Summer 2018 Citigroup Summer Sophomore Leadership Program
Hey guys, I just got an e-mail from Citigroup replying to my submitted application for the Sophomore Summer Leadership Program. It is just asking "to preference your business line of interest." I'm assuming the fact that I got an e-mail back is a good thing. Did a lot of people get this, or is this a part of the interview process for Citi to breakdown people and see who they want for next summer? Does anyone have any advice on this process? This is my first time really dealing with something like this.
Citi Summer Internship for Sophomores Group Preference
During the application process for the Citi sophomore leadership program, candidates must submit their group preferences. According to our users, it seems that this step is the next step past the resume screen. However, you are not guaranteed an interview because you receive an email.
cgainedI believe that the email is a "second-step" past a resume screening. I have a couple friends who applied as well and they didn't get emails.
kcwelch5184From what I heard everyone who made it through basic resume screening receives the email.
You can learn more about the Citi internship program with the below video.
Read more about this topic on another thread on WSO. This thread reviews the program in whole.
Read more about Citigroup on the WSO Company Database.
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.
I got the email too. Not sure if it's for everyone or ones who made it past the initial resume screening.
Got one as well, did you guys receive confirmation emails after finishing the survey?
no
Got the email about preference but nothing else. My top pick was market and securities service.
not sure if this is entirely true, but I think if we got the email we'll get an interview. The line "Your first choice business area should not change from your initial preference during the interview process." is what gave me hope.
I believe that the email is a "second-step" past a resume screening. I have a couple friends who applied as well and they didn't get emails.
Have you guys heard anything yet?
No, not yet unfortunately
From what I heard everyone who made it through basic resume screening receives the email.
Has anyone heard back yet? Its been about a week and a half or so since I got the e-mail.
Nothing from them after the email. I hope they get back to us soon?
Got a first-round phone interview
Just trying to get an idea of who they are looking for. What is your GPA? And what are some schools that are of similar size and rigor?
Did you get an email or did they call you?
what group?
Can you let us know what type of questions are asked when you have your call?
Has anyone else received a phone interview?
No I have not heard anything
same
First-Round Phone interview: received notification earlier today Markets track...
Hey, through an email or phone call?
email
i got an email for a phone interview as well about an hour ago
When did you submit your app?
august 14th
What division?
CMO
Could you share a little about yourself?
non-target, high gpa, no experience in markets whatsoever haha so fingers crossed for the interview!
-
It looks like only people who applied for capital markets as their first choice got an email. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
corporate banking and I had the interview last week.
how was it?
Has anyone heard from the IB sector?
Did you get an email?
No I haven't gotten one yet, have you. What sector was your first choice?
Interviewed for CB yesterday, target non-div, middle of road gpa. All standard behavioral, told I would hear back in a week regarding superday.
Will decisions still be sent out seeing that people have already finished interviews?
CB and had interview Friday.
also got an email as well for first round.. SnT track
Anyone hear back from IB?
I put IB and i haven't. My SnT friends haven't heard back either
Did you guys add any files besides a resume to your application
I put a cover letter.
anyone have their interview yet?
how long did your interviews last?
i had my interview, it lasted about 25 minutes. pretty chill
Interviews are structured to be approx 30 minutes. My interviewer told me I would hear back within 24 hours to the end of the week regarding superday decisions. I presume just for my individual division, but who knows.
-
CB
Nothing from IB yet, anyone heard anything?
I got an email about a first-round interview on Thursday, and had my call for IB on Sunday. Waiting to hear back about superday.
Damn, I haven't received anything yet.
Did anyone apply for other sophomore programs? Like BAML?
I applied for BAML's sophomore programs but haven't heard back yet.
-
I received an offer from --- S&T sophomore program
Congrats! Could you tell us when was your interview and your superday?
Had my first round interview with Citi! Very chill. I am also waiting for a response from BAML as well for the sophomore program
were the questions behavioral mostly?
