WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (136)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Feb 23, 2021 - 4:04pm

Can also confirm a classmate got a first round at a Midwest target (or at least they did an info session).

Once again, the best players are moving quick and fast and sneakily under the radar.

Get your why MM in order or the top dawgs in the "crank a sell side bitch boi analyst til he cries" space will leave you begging for a coffee chat!!

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Feb 24, 2021 - 4:47pm

Definitely got the same vibes too, I think a lot of guys are from the area and are at targets for Baird so their processes are streamlined

Most Helpful
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Feb 25, 2021 - 1:26pm

Hey everyone, I went through this process last cycle and received an offer and am happy to offer my inside information.

Basically the first few "rounds" are very straightforward-some technicals mostly easy behavioral- but the tricky part is that HR dominates this part of the process and your resume still matters a lot. So that's where you have people with good calls get fucked w a ding: because HR only puts so much stock into the junior banker interviews.

Overall this process will wrap up by late April-I'd be shocked if it went into May but you never know.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Feb 27, 2021 - 2:13pm

Sure. Mostly LBO/accounting stuff. Nothing too difficult. They had this weird essay thing I had to do for like an hour which was bullshit where I was tasked with writing about a company I found interesting. Other ppl from my school in years past faced this as well. Some of my incoming SA cohort didn't so idfk what their deal is. HR man

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 3, 2021 - 12:17pm

VP Said to me second rounds for 1st wave of candidates will come in 1-2 weeks. Also plenty of time to network to get in the next wave everyone

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 11, 2021 - 4:04pm

Anyone else receive a first round invite recently? Or know when further invites / initial invites will be sent out

Mar 16, 2021 - 3:48pm

I go to a non-target and am non-diversity and received a phone screen/first round today.

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 16, 2021 - 9:58pm

I interviewed with an associate from the MKE office late feb. 15min call he asked me

Resume walkthrough, why banking, why MM, why baird. Honestly I gave good answers to all of them so to not get a second round sucks but if I was in the Milwaukee office process then fuck that. Good luck, this bank has such a weird process

• Intern in IB - Ind
Mar 23, 2021 - 8:27pm

Had phone screen for Chicago now; feeling good about getting a second round, but you never know.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 24, 2021 - 10:43pm

At least you guys got phone screens, I networked and didn't even get one :(. Y'all good tho, early on in the process and a lot of time to prep for other processes

Mar 25, 2021 - 1:50am

My sentiment exactly lol

I would reccomend you ask the interviwer for feedback. I did so and my guy sent back some good stuff. Coulda been bullshit I suppose but considering the length of the email and applicability to my specific scenario I'm thinking not

Mar 25, 2021 - 1:49am

Nondiversity non-target here. Had 15 min first round / phone screen 2 nights ago, got the axe from the process within 24 hours of the interview. Talked to 2 associates and 1 analyst prior to this. Everything went fine in the interview but based on this thread I suspect my resume was the issue (I'm an engineering major so my work experience was all over the place and not super finance oriented until recently).

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 29, 2021 - 12:59pm

Talked to someone last week for a first round. More conversational than an interview, but was told they are conducting first rounds right now and to expect non-target Superdays ~1 month.

Apr 1, 2021 - 4:23am

Just wanted to go ahead and add some of my data points for anyone curious. 

Had my first round phone screen on March 16th, had my second round yesterday. Was all behavioral and tbh most of it was just me talking about random shit with the analyst/associate I was with. Was told that next step would be a super and those would be conducted ~late April or early May he didn't say when notification would come out but he did say that from this point on it was in the hands of HR.

I'm a non-diversity at a non-target and I didn't network, so I can confirm that it's relatively reasonable for people to get to this point with just a solid resume + good interviews. I'm an Engineering + Finance major and I've been working at a respected MM PE firm (on M&A team) that Baird deals with alot since Feb 2020. 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 1, 2021 - 8:04am

could you please give any insights into your second round? what are some questions you were asked and were they behavioral or technical?

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 1, 2021 - 3:45pm

How long after your first round did you hear about your second? I had my first on the 22nd and haven't heard back 

Apr 1, 2021 - 3:54pm

Had R1 on March 16, got my second contact on March 27

Idk how its structured on Barid's end, but from the convo I had with the second one it seems like the interviewers talk to each other or at least share notes before they move ahead to the second round. My R2 interviewer brought up a lot of the things I talked about in my R1 and asked me to delve into a bit more detail (specifically got drilled a bit on both my public and private market transaction experience at my current employer). And for me at least R1 and R2 interviewers were from different offices. So I'd give it a week or 2 before you start getting stressed about not getting another email.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 2, 2021 - 9:42am

I think you should be able to tell if you moved on or not by how well the conversation went. But, I hear they are good at communicating if you were dinged so perhaps 1-2 weeks? In any case, you could always follow up mid April for an update... if you get ghosted, oh well.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 5, 2021 - 12:54pm

Anyone heard back on the decision whether selected for superday or not?

Apr 13, 2021 - 9:01am

Had an interview with Baird non target non diversity. Went really well and the interviewer said he recommended me and put me in touch with two more bankers to get to know on his team. HR hit me with a rejection and the interviewer said that it's typical at the bank for good interviews to mean nothing for superday. Why interview candidates then? Anyone else have this experience?

Apr 13, 2021 - 1:48pm

I literally had this exact experience. The interview I had went very well and then I got the rejection email from HR.  I reached out to the guy who interviewed me and the others I talked to at Baird cuz it seems like bullshit

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 14, 2021 - 6:58pm

Did first round on Zoom today. Said they would get back in 24-48 hours about decision and superdays are next week. Seems like a quick process.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (204) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (422) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (340) $82