Credit Suisse 2020 SA Recruiting
Hello, has anyone heard back from the initial online assessment yet? Was interested in both NY and SF offices.
Keywords
Hello, has anyone heard back from the initial online assessment yet? Was interested in both NY and SF offices.
| +86 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 52 | 13h |
| +86 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 19 | 11h |
| +71 | You should probably leave IB | 26 | 22h |
| +49 | McK vs A&M Offer Decision | 25 | 7h |
| +45 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 10 | 1d |
| +43 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 3d |
| +41 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 30 | 15h |
| +24 | How much should you ask questions / seek feedback as an intern? | 8 | 1d |
| +24 | Banking (Un)fortunately Still Needs You: My Case for Bankers in the AI Era | 3 | 1d |
| +23 | UBS IB #24 in US M&A in 2026 | 8 | 17h |
Career Resources
Did online assessment about a week ago—nothing back yet.
Haven’t heard back either
,.
lol no I didn't finish them either I wouldn't think most would be able to either?—doubtful they are that important?
Nope, didn't even get close to finishing.
What was the assessment about? Math stuff or what. Gotta take it this week
It's a combination of verbal, math, and personality. I think they used pymetrics
How long after applying do you get notified about the assessment?
I got notified 2 days later
Heard from a VP that they are taking recruiting lightly now (diversity, women), they are ramping it up towards the fall
Superdays for diversity are this Friday; similar to last year. Core recruiting in July and Non-core in Aug - Sept.
Hey what was the link for the assessment? Applied recently and have not been asked to complete
SF office is wrapping up.
Chicago office is done
Any updates on NYC?
NYC spring round offers are all given out. Summer/Fall are still TBA.
+1 can confirm, heard next wave of superday invites will go out July
Damn that long? Okay. Thanks.
I heard from a VP that the process is rolling and will continue for the next couple of months. That is incorrect?
I mean that's just what I've heard. Banks don't do tons of superdays. An early spring superday, mid-summer superday, and late summer superday is about as "rolling" as it gets. What do you expect by the definition of rolling
Got offer from CS SF on Friday, think it was the last spot, but may be wrong
Congrats. I'm jealous that you have wrapped recruiting this early.
Yes, and if they're sending out superday invites on July 1st as mentioned before, first rounds will have to take place in the next couple weeks.
Does anyone know when London/EMEA recruiting starts?
Interested as well.
am also interested
Sponsors is nearly full in NY, SF is done, and rest of recruiting will kick off the first week of July but spots are filling up quickly
"kick off" as in first rounds will be sent out during the first week of July?
The applications are still open so I'm assuming they're having multiple superdays a little later than July 1st?
Does the FIG group at CS have its own, separate recruiting process? If so, how does it work and does anyone know the timeline?
Has anyone recently gotten a first round for CS? When will they be handing them out?
I have not and am still waiting, any insight?
i've heard from a contact that they are waiting until early august, but he's not as connected to recruiting as others are
So has nobody heard back yet about first rounds or anything?
Which office are you guys referring to?
NYC. According to another commenter, superday invites are July 1st. However, I haven't even heard anything about a first-round...
Same.
Did anyone get a superday invite today?
I have not even had a phone screen/first round. Are you a non-target that applied for the second wave?
@Laro98 I applied for the July wave -- was told by HR "My team will update you by early July on the next steps" I had three phone screens in June.
I've reached out to a contact to see how everything is shaping out and looks. I'll let you all know when I hear back.
Alright, sounds good.
Is anyone having trouble with CS emails? About 3 times now I've tried to send a follow up email to my cold emails and I'm met with an error message from the receiver. I find it hard to believe that all these people are jumping ship in the last 2 weeks.
Yeah - have that problem with all my contacts there.
Contact of mine at JP Morgan told me a lot of banks are starting to not let outside emails into their servers unless its going to someone in HR/recruiting. Credit Suisse could have adopted this recently for security purposes.
Just got an update email from CS requesting to fill out a special form. It was in reference to connections. Assuming superday updates will come soon.
"Thank you for participating in the selection process for our 2020 Americas IBCM Summer Analyst - New York Investment Banking-127881 position. To help us comply with regulatory and legal requirements, we are obligated to collect some additional information. Please note: we cannot proceed with your application for Credit Suisse until you have completed and submitted the required information. Therefore we kindly ask you to complete the following information within 48hrs."
Hadn't heard from them in three weeks till that.
I received an email a couple days ago from them saying I'm not moving on in the application process. Granted, I am a rising sophomore, but I'm assuming they've narrowed their pool of applicants. This was the first time I've heard from them since applying mid June.
Received same email about government connections.
It was followed pretty quickly about a virtual first round via web ex on either the 16th or 17th. First round interviews were released.
Yeah, sorry. I received an email with a request to complete a compliance form.
Once I submitted that, campus recruitment sent me a first round interview request.
The first email came at around 3 EST (Compliance). The first round interview request came at 4.
Hope that clears it up.
Makes sense. Thanks
What were you referring to about the 16th and 17th? Is that when you got the email? Thought people got that email today?
Yes, the first round's (webex) are on the 16th and 17th.
