Guggenheim SA 2021
I haven't seen a thread for this so I am starting one. Does anyone have any updates on the timeline with regard to SA 2021?
What does y'all's status say on the candidate portal?
I haven't seen a thread for this so I am starting one. Does anyone have any updates on the timeline with regard to SA 2021?
What does y'all's status say on the candidate portal?
Career Resources
diversity candidate here so this may not apply to you but they reached out to schedule a superday during the last week of February. Had already accepted another offer for 2021 so didn’t end up going but I know superdays for diversity kids have been ongoing since first week of March and offers are already being extended
Wow. Congrats! Where did you accept an offer instead?
thank you! not going to say specifically because the firm only takes 4-6 kids from H/S/W and occasionally a couple other schools per year so it wouldn’t be tough to figure out who I am but a very small and secretive boutique
Sounds like PJ Solomon to me
can assure you it’s not
do they have good exit oops ? I’m leaning towards Allen
Can confirm that they are going ham on diversity recruiting. I'm more interested in their restructuring group myself and have heard that is on a later timeline.
Networked with one alumni, diversity at non target here, I know a few 2021 positions are already open, but to think that they already have people for 2021 is insane...
anyone know the timeline for non diversity?
interested as well
Diversity and non-diversity are on separate timelines?
Any updates on the RX timeline?
Bump for any updates on timeline? Also interested in RX specifically
bump
Applications close May 3, heard first rounds should start sometime in May.
are first rounds out yet?
Houston oil&gas first-round today with superday this Friday. Source: recruitment team
.
Bump for any NYC updates?
Has anyone been through their non-diversity interviews yet? I've heard their technicals have been hard in the past so I'm just wondering what people's experience has been this year?
^^bump
when do other applications open? (meaning non IB)
I did diversity and got an offer but also got one from Citi. What would you guys recommend between those two? Solely in terms of exit opps
If you're deadset on exits then I think most people would go with Citi here, but the gap between the two firms is not extremely large.
You'll get the same looks from headhunters at both these firms so I'd mostly consider the following:
Exits are the same. Gugg pays more
Is Gugg a sweatshop? Having a hard time finding anything helpful on their culture
Group dependent but generally not nearly as bad as laz/moco. TMT used to be pretty bad but hiring has caught up with dealflow so work's more evenly distributed now. Honestly the label of 'sweatshop' is used pretty arbitrary so I'd recommend speaking with some analysts to get a feel for the culture
I think most people would not consider the firm overall as a sweatshop. Anecdotally, all of the people I networked with there have praised the culture. I think they're known for being "fratty" and collegial which can be a bad or good thing depending on the type of person you are.
Top groups like TMT & HC verticals definitely still grind. Culture is overall as person above has described which makes it better
Sorry for the stupid question - HC?
Healthcare
Out of curiosity how busy have the m&a groups been during covid? Has everything slowed down or are m&a analysts working on rx deals too?
any updates on RX?
Heard that phone screens were going to start this week, but I am not 100% sure on that. If anyone hears anything about RX be sure to comment.
Just got a phone screen request for RX NY!
Congrats! Dang I'm starting to sweat a bit. I've been networking hard, but now I'm unsure if I'm even going to get a first round. ;(
I got a first round invite too. following
any insight into Chicago office?
Received Chicago first round phone screening for IB Middle Market. Zero clue about the NY process.
same. any idea what type of Qs will be asked? I know technical, but what areas do they like to focus on. Thanks.
Anyone know how much Gugg pays their FT analysts compared to the street
Heard it’s on the higher end but don’t know more than that
tighter range, higher end of street.
Update: Looks like phone screenings are still rolling out. Just got contacted for one today.
M&A or RX?
RX
Just had RX technical screener
how was it?
Not bad at all imo!
Guggenheim Chicago Phone screens just got sent out
anyone have any insight to the Chicago SA interview technical screen? how advanced are the technical questions?
Bump
Any M&A screenings out yet?
