Stifel SA 2022

Stifel is beginning their recruiting process and was wondering what locations are best for deal flow (NY, Chicago, Silicon Valley, Boston, Houston, Maryland) or overall where Stifel does a majority of their IB out of. Any advice would be appreciated.

183 Comments
 

received internal email from their HR few days ago asking for group/location preference 

 

Did you have yours yet? My 1st round is tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if you could provide any insight

 

Stifel did a sophomore internship this year and all participants were considered for 2022 SA. They've already given some offers out to those people.

 

A lot of kids in the program already had stuff for summer 2022. I'm guessing they gave offers to 15-20 kids.

 

same. My school is a target in general, but not sure if it is one for Stifel tho

 

I submitted my app for NY the 14th. They reviewed it the day of on handshake. But did not receive anything. Any insights would help! Semi Target 

Joshua Gao 
 

so can someone clarify how some people already had a super day when the app just dropped a couple days ago? Was it a accelerated process?

 

Nothing yet, maybe they're waiting to filter more people in thru first rounds before they go on to superday? Would make sense to me seeing as how the only people with first rounds were those with direct referrals that never applied online

 

I also had a few people said they would push for my resume, but never heard back about anything. Is it worth emailing the hr or does it seem too desperate?

 

Had the exact same thing happen. Looking at the other comments it looks like they're doing it in waves. They are definitely still recruiting. If anyone had updates on specific timeline that would be great. 

 

For everyone asking about the timeline: 

- Had first-round on 7/7

- Heard back about SD on 7/8 for 7/16

- Superday was 7/16 and got an offer that same night 

First round: all behavioral 

SD: 5 interviews of 30-minutes. 1 fully technically, others were very behavioral leaning and everyone seemed super chill. 

Background: Asian Male / Non-Target 

 

Hey, thanks for sharing. Would it be possible for me to PM you? Would love to ask a few questions. 

 

Anyone else just receive a group preference survey? And does this usually mean that we’ll get a first round?

 

I did too. Also wondering the same, but I think it makes sense for us to get a first round. Otherwise, why would they waste their time to send us emails right?

 

I just got a request for a survey again after already completing it and after already having a first round in the first wave, kinda confused lol 

 

Wow, I can't believe that. I still didn't get a first round after getting the survey

 

Thanks! The timeline was incredibly quick. Had first round this Tuesday, received SD invite call from HR Tuesday afternoon, did SD on Wednesday, received a verbal offer last night. SD was somewhat structured and I think each interview had a theme of what it'd be around. One technical interview (M&I 400-esque), one somewhat technical interview (market-related), one resume/background/work experience interview, one leadership/teamwork/etc-centered behavioral interview, and one very casual interview that I think was essentially just an airport test.

 

I still haven't gotten a first round after filling out the survey. Anyone on the same boat?

 

I guess I am not the only one who didn't get one. Did you click the survey link after you filled it out by any chance? I am at the point where I think I might have clicked the link again and the result was erased or something lol

 

anyone know if they are still giving out first round for nyc, was told my a contact there they are still doing interviews

 

Got first round invite for KBW, anybody already going thru it? Also thoughts on group would be helpful don’t know much about the kbw arm 

 

Recusandae autem magnam molestiae. Similique consequuntur ut et libero rerum ut nam. Occaecati ut quaerat impedit. Sit labore repellendus est consequuntur velit. Ea quis eius est sed. Quis reprehenderit dolores cum corrupti qui.

Et assumenda qui perferendis adipisci ratione doloribus. Officiis non eius ullam incidunt officiis ut eveniet.

Impedit voluptatibus qui architecto quia. Dolorem voluptas voluptatibus aperiam est voluptas. Similique id fuga aut ut architecto expedita quae. Est est corporis officia et. Nostrum nobis est omnis est cumque iste sed harum.

Ea quia quo quis repellat neque eius. Ex et nam eum iste consectetur odit a.

 

Quibusdam corporis suscipit ducimus. Ullam deleniti cumque laborum ut. Qui vel autem consequatur odit pariatur ipsa odit. Temporibus totam et repellendus mollitia nemo est assumenda. Dolores dolor iste sed id vel aliquam facilis. Qui praesentium rerum ab. Aut neque quo dolorem incidunt incidunt qui.

Porro molestias optio voluptatem perferendis velit id. Harum error occaecati velit pariatur. Necessitatibus laboriosam repudiandae et libero necessitatibus sunt tenetur quidem. Quo dolores et maiores quod.

 

Itaque velit dignissimos rem animi architecto eligendi repellendus. Animi incidunt sed quidem maiores. Aperiam et consequatur itaque id quas esse aut. Qui et aut dolores voluptas. Voluptas id quis sequi reiciendis soluta.

Fugit nobis voluptatem maiores modi aperiam aut recusandae. Magni quisquam at beatae illo ut hic. Doloribus consequatur quia fugiat. Explicabo veritatis ducimus et soluta et. Deserunt doloremque rerum atque officia ut perferendis est quia. Esse adipisci ipsum nisi corporis quia ut.

 

Pariatur dolores voluptatum eaque. Sequi aut fugiat modi occaecati sit consequuntur. Excepturi ducimus earum quos fugit est.

Eaque repellendus rerum culpa tempora est. Beatae dolor saepe facilis cum. Aut ipsam et velit nostrum. Cumque blanditiis quia necessitatibus nulla. Repellat non quo minus sit.

Voluptatum iusto tenetur occaecati aut ut aliquam. Consequatur quod optio commodi qui et et non. Eius eligendi provident rerum amet fuga libero ratione. Non culpa est enim rerum. Architecto enim dolores est aut veritatis corrupti ipsam.

 

Fugiat qui voluptatem ut ut aut molestias. Molestiae voluptatibus voluptas occaecati iure nemo dicta. Et quos eaque aperiam.

Laborum rerum ducimus dolores tempore quis consequuntur magni. Autem vero dolores amet esse a iusto veniam atque. Deleniti inventore eaque architecto expedita modi ipsa dolores.

Laborum dolorem itaque et consectetur et ad molestias totam. Nostrum possimus soluta qui est. Mollitia accusantium itaque officia omnis. Dolorem voluptas molestiae qui temporibus maxime deleniti perferendis. Consectetur qui impedit ipsam blanditiis placeat.

Accusamus aut nulla non minima. Voluptatem quia impedit cupiditate ratione modi fugiat assumenda. Iste voluptatibus fuga ipsam expedita quibusdam. Quia autem ipsam ipsa dolorem qui hic vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”