Goldman Sachs Veterans Integration Program 2016

Hi all,

I found a thread on here for the 2015 Veterans Integration Program and couldn't find anything for the 2016 Program. The application just closed, so I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that is in the same boat and waiting to hear something.

Please share and feel free to PM me!

I'm transitioning in January so I applied as well and am currently attempting to connect with past participants. I reached out to everyone who appeared to have been close to the program or had been accepted from WSO, but it looks like most had only a couple posts last year researching and then became inactive on the forum. I was also annoyed to learn that even with a premium account you can't unlimited search on LinkedIn so I have to wait until the first to dig deeper...

Anyway, I'm with you - I'd like to learn more, it seems like a great opportunity.

undefined:

I'm transitioning in January so I applied as well and am currently attempting to connect with past participants. I reached out to everyone who appeared to have been close to the program or had been accepted from WSO, but it looks like most had only a couple posts last year researching and then became inactive on the forum. I was also annoyed to learn that even with a premium account you can't unlimited search on LinkedIn so I have to wait until the first to dig deeper...

Anyway, I'm with you - I'd like to learn more, it seems like a great opportunity.

Search on Google, redirects you to their linkedin page. restrict search results to linkedin

Also got the invite for phone interview. Email said I should receive another email between Nov 30 and Dec 4 for scheduling. However, I have not heard anything yet. Has anyone got their interview scheduled?

I had my first round phone interview today. It went well. Not sure if the next step is another round on the phone or the superday itself, but we'll see.

Congrats to everyone who's moving forward!

Best Response

Just had my phone interview, I think it went well. My interviewer was very friendly and had a pretty similar military background to me which helped.

First question he asked was if I was pursuing an MBA, and advised to be up front about it if I wasn't pursuing a full-time hire position because some people try and pretend they're interested in full-time even though they already know they are going to B school. The rest was pretty standard walk me through your resume/why Goldman and then some behavioral questions. He also let me ask 3-4 questions at the end. Interview lasted 40 minutes.

He mentioned that if selected to go on, there may be more phone interviews with MD's or possibly just superday depending on the specific divisions.

I had my phone interview today, too, and it went really well. My interviewer mentioned that they received around 1,000 applications.

I got the same impression... there could be more phone interviews before the superday, but it all depends on which divisions show interest in your resume.

Did anyone hear the date for the superday?

Guys, I have not received any email from them for scheduling the interview. The previous email said I should receive an email between Nov 30 and Dec 4. I don't have much time left today. Does this mean that they decided not to call me, even though they sent me a congratulations email. Did everyone in here get their interview scheduling email on time as mentioned in congratulations email?

Just had my phone interview. Went 49 minutes and was extremely relaxed - just a good conversation with a few questions intertwined. Hoping we don't actually have to wait until the 23rd to hear back from HR.

Also, had the phone interview with a prior service member not in the divisions I applied to. Seemed more of a basic background check and a conversation. Asked a few questions at the end, but seemed to go well.

Had my phone interview on the 3rd and it went VERY well. As others have said we will not find out if we move on to the next round until 23 Dec. They said that super day would be mid-Jan and that the VIP offers get extended 4 Feb (not 100% sure on that last date but right in that time-frame).

2 weeks of waiting, good luck to everyone.

I finally had my first screening call today. It went well. Lasted about 35 minutes. It was basic like everyone else here. He threw in some very basic technical questions as well, since I had it in my resume. He told me I will have 1 more interview for understanding of my technical background, and then the superday. He said I should hear before next week for more. prp23p, how did the second round interview go? How long did it last? Will have my status posted once I get further notice.

Dkafle6141, so I don't necessarily think it was a second round interview. I actually had this call before the behavioral/fit call. He was a VP from a back office division and he stated that he picked a few resumes from the batch that might be a good fit for the division. I told him that I was interested and after that he said he would put me on the list of interested candidates. He wasn't planning to ask me any fit questions because he knew my other call would handle it. Pretty short call: 10-15 minutes.

I put down two divisions because I wasn't sure how many we even could choose. I am interested in a third. Think it's worth reaching out at this point?

Interesting that you got a call like that prp23p. I would take that as a very good sign.

And the Dec 23 date was in the email notification from prior to the phone call, which is why some mentioned that.

Hello,

Thank you for applying to the 2016 Goldman Sachs Veterans Integration Program. We apologize for the delay in providing a status update for your application. You will be notified with an update on your status by December 31st. We thank you for your patience through this process.

Best Regards, Goldman Sachs Veterans Integration Program Team

My invite required that applicants RSVP by the 27th so it may be that you've essentially been wait-listed pending the results. With that said, this is my first experience with such things and I could be way off.

Army Infantry JMO with a BS in Electrical Engineering and a BA in English from a Top 40 LAC. MBA from non target in Switzerland. Networked with a handful of folks from my alma mater up to the MD level and applied to FO divisions. Received invite to the Operations superday, which admittedly I hadn't really initially been considering, but I am still very excited to be moving forward and hope I can secure the offer! Good luck to everyone!

From what I understand most of the guys that got FO invites were pretty stacked with ivy pedigrees and Special Ops experience.

USMC pilot, 11 years. BA not in business. Working on transitioning for an MBA, which led to hearing about this program. Applied NYC IMD and IBD. With age and experience, I was advised by someone I know in NY IBD that an MBA is a solid way to go with Summer Associate work rather than going intern to analyst. I'll keep shooting for a top MBA program and if this works out, cross that bridge when I get to it.

