Comments (676)

Jul 31, 2019 - 4:55pm

From what I heard:
Evercore Toronto, GS Toronto, UBS and JPM Calgary are Open.
Morgan Stanley Toronto just closed

Array

Jul 31, 2019 - 4:56pm

Let's get the ball rolling. This is what I know so far regarding recruitment

TD - Accelerated + diversity has started
Citibank - Accelerated recruitment has begun

Array

Aug 1, 2019 - 8:37pm

Spoke w Director at Barclays Toronto (alum from non-target) - 3 Toronto positions, 1 Calgary position. Recruitment to ramp up mid-late August apparently, heavy in Ivey recruiting but I was told I'd be included in process. National is sometime in August too, spoke w head recruiter and 3 MDs. 1 associate told me they're adding an aptitude test this year to apps. Speaking w BMO VP in coming week to figure out their schedule for recruitment.

I don't have connections at Scotia, or CIBC. Only ER connections at RBC.

I'd love to hear how recruitment is going for everyone else.

Array

Aug 2, 2019 - 9:40am

Does anyone know what the status is on BAML's recruiting process for Toronto? It doesn't look like their website has Toronto SA apps open but I've received emails saying that the apps are open from my school.

Aug 2, 2019 - 10:57am

I didn't see anything on their website yet for IB recruitment, i expect something to launch this month. I would assume however that they are probably starting target recruitment very shortly which is why you are getting emails from your school

Array

Aug 2, 2019 - 11:10am

Right that would make sense. Thing is I thought it was target recruitment, but it was simply a reminder that "Apps are now live, made on rolling basis so apply early!". Problem is that puts me and probably many others in the same boat as you, as it looks like the only apps open are for NYC, Houston, LA, SF and Palo Alto. I'm sure CDN will start soon though!

Aug 2, 2019 - 9:53am

Not really sure for Winter 2020, but my understanding was that Big 5s won't be done until October cause they go to targets in September for OCR. They may have an accelerated process, but I have no knowledge of that at the moment.

Aug 8, 2019 - 1:22pm

RBC just opened yesterday to everyone.
I'm assuming they already did recruiting at targets

Array

Aug 6, 2019 - 12:35pm
  • hirevues for jp morgan & goldman have gone out to some applicants (rolling basis)
  • bmo SA 2020 postings have started to go up for schools
Array

Aug 9, 2019 - 1:35pm

if you have the profile you will definitely have a shot. Im not sure if the canadian banks have a specific sophomore SA program like banks in the US have , but i know people that have got internships at canadian banks the summer before junior year

Array

Aug 11, 2019 - 11:22pm

BAML canada applications arent out yet, they have a reception this Wednesday so i think the applications will be out after that. Citi Toronto's apps drop next week, Calgary has given first rounds but then they ghosted everyone? Idk whats happening there tbh

Array

Aug 19, 2019 - 12:39am

Any idea if Citi Calgary still sending out more 1st rounds? Got my application in after your comment (Aug 11) :(

Array

Aug 19, 2019 - 12:38am

Any info on interview/superday timeline for GS Calgary? I know GS Toronto is pretty much wrapped up now

Array

Aug 12, 2019 - 8:53am

the guys at GS TO said that Canada-wide, they want to be wrapped up before school starts the first week of September

Good luck to your friend!

Array

Aug 22, 2019 - 5:02am

CIBC running a soft process for Winter 20 and Summer 20. Sent a resume drop to everyone who came to their on campus summer event. uw/wlu

Array

Aug 14, 2019 - 1:54pm

Has anyone finished the questionnaire for National - finishing it later tonight and wondering what the response rate is like for first rounds.

Array

Aug 14, 2019 - 3:19pm

i have a friend who finished it yesterday; didn't hear back anything yet, but they seem to be recruiting earlier this year and it is rolling basis so maybe something soon

Array

Aug 15, 2019 - 11:51am

BAML TO up on my school website few days ago as well. Anybody got info on Calgary offices for Big 5? The

Array

Aug 19, 2019 - 12:36am

Heard from contacts at some of those banks that interviews won't be until last week of September

Array

Aug 19, 2019 - 12:35am

Any info on JPM Calgary interview timeline? Posting said they were considering interviews on rolling basis but no one I know has heard back after 2-3 weeks of having sent the application.

Array

Aug 21, 2019 - 8:00pm

networking events take place early-mid september so i expect it to happen right after that

Array

Aug 21, 2019 - 7:10pm

I am a little confused. How is recruitment already near finishing if On-Campus Recruitment in September has yet to even happen?

Also if anyone has any insight on Scotiabank's recruitment I would greatly appreciate it.

Aug 22, 2019 - 12:59pm

Does anyone else have a problem with the Citi IBSA link? I've deadass tried to submit this thing ~10x and it won't submit

Array

Aug 23, 2019 - 9:34am

Hey, was speaking with an analyst and Md at bmo who head up recruiting and they said that majors don't really matter anymore... is that what other are hearing as well? Find it hard to believe

Aug 23, 2019 - 12:43pm

Did you apply online or on campus recruitment? I didn't see a posting for MS Calgary online. Target?

Array

Aug 27, 2019 - 10:08am

TD and scotia have both launched at my school (semi-target) . pretty sure they are only campus recruitment applications, not "global" postings on their website

Array

Aug 27, 2019 - 10:38am

has anyone heard back from national bank after completing the survey/screen?

Array

Aug 28, 2019 - 3:05pm

I can't handle the stress of recruitment anymore, so im not going to apply to any banks. Good luck everyone and glad you find this page useful.

I am putting all my eggs in one basket - a firm in Los angeles

cheers

Array

Aug 31, 2019 - 9:34am

usually the postings will go out at same time , but full time deadlines are quicker and offers are handed out before or at the same time as SA at the latest

Array
Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Girlfriend vs PE
+101PEby Investment Analyst in Private Equity - Growth Equity">Investment Analyst in PE - Growth
First year analyst, still feel incompetent and like I haven’t learned anything
+33IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Friends in IB are chilling hard, how can I get this?
+21IBby 3rd+ Year Associate in Private Equity - LBOs">Associate 3 in PE - LBOs
Q&A: Associate at MM Private Equity fund
+18PEby 1st Year Associate in Private Equity - LBOs">Associate 1 in PE - LBOs

Total Avg Compensation

January 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (31) $349
  • Associates (141) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (88) $152
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (19) $150
  • Intern/Summer Associate (90) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (348) $132