Bump for NY
I haven’t heard anything and given the posts it seems like M&A isn’t out yet. I have a call with a VP today(general call not phone screen), I will report any updates on process if I hear anything.
anyone know what type of questions they like to ask in technical screener.
how about ECM?
bump
Had an ECM first round a couple days ago
Anyone heard back regarding Chicago Office?
NY M&A updates?
NY RX Update? Any superday yet?
had a second phone screen on Monday, haven't heard back yet
same here, had second round on the 19th
Any idea how many SAs the RX group generally takes?
From what I have heard from past years is that they take about 5.
Oh wow that's small
Just received a superday invite for RX
Congrats! Anyone else hear back?
Yeah I did, too. We were supposed to get back to them by today at noon. Dates are not confirmed tho.
I just got back from Guggenheim saying that it will be on Thursday morning. Do all of us have different dates?
I have mine Friday morning
Congrats! Curious how it went for you and how many rounds of back to back? Technicals? @OracleOfAustin"
anyone have any insight into the Chicago office? Ive heard that two of WB's best MDs left to start the Chicago office with a focus on tech. Seems like its going to grow pretty quickly.
10.1.1Anecdotally, heard those MDs are good guys, and that their new office is already doing well.
Can confirm Chicago group is doing extremely well
Did we get dinged if we haven't heard back about the RX superday?
Having been dinged from 4 processes now, I would say the answer is generally a yes.
That's unfortunate. I really thought I did well in the two phone screens.
Does anyone that has been talking to Gugg employees know if they are cutting down the SA 2021 class due to economic downturn? And how many diversity candidates has NY M&A taken already?
Anyone have info on NYC M&A process? Worried I may have missed the boat.
I don’t think they have sent anything out
ecm?
when does S&T applications open up? does anyone know?
guggenheim Chicago done recruiting
Done taking new applicants, or they've already made their hiring decisions?
finished hiring
NY M&A updates?
Analyst told me they’re almost done
But that conflicts with what I’ve heard elsewhere so maybe he just didn’t like me haha
that’s not true I heard they don’t start till June
Yeah that doesn't seem accurate. I know diversity was done in March and early April but I don't even think they've started interviews for non diversity.
And haha maybe he just didn't know so I wouldn't take it personally
just got an invite for first round ny m&a! they told me it will be held in late june
Deleted
restructuring?
got ecm first round invite
got a M&A super day invite
Target?
non-target
news on Houston ?
Hey guys, just got invited for a first round + superday combo for Structured Products Origination team under IBD. Any insights on how this might differ from typical generalist interview?
Deletedddd
Hey! This is a few years later, I have an SPO superday coming up though and was wondering what types of questions they asked since I'm super stressed
Got a phone call rejection from the RX group... guess the RX dream is over and it is time for BBs!
Deleted
Any chance we get invited to superdays with multiple groups or is it one or done like Moelis?
bump
Any updates with NY M&A?
bump
superday today for ny generalist, target non-diversity
Congrats! How'd it go?
For people who had first round interviews with SPO, how did it go for you guys?
deleted
Did you hear back yet?
What types of questions did they ask you, have mine coming up soon for the SPO group
Do all calls go out on one day or are they staggered out?
Not sure but I know that a group of candidates just had their first rounds this Wednesday and will be having final rounds on Friday
So is there a second round of superdays today?
Are offers for SPO already out after the Wednesday superday or are they staggered out?
Anyone have updates on SPO? Are all offers out?
I just applied to NY M&A today - I thought I'd applied but apparently not - is it too late now? Any updates on NY M&A? Non-target non-diversity btw
From what I heard it is too late to just apply and get a interview. Try networking with some higher ups.
How many interviews have the virtual super days been?
two 30min interviews with a mix of behavioral and technical
Was it 2 v 1 or 1 v 1
Have a first round and potential superday next week for NYC Generalist
when is your superday?
anyone who had NY generalist superday today know when we'll hear back? HR said they would notify us next week but I heard they call you about offers in the evening. Or at least they did in previous years
does anyone have updates about offers?
are all NYC m&a invites out? from a top target and had an analyst push my resume to recruiter
Anyone know how much Guggenheim pays SA and also FT? Curious to see how it stacks up against the BB. Also what are some of their best groups?
