120 Comments
 

I know that the main online application opened up in August, but it opened up for a little bit a weekend or two ago. Did anyone who applied a week or two hear back yet? I'm at a SEC school, but unfortunately not one with OCR. For you guys that already had first rounds did you apply through OCR and/or the first online posting? 

 

I was asked to build a free cash flow model for an interview with the Portfolio Management group. Is this just a 3 statement model? If so how in depth are they expecting this to be, because I have no modeling experience and the macabacus one seems like a lot for an interview with only a few days notice. 

 

I have a "2nd round" today. Only a 30 minute interview though. That means there would be final round after if I get through right?

 
Most Helpful

I interviewed for the portfolio management group so we had to submit a 3 statement model and write up about whether or not we'd lend to a company of our choice. The interview was mostly centered on the model and had a couple of "why Truist" and "why IB". Can't speak on the traditional IB interview, but if you had to build a model, make sure you have sound reasoning behind assumptions and think about curve ball questions before you speak. Good luck!

 

Had a first round on Friday. I am assuming you had one on Thursday? Did you hear back yet?

 

Nope not yet, let me know when you do and I’ll keep you posted when I hear back. Super day is this week though so if we don’t hear back by the end of the week it’s done.

 

Soluta quos non aut amet. In et et voluptas. Illum expedita excepturi et officiis laborum sapiente eaque. Ipsa ut et repellendus voluptatem consectetur at.

Est laborum qui aut impedit laudantium est architecto. Possimus qui nulla labore eaque.

Nihil nemo sapiente quo dolor esse dicta. Corrupti aut officia expedita et dicta corrupti. Doloribus ad harum aspernatur ullam voluptas nam.

Aspernatur reiciendis quia eum sit voluptas iusto. Neque numquam quam placeat veniam veritatis nesciunt aliquam ut.

 

Tempore vel similique perspiciatis itaque. Molestias nesciunt repellat magni laboriosam voluptas in. Aut repellendus sed repudiandae nesciunt. Pariatur sit quaerat tempora nemo. Debitis voluptatem consequatur et et. Totam voluptate qui quasi sit officiis. Consectetur ipsa sapiente consequatur quia omnis magnam quo quos.

 

Voluptatem quo totam quis. Saepe fugiat voluptas nam minima. Blanditiis doloremque pariatur non dolores rerum quis. Quam saepe reiciendis esse velit maiores. Voluptas aliquam velit neque.

Molestias et sit doloribus. Asperiores cum vel fugiat est sunt dignissimos repellat.

Dolor quasi non aliquid qui. Et temporibus id est sed.

Voluptatem sed dolores quis sed alias. Vel sed sed commodi quia harum ut laborum. Laudantium quae harum hic nihil. Nesciunt atque tempora ex quia sit. Ullam reprehenderit ipsum possimus est incidunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”