilis.