William Blair SA 2021

Starting a topic for William Blair Summer Analyst 2021 since I did not see one. I was wondering if anyone applied for their internship but did not get the Suited Survey request?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (283)

Mar 31, 2020 - 3:49pm

Hey Prospect in IB-M&A, I'm here because nobody responded to this thread after a few days...maybe one of these resources will help you:

More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 12, 2020 - 10:06am

How many questions did you complete from the quantitative/attention to detail section? Curious to know if I've completely bombed it or not

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 6, 2020 - 2:49pm

Anyone have any idea of when we should hear back/when they are gonna send out first rounds? Are they gonna do targets first?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 14, 2020 - 3:30pm

I didn't get the Suited survey request either? Where would the Suited survey request show up?

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Apr 14, 2020 - 4:36pm

Phone screens starting in May, targets first then everyone else. Hiring is hopefully going to be wrapped up by June, unless Corona changes that. Source- work here

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Apr 14, 2020 - 10:13pm

Initially it was supposed to be, but honestly I don't know much about the process outside of my process and it could definitely be impacted by Coronavirus. My office is still on the schedule I posted

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 17, 2020 - 1:33pm

went to its virtual info yesterday, they will start interview in May. Idk how Charlotte is out.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 17, 2020 - 2:22pm

Anyone have insights on if Blair is doing guaranteed FT offers this year / how they are navigating 2020 SA? I think you can get a lot of insight out of how a bank treats their interns by how they are handling Coronavirus. What's blair doing?

• Incoming Analyst in IB - Gen
Apr 29, 2020 - 12:45am

They delayed program and shortened to 4 weeks virtual. All interns given FT offers and a month of pay for the summer.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 27, 2020 - 10:13pm

has anyone received invitation for SF coffee chat yet?

• Prospect in S&T - Other
May 1, 2020 - 4:08am

are internships only for banking? or do they release more applications for asset management and wealth management?

May 6, 2020 - 1:02am

Got selected for San Fran Coffee Chats got the email this morning. Has anyone done virtual coffee chats for other firms? I'm not really sure what to expect. Will it be technical, behavioral, or more like an information interview? Any guidance would be appreciated.

May 6, 2020 - 10:59pm

got a Boston coffee chat invite today. completed the suited assessment quite some time ago, maybe a month ago.

May 7, 2020 - 1:44am

I mentioned in another comment that I received a SF Office Coffee Chat but did not receive an invite for Boston Coffee Chats today. Do you or anyone else know if that means I'm out of the Boston process or the two offices recruiting efforts overlap?

May 7, 2020 - 9:07pm

How long after your coffee chat have people heard back from Blair?

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
May 9, 2020 - 1:43am

Coffee chats are only available for Boston and SF so don't worry about not getting one for Charlotte or Chicago

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 8, 2020 - 12:17pm

what are these coffee chats? Are they only if you havent talked with people at the bank yet?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 9, 2020 - 1:45pm

Since nobody is answering the questions that everyone wants to know, and some douche is MS'ing people for asking what to expect: the coffee chat is a first-round filter. Mine was for Boston. You're unlikely to get one without networking unless you're at one of their target schools or something; it's the employees that forward your résumé who determine if you get a coffee chat, and they're giving them to the candidates that they're interested in.

Mine was relatively laid-back, but a lot of my friends said theirs were like a rough first round. I was asked some technicals, but they weren't extremely hard. They want to see if you'll fit in and if you have a passion for WB. I don't feel afraid telling people this because, like I mentioned, it was very fit-focused and less hard on the technical side; anyone who prepares well for interviews in the standard way will breeze through it, and my insight won't change that.

May 9, 2020 - 5:35pm

Appreciate the honesty man. Did any of your friends by chance do one for the San Francisco office? I only networked w Boston but got a SF Coffee Chat and I'm trying to figure out why/what to expect.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 9, 2020 - 6:39pm

Hello friend. No, I don't know anyone that did SF; I'd assume it would be similar, but have some tech-based questions. I networked with a ton of SF firms and they all ask similar questions - know why you want to be at William Blair, probably know why you want to do tech/be in SF, etc. I'd assume it's similar to interviews, in that your process will be largely determined by who interviews you. Don't stress too much, just be yourself and know your answers to the basic questions. If you don't get a good interviewer or someone you click with, at the end of the day, take a deep breath, and continue to network with other firms. You'll strike it big somewhere if you just try.

May 14, 2020 - 11:57pm

I'm applying for Chicago. Have a connection there and apparently targets are interviewing soon or now (he didn't know for sure). Non-targets interview in the next few weeks.

May 19, 2020 - 11:26am

just to clarify, is WB's SF office a tech-focused group? I applied to the SA 2021 program for WB in SF, but it never clarified whether it was generalist or tech. I assumed TMT but I want to be sure. Thanks!

May 19, 2020 - 7:49pm

Are the SF, Chicago, and Boston recruiting running on the same timelines and dates?

Coming from a non-target, I did not have a "coffee chat", but spoke to an analyst and associate in Chicago, and was asked for my resume to "Get it to the right people." Should I expect that to be sufficient to be contacted for a first round? Or should I continue to network since I did not get the coffee chat invite everyone else is mentioning.

May 19, 2020 - 8:45pm

Did you submit an application on the website? I almost gave up on WB earlier this month because I saw all these people getting coffee chats and I assumed I was too late, but I sent my application and heard back a week later. You might still have time, though I'd get to work sending that app in ASAP.