A little bit. Mostly it’s over your resume
Hi Everyone,
From what I hear (pretty reliable information) Super Days will be the 2nd week of November. You should hear back about them sometime next week.
Good luck everyone!
If we haven't heard anything by this point are we out of the competition? I applied Aug 29 for the IB group and still haven't heard anything since the generic email that was sent out for the preference selection.
anyone know how many students apply for this program yearly? aka acceptance rate?
3000+ for 36 spots so...about 1%
did anyone receive any communication after their phone interview?
I'm still waiting to hear back...
also waiting to hear back I believe decisions are next week.. my phone interview was yesterday
you thinking monday or?
got a superday email, had an exploding offer so they probably notified me early. first choice was markets and services
did you get an email from Citi / Recruiter or from your interviewer / analyst ?
When's the superday
Has anyone that put IB as their first preference heard back since the preference email went out? It seems as though markets have been having phone interviews, but was wondering if any people with IB as their first choice had any phone interviews yet.
I had my phone interview for IB last Sunday and still waiting to hear back about superday.
I got a superday email - no exploding offer, first choice was IB. Interviewed last week.
Wow congrats! Did you get it today?
I also had IB as a top choice and have not heard anything. Non target, high GPA, modeling experience
anyone without an exploding offer hear back for Markets?
-
Did you hear directly from your interviewer or from HR/Recruiting ? (I'm trying to understand whether it depends on your interviewer to notify you or all the superday invites have been sent by HR at the same time)
Anyone hear from TTS?
Not yet, HR mentioned sometime this week and interviewer mentioned sometime early this week. I'm not sure if anything has changed since they told me this.
TTS seems to be on a slightly different (later) schedule than ib/markets. hopefully we get to hear back soon.
Anyone else from tts??
I heard interviews were still being conducted up through tomorrow. There are surely outstanding superday invites.
for those who have received the invite, could you share the date of the superday?
yeah for markets, interviews are still being done up until tomorrow so I wouldn't fret if you haven't gotten a superday invite
for markets or CMO?
Markets (MSS) tomorrow should be last day of interviews for markets
Anyone hear back from CB?
Realized a few days ago that my interview was not for the "Sophomore Leadership Program, Markets Track" but instead for the "Sophomore Program, Markets Summer Analyst". Evidently these are two completely separate program. Any one else make this mistake?
has anyone from CMO heard back yet?
Have not heard back (CMO).
will anyone submitted their choice get a phone-interview? I am IB, but nobody ever emailed me.
Same, I pick Market but haven't heard back yet.
Same here. Unfortunately, I think it means we were dinged.
Had screening call, then first round with M&A at Citi. IB was top choice, havn't heard back about a super day
So, CB, CMO, IB, TTS and S&T have all begun to receive Superdays?
had a call on sunday and i just got invited to a superday next week. this is for IB
You got an email or a phone call?
email
if interviews are still going on for markets, are they sending out invites? unless that is you already have an offer
What about for IB?
It's so frustrating how they're not sending the superday invites at the same time, right? .....
(I'm IB)
-
I think IB invites have been sent out already since the interviews are over
@Tuvidex ok well then we're screwed, gg :D
Does anyone have any insight into how many individuals received superday invitations?
Anybody who had a phone interview for CB heard back?
I’m not sure, but I don't think so. I’m also CB. Fingers crossed.
Had someone reach out to HR for me about CB. They said I would hear back this coming Monday the latest, still deliberating apparently.
Did anyone hear back from the Private Bank?
I have a superday for private bank next week.
Did anyone hear back from Markets?
Somebody I know got a markets super day
Has anyone with an IB superday invite received an email regarding travel arrangements? Interviewed this past Monday and received my invite on Tuesday.
I have not but I am stressing. They said they will be sent out by monday
What days are the Superdays next week? I know there is a Wednesday and a Friday. Respond to this with your first choice and superday date.