SA get paid $85k with $2.5k signing bonus. 1st year analysts get paid around $165k. More if you're good. Much higher than BBs and similar to highest paid EBs except CVP.
Top groups are TMT and Healthcare.
nyc m&a updates? bump
for after superday? havent heard anything
bump
Offers have been given to some target applicants
Same here for me is what I'm hearing...
Consequatur et facilis est necessitatibus sit minima. Amet est quidem totam explicabo odio dignissimos. Eos ut molestiae ea.
Modi provident deserunt nisi ut voluptas perferendis qui. Adipisci nesciunt nihil porro non. Fuga inventore autem ut pariatur maxime. Et eaque et qui. Rerum ipsum explicabo tempora est provident accusamus nulla cum. Consequuntur voluptatem excepturi occaecati vel aut. Voluptatibus a porro rerum illo pariatur.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Doloremque est quia dolores voluptas. Libero sunt consequuntur esse ratione nulla sed harum rerum. Odio animi necessitatibus laborum quam nemo. Soluta est voluptatem quod est ea autem et.
Aut quos cupiditate quis. Atque sit ipsam aliquid occaecati temporibus. Quia qui dolorem voluptatem velit adipisci quasi.
Eveniet cum aut qui eos. Eum qui cumque cum modi et. Illo sunt aut ut. Est nihil animi et officia.
Atque facilis vitae quasi vel inventore numquam ut est. Asperiores eaque animi fugit molestias in cupiditate.
Dolor dolore natus accusantium. Odio recusandae commodi mollitia qui veniam non quis eos. Minima ea commodi sunt odit. Totam dolore officiis laborum ab labore. Asperiores non nihil et sint.
Eos officiis sint a repellat magnam qui. Nostrum amet reiciendis porro eos veniam unde.
Molestiae aliquam autem dolor. Aut fuga consequatur nemo et quam dolorum at.
Fugiat et minima aliquam alias aut. Alias dignissimos dolores voluptas aperiam. Et ducimus et reprehenderit architecto et quibusdam. Ut sit reiciendis aut assumenda hic nostrum. Mollitia voluptates rerum porro omnis quia quisquam ea.
Et sint sunt eveniet nemo optio. Perspiciatis velit repellat sunt voluptatem est natus. Nesciunt perspiciatis id quia est corrupti.
Consequatur ab aut excepturi et et accusantium ut velit. Quia velit ratione earum iste quas fugiat tempora. Maiores alias est aut sint ratione.
Odit animi optio fugit consequatur excepturi. Fuga rerum sint ut veniam voluptatem. Dolore unde accusamus non et. Consequatur eius repellendus quas non quasi qui eius. Totam dignissimos dolorem non modi.
Ipsam inventore aliquid ad aperiam dolores minus quo. Rem laboriosam non voluptate unde. Non deleniti dignissimos voluptatem. Consectetur cum maxime distinctio quaerat repellendus sit. Non rerum nemo dignissimos pariatur numquam ea autem neque.
Repellat vero mollitia tempora vero nulla. Accusamus non repellat reprehenderit culpa qui voluptatem.
Saepe magni aspernatur nihil ut eum eaque. Fuga voluptatem qui quidem ipsa porro voluptatem dolorem assumenda. Velit aliquam molestias voluptates dolorem harum accusantium perferendis.
Id quis temporibus facere. Architecto voluptatem amet occaecati quis aut est vitae.
Eum sit qui quisquam. Officia ab id ipsa velit officia.
Provident enim incidunt dolorem molestiae aut provident quos. Vel sunt delectus dolorem ratione ullam deleniti nemo. In et doloribus nihil a minus est iste harum. Est voluptas aut optio et. Rerum dolorem corporis delectus iusto velit sit.
Dolorem sed id neque quis. A quia et repellendus deleniti explicabo voluptatem. Consequatur impedit quam ut doloribus dolore animi ut. Eos esse dignissimos nostrum labore est. Consequatur hic hic perferendis quis. Dolor maxime id sunt vitae. Autem deleniti quod provident aperiam id corrupti laudantium.