Ohhhh. Got it. Thanks man
Anybody else receive a first round besides nontarget?
have a first round scheduled for next week for NYC office. Not really a target (West Coast think UCLA / USC / Cal)
1st round scheduled Monday as well
what does your application status say?
Mine says application in progress. Phone call with MD on Monday, so we'll see.
Any word on the S&T timeline? I spoke with HR some time back and they said applicants should hear back around September.
Anyone heard back from Capital Markets?
Any update on what CS FIG (Financial Institutions Group) is doing for their process? I heard they recruit separately
Separate as in later or earlier?
No clue, I'm trying to figure it out with any monkeys on here who might have insight into how it works
Anybody have their first-round yet? If so, behavioral, technical?
I had it yesterday! Zero technical questions. However, it was probably the most intense and personally shaped qualitative questions of this entire process. I'd recommend having two stories and examples for all basic questions.
Any updates on IBCM?
Heard recruitment starts later, can't confirm for a fact tho
Any insight on when the superdays are for NYC IB?
Had CS NY IB finished sending all 1st round invites?
Heard it will start in August from a VP
so there is another round of 1st round invites in Aug? or you mean superday is in Aug
^^^^ I have heard couple of people getting invited for 1st rounds recently
.
If I have a recommendation from a CS employee, does that guarantee me a first round invite?
Received a first round invite last week for Capital Markets; digital interview (not hirevue, web conference) that was scheduled for Monday the 15.
Withdrew my candidacy but thought it'd be helpful for those interested in ECM/DCM to know
My friend at CS told me NY office is only taking ~5 IB SA. good luck
5 total? For the whole NY office? That has to be incorrect...
I thought it sounded way off too, but he's an IB analyst involved with recruiting so I assume he's right. Said they're taking a lot less this 2020 SA class than usual
Anybody hear about the S&T timeline?
following
Applied long ago and still no update
Completed the assessment recently. I would guess video interviews should be coming out soon based off what the recruiter told me.
Anyone else just receive superday invite? NY Office
Superday invites went out.
What division is the superday invite for?
Did you already have your Superday? If so, do you have any advice/tips? I have mine this Thu for IBCM.
Had first round on Wednesday and received my Superday invite for IBCM on July 25th at the NYC office. I’m a little panicked because my first round was pretty technical and I’m sure Superday is going to be even more technical. Any tips?
Is your first round a phone interview or video interview with analyst?
First round was a webex video call with a VP
I applied late june and I still haven't received any interviews. Any idea what my position will be?
Anyone got superday for Capital Market yet?
Does CS do hirevues?
Nope: online assessment -> first round video call interview -> Superday
Can someone share which groups have started interviewing?
Sponsors, REGAL, FIG all have separate processes but general IBCM is going as well
Any word on S&T?
Have you received online assessment for S&T?
I have not. Was it only for CS targets?
Anyone received a call this afternoon from IBCM?
yes
deleted
Anyone have an idea on when to expect a response from CS in regards to the superday on (7/25)?
Associate told me that either today or tomorrow, but met someone at superday who said that HR told her next week so have no idea
Anyone hear back from the superday? .
Anybody hear anything from yesterday’s superday
Everybody told me different things about when to expect offers.. but I think it's going to be early next week.
An Analyst said next week. (2-10 days was the exact reply).
May I ask what questions were asked?
anticipation is killing me
chill bro. literally everyone had great conversations with interviewers on the super day.
Same here. I hope today is the day!!
Capital markets or IBCM
anyone hear back from last week's superday?
No
Nope
My friend is a current summer analyst and she said it took her a week (5 business days) to hear back
Nope
Has anyone heard back yet from the 7/25 superday?
Is CS having another superday this week?
Has anyone applying to APAC heard back from OT?
Did you receive the Online Test right after you submitted the application?
Yup, still no info yet
If anybody hears back please let us know
Yes pls. Pretty sure we can expect decisions tmro. Very strange it takes them so long..
I think they had a very strong candidate pool this superday
My friend is an analyst there and she told me that it might be taking longer because sophomore analysts are expected to accept/decline return offers by Friday and then they'll be letting us know because that opens up more spots. But literally its all I've been thinking about like every minute of the day so hopefully we won't be kept in suspense any longer....
Contact at CS emailed me late last night and said I should be hearing back soon. Not sure what "soon" entailed but was hoping it would be today / tomorrow
Omg still nothing
So so anxious ahhhh
Just got a call from an associate with an offer. Best of luck to you guys!
At around what time if you don’t mind me asking?
Just received a call like 15 mins ago, so ~1:30pm ET!
are offers by group?
I did group-specific recruiting and the associate was one of the guys I interviewed with!
which group was it?
Will CS be handing out more first rounds? Or is it over
I did group specific interviews within IBCM and when I spoke with my contact there before the superday, he said that they were considering potentially doing an extra round of superdays but he didn't say anything about first rounds, so I would assume no but that's far from confirmed
did you hear back yet?
Did anyone get a call for IBCM?
My friend is waiting to hear back. Did you?
Nope ughhh but also feel better knowing the call was group-specific and not IBCM lol
No they haven’t made offers Yet for IBCM
does anyone know when the offers will start to come out?