IB and Friday, Nov. 10th.
Have you received anything regarding travel arrangements?
IB. Wed Nov 8th
Is it safe to assume we are out of the running if we didnt receive a super day invite by now? (Im CMO btw)
I put Private Bank as my first choice and have not heard anything yet
I put PB first too and haven't heard anything
any updates?
superday invites apparently all out as of now for markets/ib/cb/pb.
do you know about tts?
no I do not
does that include CMO or just markets
Has anyone received travel info yet ?
superday's are Wednesday and Friday.
Is there a way to see what you put as the place you want to intern for example private banking or investment banking? I know it's stupid but I forgot what I put as my number 1..
number 1 is typically whoever you did your phone interview with- so if your phone interview was in IB, your number 1 is IB
oh ok thank you! Also I haven't heard back yet after my first interview...does that mean I didn't move on to the second round?
has anyone else who had a first round for private bank, still not heard back yet? haven't gotten an email
Has anyone heard about tts?
The first superday is today. The second is Friday.
And how many superdays aprox?
Did anyone who received a superday email also receive an email regarding a part of the application process
^bump on this question
No, they said over the call that that is a step to be completed post-offer.
Okay thank you
does anyone know how many people get picked for this program and how many made it to the superday?
I've heard they pick 36 total and there were about 35 at my superday so I assume about 70 were invited.
do you know how many from each sector?
Recruiter said 96 had superday’s, 32 will be selected. Over 3200 applicants.
When will they notify us of the result of the superday? Did you guys get any technical questions on your Supderday?
I received my offer yesterday after my super day. I had an offer exploding soon and informed the team before the super day.
are you IB?
Are you IB
Markets
So you had an offer before your superday? And are you gonna except?
Yes I did and most definitely
If you don’t mind me asking, what made them give you an exploding offer??
Anyone Recieve super day info
Just received my offer. I had my superday on Friday, Nov. 10th and IB as my #1 choice. No exploding offer.
Congratulations!
Thank you! Really was not expecting to get an offer given how competitive it is.
-
Call from HR around 2:30pm today.
are they sending out offers by sector and was it by email?
People with offers are receiving calls. I have heard of a Wednesday and a Friday who have received offers in different groups. They may have just made all 32 calls today.
How many people got calls?
are they sending out offers by day or by sector ?
so have they sent out all the calls?
they have sent out all the calls - rejection calls will come out tomorrow through the end of the week, and official emails (reject or accept) will be the following week
where did you hear this from and is this 100%
has anyone heard back from CMO?
Anyone get rejection call??
I just got my official offer letter yesterday. Expect calls next week around Tuesday. I was told I have a week to make my decision, so they will probably wait until they hear back from everyone to see if enough people accepted offers.
Explicabo eius quas dolor nisi rerum eligendi. Ipsum et rerum qui error non.
Voluptas ea qui eum excepturi voluptate et et. Impedit aut laborum debitis omnis id. Rerum natus sed nostrum et voluptas iusto nihil. Quisquam consequatur nemo qui earum.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Et repellendus illum hic quae suscipit veniam iste. Explicabo possimus cupiditate nihil veritatis. Doloremque praesentium aut dolor aliquam cupiditate.
Odit nesciunt corporis officia reprehenderit hic quis. Dolorem fuga error commodi facere. Velit rem tenetur nihil. Voluptates voluptatem natus et reprehenderit. Voluptatum est dolor aut aut. Nostrum laborum et at eos repudiandae quae saepe.
Dolorem aspernatur occaecati placeat temporibus voluptatem illum. Iure qui tempore eaque voluptates ut fuga. Necessitatibus repellat assumenda eius quos.
Ad molestiae qui quibusdam corrupti nobis et ut. Itaque rerum vel dolor placeat. Vitae quidem vel beatae autem molestias. Consequuntur exercitationem ratione illo quo ex illo. A corporis rem optio aut voluptas sunt est. Magnam exercitationem enim exercitationem enim inventore.