May 19, 2020 - 8:48pm

Sorry I misinterpreted your post. Yea, I would definitely reach out to people (linkedin stalk them at the offices you're interested in) and see what's up. If there's no response from them nor the analyst/associate you spoke with, I would just move on to another firm as I think they're tryna round out recruitment soon. there's a lotta other MM banks as well as your typical EB and BB and places to check out, so wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

May 26, 2020 - 11:53am

about 40 minutes mainly behavioral - but like scripted behaviorals - not really conversational lol - easy techs, kind of drilled down on LBO and almost got hit w a paper LBO but the interview assumed I knew it bc I have a PE on the resume (wouldn't overlook it coming tho)

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 30, 2020 - 10:58am

I believe SF and Boston are both 3-4, and Chicago is something like 60.

May 31, 2020 - 1:44pm

applied like 2 months ago for IB 2021 SA Chicago. I go to a non target but have a 4.0 GPA so I was expecting to hear something. completed suited assessment but haven't heard anything at all.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 5, 2020 - 6:45pm

I would hope not. I am also nontarget, and networked hard with the chicago office, but havent heard anything. from others on this forum, it sounds like WB chicago has given out some interviews, but a lot have not happened yet.

Jun 5, 2020 - 7:58pm

nontarget as well feeling particularly shitty. Applied way back in May and completed the Suited Survey and everything. Haven't heard anything yet. Also applied to CS and haven't heard anything. I mean I get that I go to a real nontarget but I have a 4.0GPA going into junior year so I was hoping that would at least warrant me an interview. This is real disheartening

Jun 9, 2020 - 2:54pm

I just got invited to participate in a "virtual interview" with the Chicago office. Can anyone speak to their experience for these - is it more behavioral or technical?

Any comments/advice would be appreciated!

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Jun 11, 2020 - 2:54pm

Nemo animi possimus praesentium. Ea nihil pariatur esse neque tempora sequi. Optio similique provident et aspernatur voluptate.

Dignissimos nobis vero a dolorum omnis quia. Autem dignissimos natus sit maiores aliquid sit eum aut. Cumque quis tenetur facere iste nihil eos. Totam eius velit aut distinctio. Et voluptates optio aliquid beatae sunt rerum ut recusandae.

Totam doloremque minus et. Earum quod doloribus in eos incidunt. Quia molestiae hic et omnis voluptas et assumenda dolorum.

Et atque eos optio voluptatem. Qui rem architecto autem iste. Sequi suscipit est non aut adipisci totam.

Jun 15, 2020 - 9:20pm

Modi vel sequi distinctio recusandae corporis. Laboriosam tempora officiis quia dignissimos animi perspiciatis. Fugiat aut possimus quisquam at qui fugit.

Id magnam quia tempore ut. Vero saepe explicabo eos ut voluptas. Velit omnis velit repellendus tenetur a aliquid fuga. Dolor iste quia modi exercitationem ut earum cumque est. Est beatae reprehenderit quia rerum a ipsam iste qui. Expedita voluptas reiciendis molestias.

Jun 16, 2020 - 8:34pm

Inventore consequatur natus illo quia voluptatem. Est repudiandae non autem est.

Optio enim praesentium quam. Harum quia animi maxime saepe omnis id sequi. Consequatur sint eveniet neque libero voluptatum.

Nemo quo dignissimos consectetur iste. Aspernatur eum sit modi sed molestiae atque eum. Culpa quis accusantium neque quia et quis. Qui ullam laborum sed tempore. Eos distinctio optio aliquid assumenda.

Jun 16, 2020 - 12:46pm

Tempore doloribus occaecati est. Fuga et qui numquam excepturi. Corrupti dolorem cum neque voluptatibus omnis debitis doloribus.

Vero explicabo omnis dolorem quibusdam quod. Earum ducimus corrupti cum laboriosam et. Deleniti consequuntur labore placeat aut.

Delectus esse eos aut perferendis est qui. Aut et praesentium dolorem molestiae ullam non.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 19, 2020 - 6:52pm

Pariatur qui ea sunt. Aut optio non suscipit et veniam aspernatur minus. Facere non cupiditate commodi et ipsum officiis.

Consequatur non laudantium omnis quas quae dolore quasi. Sunt accusamus et dolorum et fuga. Et totam quia atque ratione placeat. Suscipit veritatis nobis possimus eligendi necessitatibus adipisci. Minima est qui consequuntur quas eligendi magnam nihil. Suscipit saepe animi voluptate magni nostrum. Reiciendis deleniti aut dolorem distinctio.

Distinctio molestiae harum maxime necessitatibus tenetur ipsa. Culpa assumenda fugiat debitis voluptas tenetur voluptas hic.

Jun 20, 2020 - 11:48am

Et quaerat qui eligendi id. Cupiditate cupiditate occaecati commodi culpa ipsa delectus porro aspernatur. Eum voluptatibus dicta dolorem et rerum.

Enim tempora et accusamus omnis non velit blanditiis. Voluptas placeat voluptate consequuntur. Laborum itaque itaque et voluptates aspernatur autem non. Ullam omnis molestiae quibusdam et qui aut. Est veritatis ut molestiae sit laudantium est minus non. Blanditiis veniam suscipit voluptas consequatur vel tenetur. Iste commodi reprehenderit ipsam odio beatae fugiat nihil.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 20, 2020 - 2:04pm

Illum sint quisquam maxime necessitatibus totam officiis. Magni accusamus eum asperiores id iusto dolorem voluptas enim. Qui ducimus sunt vero sapiente et doloribus quod. Illo et et aut aspernatur nihil sed. Qui laudantium totam rerum id quia dolore reprehenderit.

Nostrum delectus facere molestias omnis. Et et temporibus rerum ex. Quis qui aliquam occaecati distinctio repellat.

Facilis id aut sapiente. Officia pariatur eum distinctio qui est aut. Maiores ut quaerat odit sit perferendis ducimus. Aut est quo ratione enim.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (228) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (137) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (499) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (385) $83