Myself, and a few people I know of were invited to do the 15min video interviewers for Goldman Sach's IBD summer internship. However, I believe they are not interviews, but rather you recording answers. Anybody have any experience with this/know what they ask?
GS HireVue Online Interview
In recent years, all applicants have been asked to participate in HireVue Video Interviews after applying to a program (internships, full time, and pre-internship programs). Users have said that they usually hear back after recording their interview between a 1 week to a month later to schedule second round or superday interviews. The status of their candidacy can be accessed on the applicant portal.
The interview includes 3-5 questions with 30 seconds to prepare a response, and up to 2 minutes to answer. HireVue stops recording as soon as 2 minutes are up. There is an opportunity to practice this video format in the HireVue tutorial you will see prior to starting your interview. It is recommended to practice preparing and recording videos prior to your interview- HireVue offers unlimited practice trials.
The HireVue Video interview can be inclusive of all the divisions you applied to, but the questions will be catered to one division. One way to find out which division you are interviewing with is to check "reply-to" recipient in that email. Then Linkedin that person to find which division he/she is recruiting for.
Questions to expect in the Interview
Users have typically been given behavioral questions, and occasionally technical questions depending on the division they applied for.
- Why GS?
- Why this division?
- What does this division do and how does it fit into the firm?
- Tell us about a time that you had to work in a team.
- How does your experience and background apply to this division?
- Tell us about a project you're proud of.
- Tell me about a time when someone wasn't pulling their weight.
- Tell me about a time when you were faced with a confrontation.
Why Work at GS?
Below is an example answer for "why do you want to work at GS?"
I first became interested in GS when attending an informational session at XYZ school. There I spoke with several alumni from the Goldman Sachs IB Group. After connecting with members of the firm at that event, I was connected to speak to more alumni from the firm who spoke extensively about the beneficial nature of the 3 analyst mobility program and the internal modeling in the IBD group. Recently, I had the chance to come visit the FIG floor and speak with multiple bankers throughout the day. After that experience, I knew that I wanted to work at GS due to the very collegial nature of the firm in addition to the unique program structure.
Tips for Video Interviews with Goldman Sachs
- Ensure your webcam and microphone work
- Practice answering general behavioral questions concisely in front of a webcam, and prepare yourself mentally for questions you may not expect
- Review your resume for experiences and skills you want to highlight
- Be dressed in business professional from the waist up, and conduct your HireVue interview in a quiet, well- lit room with minimal background distractions
Also, check out uncommon tips for nailing digital interviews.
You can read more about Goldman Sachs on the Wall Steet Oasis Company Database.
Read More About Goldman Sachs on WSO
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.