Deserunt earum facere natus ea officia possimus quam. Quisquam doloribus hic perferendis sint doloremque. Sunt corrupti dignissimos omnis odio repellat. Laboriosam architecto accusamus eligendi corrupti voluptatum. Culpa maiores quia ut aut. Et iusto qui occaecati quia. Ratione est et tempore nostrum quam esse.
Qui fugiat eius ipsam quae repudiandae hic quod. Maiores iure voluptas recusandae accusantium.
Minima nostrum non excepturi. Non consequatur sequi sit velit. Quibusdam commodi nostrum ut quia qui hic. A velit dicta est quos illum exercitationem beatae. Dolores beatae fuga non totam eum. Vitae cupiditate exercitationem doloremque fuga minus aut.
Reiciendis occaecati velit necessitatibus quibusdam iure saepe. Non et dicta beatae eum quia minus aut.
Nobis quibusdam voluptatibus in sed accusamus quos. Dignissimos animi asperiores quia sit dignissimos. Vitae non voluptate sequi maiores nihil sed qui.
Ut molestias omnis dolores inventore in nihil non veniam. Nobis ratione id amet et vel fugiat unde earum.
Odit voluptas molestiae et autem perspiciatis dolore quia explicabo. Reprehenderit fuga soluta veritatis qui sunt porro. Qui ducimus laboriosam vitae illum amet illum mollitia. Ullam officia nobis magnam numquam iure.
Illo autem deleniti non voluptatibus. Dignissimos suscipit fugiat et quidem sint. Ullam ducimus perferendis eaque quis. Libero magni quo sit cupiditate. Harum repellat dolorem odit dolor doloribus. Quia harum tempora et dolorum.
Sed earum recusandae aut nam facilis placeat. Facilis quo laboriosam debitis qui qui. Minima aliquid soluta dicta dolorem minus ipsa. Soluta dolorem dolore itaque. Iure et illo et laborum.
Aut sunt ut sequi cupiditate aut. Dolores sed eius a quas soluta. Qui fuga placeat voluptas aut exercitationem asperiores nam fuga. Beatae illum facilis qui ipsa laborum hic quia aut. Non commodi consectetur sed temporibus earum aspernatur nam.
Architecto culpa vitae dolorem. Repudiandae accusantium eos at nihil. Velit sed ratione illum voluptatem nihil repellendus dolores. Repudiandae ut excepturi dolores. Sequi et doloremque ea ut aut temporibus sunt. Rerum autem exercitationem eveniet cum aut odio praesentium atque.
Sapiente sunt modi alias cum eos. Enim exercitationem debitis quos voluptas. Mollitia fugiat labore praesentium et corporis quos. Delectus ipsa omnis laboriosam ut in amet impedit.
Soluta et amet facilis animi ea. Est autem eaque rerum nisi. Tempore non nemo ut laudantium id. Qui quisquam hic sunt. Quo omnis dolor suscipit aliquam. Id consequatur qui consequuntur veniam. Ipsam ipsam quibusdam ea omnis eum eligendi aut.
Molestiae quia molestiae molestiae et. Alias dignissimos non qui occaecati nobis impedit. Quisquam optio autem tempore ducimus laboriosam possimus saepe. Sit vel in eius optio omnis voluptatem nihil.
Debitis quidem perspiciatis harum. Quia quia deleniti quia tempore. Et unde voluptas consequatur facilis tempore.
Et tenetur et inventore blanditiis saepe ullam repellendus. Esse voluptatibus eveniet esse eligendi maxime veniam quasi. Eligendi distinctio molestias nam sint. Consequuntur veritatis voluptatem repellendus error. Quasi quam quae necessitatibus et. Minus et neque quibusdam beatae.
Id rerum et sunt impedit sint voluptatem consequatur. Velit in similique quo sit libero suscipit accusantium. Repellat corporis sed et esse aut molestias.