Hi guys, sophomore at non-target here.
I submitted my2019 yesterday and just got invited to do a video interview. Anyone else get the video interview? Also, will there be another phone interview after this or ?
Any insight or advice is appreciated.
J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Interview Process
Anyone going through the WSO IB forum. Congratulations on making the decision to compete with thousands of other intelligent humans to break into this industry. Although there's no 100% set standard, the general process goes: Application--HireVue--Phone Interview--Superday.IBD application and interview process probably knows what to expect. You've done your research. You've networked with any contact you could think of. You've been active on the
Video Interview Tips
With more and more candidates getting invited to do a HireVue, it's becoming even more important to set yourself apart during this stage. It may seem obvious, but the best candidates treat the video interview like an in-person interview. That means professional dress, professional environment and professional answers. Here are some things to consider before and during the interview:
- Make sure you have a quiet and clean place to record the interview
- Ensure your camera and microphone work
- Practice answers to common behavioral questions
- Maintain eye contact with the camera
- Speak clearly, confidently and concisely
- You may only get one chance to record, so stay calm and confident no matter what happens
Hear direct from JP Morgan here:
Video Interview Questions
In this round of interviews, you're unlikely to encounter technical questions. Instead, most questions seem to be behavioral in nature. Most banks have moved beyond the generic, "Why investment banking?" question. Check out our forum here where community members have submitted some actual JP Morgan HireVue interview questions.
Community member @PotatoSalad shares the questions he received:
- Talk about a time when you solved a problem and had to incorporate a diverse set of perspectives in the solution
- Give me a sales pitch on something you're interested in
- Talk about a time when you solved a complex problem and explain how you arrived at a solution
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
Check out WSO's investment banking interview course for access to 10+ hours of videos, 203+ technical questions and over 127 detailed behavioral questions and answers.