Hey Guys, I'm a little late to the party. I just got my superday invite today to interview with Operations (my first choice). I'm a 16 year USMC Help pilot taking the early out this Summer. Good luck to everyone moving forward.

I just got an email saying I was selected as an alternate. This was different than yesterday's email, but still had the 31st as a deadline. Looks like the wait list theory was right.

Yeah, I thought my interviews went really well and sent all five of the interviewers thank you notes - not one of them replied so not sure if they're instructed by HR not to reply until the word goes out or if I just went 0/5 with them.

Like many before, I too am still waiting to hear back. Resigning myself to think I am now no longer a candidate is the option forward. Congrats to those who have been provided updates, and better yet, confirmation they're moving forward.

They said we'd hear the last week in January and they've been nearly to the minute on releasing results of each round so far - I don't think anyone has heard back so I wouldn't worry quite yet.

I got friendly but ambiguous replies to my thank you emails. No official word yet either way. I really don't expect anything until tomorrow at the earliest, and am guessing it will be Friday when announcements go out considering they went right to their deadline on the superday invites.

At least I have 2 and a half feet of snow to shovel to distract me in the meantime!

Did anyone else get an email today from Pria Shah saying:

Thank you for taking the time to interview for the 2016 Goldman Sachs Veterans Integration Program. As an update – you will be notified of your status following interviews by Friday January 29th.

Waitlist maybe?

The To line of the email was 2016 VIP Candidates , which seems to be a standard distro list. I don't think it's a waitlist, but not sure. I suspect phones will be ringing through Friday evening, at which point everyone will have either received an offer or been cut. Cheers to a suspenseful week!

I received the exact same email myself today. I could not decipher the message either. At first, it looked like a waitlist to me as well, but "To" of email is for VIP candidates in general, so still got hope. Anyway, the email says, by Jan 29th, meaning the offer could be made anytime tomorrow and day after. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all !!

I don't have data on that, but they said something similar to me last year and did not follow-up. If you're serious about working at Goldman, I'd recommend leveraging the contacts you made during this process and immediately applying for direct hire positions, possibly in different locations.

Niler:

I don't have data on that, but they said something similar to me last year and did not follow-up. If you're serious about working at Goldman, I'd recommend leveraging the contacts you made during this process and immediately applying for direct hire positions, possibly in different locations.

Spot on. However, I want to challenge everyone in this thread to consider something. Are you doing it BC it solely of the name "Goldman"? What are your goals? Do you want to be in a revenue generating position? Or the Goldman name is enough?

There are equally great brands w advertised and unadvertised vet programs (JPM, BAC, C, BCG, McKinsey, etc).

Question for ya. I am enlisted got out 2013, just finished my BBA Finance already in NYC, Interned at a small middle market from april 2015 - dec 2015. Was hired as an analyst Jan 2016. I am looking to apply to the veteran integration program this year. would you be willing to take a look at my resume for me? If you can it would be a great help.

Or maybe just give me some pointers on things you put down.

Totam ratione dolores ut dolorum provident nostrum. Nulla ipsum officiis magni. Qui perspiciatis aut illum velit vel.

Est tenetur veritatis sequi ut. Officiis tempora reiciendis vero laudantium quos voluptatem quaerat. Architecto quod natus nobis enim est sit.

Corrupti ut ipsa et qui aut soluta est. Qui iusto aut vel. Vel vel inventore facere soluta.

Eum omnis quis veritatis velit quo suscipit labore sunt. Iusto unde est sed magni vero dignissimos. Doloribus distinctio perferendis ipsam sunt iure facilis. Delectus voluptas eos asperiores inventore.

Molestiae dolorem non aspernatur eligendi quia sed. Impedit tenetur quidem rerum sit quis. Eaque sed nihil quaerat.

Magni expedita et culpa. Dolorum quia asperiores voluptas aut sed nemo id. Quibusdam expedita placeat ex est a minima.

Blanditiis culpa in facere. Et minima optio voluptatem minima natus aut sunt. Ad mollitia et molestiae quod dolorem nihil ut.

Et perspiciatis impedit iure vero consectetur sunt quia. Aut ab eaque quo. Laudantium ut et sed quos aut.

Inventore iste velit ad blanditiis nisi. Ipsum aperiam aut qui error. Excepturi natus totam error neque quia. Consequuntur impedit deleniti culpa et beatae. Vitae et dolorem sunt.

Nostrum assumenda quidem nesciunt qui officia dolores deleniti fugiat. Autem sunt qui laborum reiciendis praesentium et. Eum repellat enim natus omnis. Modi repudiandae non sint fugit. Ut quae est incidunt ipsum. Illum est dolores est hic qui rem et. Cupiditate dignissimos iure sapiente consectetur.

Dolor omnis asperiores expedita eos ut pariatur. Quibusdam est ut occaecati et totam delectus et. Quo qui rerum qui at eligendi vitae. Excepturi corrupti commodi qui architecto magnam molestiae amet. Tempore corporis ipsam quia optio corrupti ratione et. Voluptatem dignissimos molestiae dolores.

Et velit quaerat suscipit delectus eos est quos. Amet dolores vitae architecto saepe. Accusantium quo aut et occaecati voluptatibus iste velit. Hic quis officiis quis. Illo labore et eligendi voluptas consequatur.

Quia ut sit exercitationem corrupti quia qui vel quam. Perferendis hic dicta quae consequatur officia eveniet et. Dicta in non est non qui eum. Cum est sed quos voluptas. Voluptas odit eveniet molestiae atque. Qui alias enim minus quis explicabo sit.

Quo placeat sit eius commodi. Fugiat sit odit unde.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”