WE WISH. All ive gotten from anyone at CS is "soon" lol
Anyone else hear today?
can someone email HR? or probably we are just waitlisted
I spoke with HR earlier this week and they told me they would let us know decisions by end of week but I still haven't heard anything...
God I hope we weren't waitlisted
has anyone heard anything from their ER division?
wanna know as well
Wondering too
Spoke to my friend who's a current summer analyst and she said internships ended today.. she thinks they're dealing with that and then doing new hire offers next week: for IBCM.
Non voluptatem earum excepturi id. Quaerat perspiciatis sunt aut beatae et. Excepturi molestiae voluptatem velit atque tempora.
Veritatis incidunt sapiente eligendi perferendis. Aut suscipit aut illo culpa maiores eum. Autem placeat voluptatem laborum excepturi nostrum incidunt. Dicta voluptatem temporibus consequatur. Dignissimos ab porro tempore est. Dolorum accusamus ullam repellendus blanditiis qui.
Aut omnis enim sit. Quasi sed eum non eum numquam et omnis. Ut ut modi vel ex dolore.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
In voluptatem excepturi sit corporis eos ratione esse reprehenderit. Distinctio consequatur voluptate provident ad nostrum deserunt fugiat doloribus. Consequatur expedita sequi dolore sit aut et magni id.
Ratione repellat quas enim nemo expedita. Et assumenda numquam blanditiis molestiae harum vero. Et suscipit libero minima exercitationem possimus minus necessitatibus maxime. Incidunt doloribus ea provident fugiat. Totam repellat et at dolorum molestiae.
Quo et autem reiciendis quibusdam et. Eos iusto ullam ut.
Enim maiores et voluptas dignissimos qui recusandae mollitia commodi. Qui rerum est explicabo fugiat placeat. Et cupiditate aut quia ut rerum. Eaque laudantium non exercitationem aut soluta.
Dolorem maiores ducimus pariatur sit debitis suscipit repellendus. Velit rem dolores qui libero ipsa eaque iusto. Qui voluptate officia illo. Non quibusdam at saepe qui. Et quasi sunt rerum sed quis deserunt quos. Reprehenderit aut laborum qui sunt sit.
Vel hic qui illum fugit quidem. Voluptas enim consequatur iure quaerat voluptas nam. Enim sed dolore et eum ab sapiente.
Ut officia labore atque eum. Voluptas qui qui sapiente ipsum ratione aliquam quia. Ut provident ut rerum quae.
Aut facere corrupti dolor praesentium consequatur. Ipsum quo mollitia id dolores architecto soluta voluptatem. Tenetur voluptas vitae voluptatum totam debitis illo.
Voluptas excepturi adipisci et dolorem sunt quis. Ipsum sint voluptas quos et reiciendis aut in. Quo atque iure rerum suscipit eum dolorem quia. Velit quas aperiam est et et iste sit.
Ipsa mollitia itaque magnam ut. Optio optio nulla in dicta. Dolores dolores enim consequuntur quo odio blanditiis ut. Modi distinctio qui quis aliquam perspiciatis dignissimos nulla. Eaque et consequatur et odio. Reiciendis voluptatem et saepe nihil dignissimos inventore at. Architecto recusandae numquam aspernatur quos.
Voluptates in non facilis magni modi. Nihil ut voluptatum doloribus ea eius numquam. Tempora minima porro ut dolor velit et maxime quia. Mollitia quibusdam similique soluta soluta aliquid rerum. Earum porro odio voluptatem aliquam. Error hic quis cupiditate recusandae praesentium pariatur sunt.
Rerum optio delectus autem aspernatur. Ea doloribus harum placeat libero aut.
Rerum quisquam alias laudantium facilis dicta. Cumque velit est et cumque. Consequatur facilis iusto officia facere.
Sequi fugit nam non non dolorem quisquam. Vero aut suscipit ut consequatur alias eveniet libero. Magni ea et explicabo ut delectus.
Voluptatem optio nihil hic voluptas ut ex est. Velit dolore facilis impedit sunt a voluptatibus. Pariatur nam ab aperiam perferendis corrupti ex. Sit sunt omnis voluptas architecto hic repellat.
Est molestias et a natus tempore consequatur dicta ipsa. Provident impedit suscipit quod quisquam optio quod.
Dolorem repudiandae aut consequatur vel. Qui quia et occaecati veniam. Repellat numquam autem ducimus.
Provident odio voluptatibus asperiores corporis dolores aut dolorem. Necessitatibus veritatis est animi. Ullam modi laborum culpa totam ipsum sit quo. Mollitia quo minima omnis.
Ullam corrupti saepe ut consequatur libero. Autem rem ratione magnam qui dolore ea. Eos in facere totam. Autem nulla animi debitis et. Nisi odio quod quisquam est exercitationem sint.
Quibusdam minima ducimus est doloribus molestiae iure est sed. Accusamus magni veniam ab impedit fugit id sed. Earum modi ex et laudantium error. Velit et facilis iste omnis. Rerum rerum modi ut velit omnis neque autem repellendus.