GS, MS, JPM Summer 2021 Recruiting

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with an accelerated interview with any of these banks (or other firms that recruit in the summer/fall) due to an exploding offer?

I'm a current sophomore that is trying to figure out how to navigate this staggering recruiting season.

Thanks!

GS/JPM will not accelerate you not matter what. There is strict company policy stemming from seniors and I know for a fact that the recruiting teams have met to discuss this issue. I faced the same dilemma when I recruited, as it was even more staggered than it was now. You either risk it and wait, or you play it safe and sign the first offer you get. There really is no "strategy" here to navigate the recruiting season. It is what it is.

Source: Incoming analyst at GS/JPM and campus ambassador at target

jpm will rescind your offer if they find out you reneged

What about diversity recruiting / Goldman's spring undergraduate camp participants

Is JP and GS going to be doing on campus recruiting, or they done with that?

ms will open apps in spring but recruit in summer/fall, gs/jpm will recruit in fall

info sessions yes. first rounds no.

first round at GS is literally a hirevue.

It's important to know everything about the industry try getting a subscription with the economist here is a link economist.com/ev5 that will get you the first 12 weeks for $12 and another link for economist.com/TNEV5 a 51 week digital subscription.

July 1 is when they open the application but would advise to fill out ASAP afterwards

Funniest

Summer 2021 is already filled up for GS/MS/JPM.

You were a bit late with your post.

Good chance that 2020 summer's will do their internship onsite for 2021. So the slots are already filled.

I had experience with this when I was recruiting for my SA position-

I got an exploding offer from a top MM shop (HL/Blair/Baird/etc) as I was interviewing with MS. I got a super day invite from MS but it was after my MM offer expired. I explained the situation to my MS interviewer (he followed up with me after I got the superday invite, I mentioned the offer), and he said he would try to figure it out with HR. However, he told me a few days later there was nothing HR could do because they didn't have superdays set up, so my options were either accept the MM offer or turn it down and hope for MS. I'm a risk averse person, so I accepted the MM offer.

I got the return offer from my MM and intended on at least shopping it a little for FT recruiting, but once again the deadlines were pretty quick. The return offer was exploding and MS (and other places) process didn't move fast enough, so I took the MM offer.

Now here I am as an analyst considering trying to lateral out of the same MM, so interpret this story as you will. On one hand, I might have 'settled', in that I probably had a good chance at a more prestigious bank (either as an SA or during FT recruiting). On the other hand, my lateral situation is looking pretty good and I think I'll be able to get a 'better' position if I decide I want one, and I have a banking job that I like at a solid firm. In my opinion, the current situation (feeling like I settled) is about a million times better than potentially ending up with no offer, and I would forever regret turning down the offer I had if I tried to recruit to go for MS and failed.

A final note- absolutely never renege. I've heard too many stories from kids at my school and others in the industry of horror stories. The risk just isn't worth it.

Can you share why you're looking to lateral when you're already at a top MM? I've heard normally heard positive things about the top MMs in term of culture, compensation, and deal flow.

Anyone know if GS/MS/JPM have ever expedited the interview process for applications who have exploding offers before application portals open?

Tried to accelerate the first two, but didn't work for MS and I think they're against reneging, GS called to tell me they wouldn't mind me recruiting for SA even after I've accepted the offer (aka renege) and JPM also probably doesn't care

same situation, ended up accepting the original offer I had. are you considering continuing to recruit for GS as I know hirevues for IBD are out?

MS is open but apps will not be reviewed until after July 27 (non-rolling). Have given out offers to accelerated already (can't confirm if this is still ongoing tbh) JPM is open and has an accelerated process – the accelerated process has superdays in July (can confirm as I'm in it), not sure about regular but I assume in August as that was the case last year and they told me accelerated candidates have supers in July. Either way, I would still apply ASAP. GS opens July 1. Some other threads say that they've received an accelerated process, which is new this year.

Aspernatur perspiciatis nulla nihil ut. Mollitia et recusandae consequuntur dicta est nam. Quia reiciendis asperiores cumque totam eveniet. Eum rerum in quas ipsum exercitationem amet expedita. Ut aut iusto fuga dicta aut in rem. Deserunt mollitia quo quis voluptatibus quo.

Ea amet repellat accusantium accusantium saepe totam eos. Corrupti quidem quis et vitae. Odit autem provident quod rerum blanditiis ea in.

Modi dolores maiores voluptatem ipsam magni. Voluptatem consequatur nostrum enim qui repudiandae. Quos nemo qui vel dolorem ullam molestias. Accusantium beatae veniam veritatis quis autem dolorem. Aut consequatur ea expedita nemo.

Doloremque possimus possimus fuga nam voluptate numquam. Porro doloremque minus tenetur iste. Dolores vel architecto distinctio autem id. Qui quia nihil vero maxime dolores. Tempore cumque unde animi reprehenderit consequatur deserunt. Et blanditiis voluptates sint quam et sed omnis reprehenderit. Necessitatibus veniam cupiditate quasi enim praesentium molestiae unde.

Ea necessitatibus ut expedita et. Doloremque quia accusamus adipisci placeat ducimus. Et cum iusto dolores voluptas ea dolorem odio consequatur.

Et corrupti eligendi et ut repellendus qui qui. Non eos provident aliquam ipsa aut nihil debitis. Sint voluptas tenetur explicabo atque in possimus.

Dolor ut illo id voluptas ea quia aliquid. Accusantium laboriosam aut iusto fuga expedita placeat et. Quod consequatur ipsa soluta. Consequatur dolorem corrupti voluptates velit omnis accusantium.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”