Q&A: PE/VC FoF Principal
I figured I would host a Q&A about the FoF and LP world to see if my experience can shed some light on WSO juniors figuring out their path since I feel like there's not a ton of insight into that side of the PE industry and most people here just focus on getting a GP job. A bit about me:
- Ivy undergrad (majored in a social science, very little undergrad training in finance, business, econ, etc), T15 MBA
- Lived abroad for a year after college teaching English
- Four years pre-MBA consulting (turnaround/restructuring specialist)
- Four years post-MBA in PE/VC primary LP commitments and co-investments, promoted six months ago to Principal
- Active in all types of deals (early and late stage VC, growth equity, buyouts, distressed, impact/ESG, etc)
Looking forward to being helpful.