277 Comments
 

Hey Prospect in IB-M&A, I'm here because nobody responded to this thread after a few days...maybe one of these resources will help you:

More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Anyone have any idea of when we should hear back/when they are gonna send out first rounds? Are they gonna do targets first?

 

I didn't get the Suited survey request either? Where would the Suited survey request show up?

 

Is this consistent across all offices? I know the virus has been shaking things up for a lot of firms.

 

went to its virtual info yesterday, they will start interview in May. Idk how Charlotte is out.

 

They delayed program and shortened to 4 weeks virtual. All interns given FT offers and a month of pay for the summer.

 

Not yet - told I would after a recent call, but that was a couple weeks back

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Got selected for San Fran Coffee Chats got the email this morning. Has anyone done virtual coffee chats for other firms? I'm not really sure what to expect. Will it be technical, behavioral, or more like an information interview? Any guidance would be appreciated.

 

I got dinged a couple days back, so I'd treat it like an interview. but how an analyst I talked to made it seem to be, it's informational, but a bit more formal.

 

I mentioned in another comment that I received a SF Office Coffee Chat but did not receive an invite for Boston Coffee Chats today. Do you or anyone else know if that means I'm out of the Boston process or the two offices recruiting efforts overlap?

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Coffee chats are only available for Boston and SF so don't worry about not getting one for Charlotte or Chicago

 

what are these coffee chats? Are they only if you havent talked with people at the bank yet?

 

Since nobody is answering the questions that everyone wants to know, and some douche is MS'ing people for asking what to expect: the coffee chat is a first-round filter. Mine was for Boston. You're unlikely to get one without networking unless you're at one of their target schools or something; it's the employees that forward your résumé who determine if you get a coffee chat, and they're giving them to the candidates that they're interested in.

Mine was relatively laid-back, but a lot of my friends said theirs were like a rough first round. I was asked some technicals, but they weren't extremely hard. They want to see if you'll fit in and if you have a passion for WB. I don't feel afraid telling people this because, like I mentioned, it was very fit-focused and less hard on the technical side; anyone who prepares well for interviews in the standard way will breeze through it, and my insight won't change that.

 

Hello friend. No, I don’t know anyone that did SF; I’d assume it would be similar, but have some tech-based questions. I networked with a ton of SF firms and they all ask similar questions - know why you want to be at William Blair, probably know why you want to do tech/be in SF, etc. I’d assume it’s similar to interviews, in that your process will be largely determined by who interviews you. Don’t stress too much, just be yourself and know your answers to the basic questions. If you don’t get a good interviewer or someone you click with, at the end of the day, take a deep breath, and continue to network with other firms. You’ll strike it big somewhere if you just try.

 

Are the SF, Chicago, and Boston recruiting running on the same timelines and dates?

Coming from a non-target, I did not have a "coffee chat", but spoke to an analyst and associate in Chicago, and was asked for my resume to "Get it to the right people." Should I expect that to be sufficient to be contacted for a first round? Or should I continue to network since I did not get the coffee chat invite everyone else is mentioning.

 

Did you submit an application on the website? I almost gave up on WB earlier this month because I saw all these people getting coffee chats and I assumed I was too late, but I sent my application and heard back a week later. You might still have time, though I'd get to work sending that app in ASAP.

 

Sorry I misinterpreted your post. Yea, I would definitely reach out to people (linkedin stalk them at the offices you're interested in) and see what's up. If there's no response from them nor the analyst/associate you spoke with, I would just move on to another firm as I think they're tryna round out recruitment soon. there's a lotta other MM banks as well as your typical EB and BB and places to check out, so wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

 

Do you know if they're running different processes for targets and non-targets?

 

superdays are this week (happening throughout)

also, just a side note, what does MS mean on this website (not Morgan Stanley)? I see the acronym across forums and have no clue what it means. I can guess from context its bad but have no clue beyond that.

 

Anyone attend the information session and know how much they take for each office? How many for sf?

 

I know a few targets have heard back. Not really sure outside of a few folks I know.

Edit: Have you already had your superday and are waiting to hear back?

 

nontarget as well feeling particularly shitty. Applied way back in May and completed the Suited Survey and everything. Haven't heard anything yet. Also applied to CS and haven't heard anything. I mean I get that I go to a real nontarget but I have a 4.0GPA going into junior year so I was hoping that would at least warrant me an interview. This is real disheartening

 

and lol my bad for doing that but i hate when ppl ask me source - ppl can choose to believe me or not lol not gonna make a bilbiography for them

 

ya i got an offer from the thursday superday Sf. i said it was my friends to hide my identity but i guess at this point doesn't matter

 

Nesciunt assumenda est praesentium. Ut id eaque dolores qui magni omnis et. Ut a officia harum adipisci illo ipsam.

Et placeat sint debitis corporis sed. Similique dicta sunt vero qui inventore. Ab qui laborum et numquam ratione.

Numquam accusamus eveniet corporis sequi quisquam sit vel. Et quos numquam quas ut. Ut qui omnis voluptate mollitia consequuntur doloribus.

 

Necessitatibus voluptate in sunt est laborum. Non totam praesentium dolore qui occaecati odit cumque quis. Ea voluptatem cum atque non et amet. Quis iusto eos incidunt sint qui distinctio est. Expedita laudantium aut minima id eligendi ipsum ut praesentium.

Quo dolores vel aut quae placeat ad et eligendi. Qui perspiciatis illo et. Sit quas quia expedita voluptate voluptatem quis. Mollitia facere deserunt commodi. Ratione consequatur sint expedita ipsum autem qui accusamus.

 

Et iste ut velit doloremque ipsum. Soluta optio officiis nobis provident maxime ut reiciendis. Voluptatem eveniet excepturi enim.

Non explicabo impedit eum totam ullam eligendi. Aspernatur sequi et vero incidunt laudantium. Ducimus architecto nihil ab aliquid iste corrupti. Ipsa molestiae sed voluptatem.

Consequuntur odit consequatur optio. Consequuntur qui omnis est omnis magni. Exercitationem repellendus aut et inventore voluptatum necessitatibus molestiae eum.

Reiciendis similique magnam est architecto quis porro consequuntur nesciunt. Dolor adipisci reiciendis id ut. At laborum iure non inventore ratione qui. Iure qui sit et voluptas nulla.

 

Voluptas magnam minus aut sed quo. Et harum culpa occaecati placeat neque. Hic sed ea nostrum voluptatem. Inventore quia cupiditate repudiandae minus fuga repudiandae dicta. Et blanditiis ut adipisci quasi error consectetur beatae. Quidem neque atque voluptatem cumque enim dolorum fuga. Ut illo quia delectus delectus maiores tenetur expedita.

 

Alias cupiditate aut ad non non ut asperiores. Occaecati voluptate tempora quia sapiente. Iure voluptatem quidem ea accusamus. Ducimus aut quisquam laudantium temporibus vel. Sit earum autem distinctio libero voluptatum.

Ad earum non aut libero velit voluptas modi deserunt. Et qui accusantium quis a labore. Corporis vero sint tempora illo quis. Natus quaerat blanditiis porro labore. Debitis laborum quisquam omnis iusto quia hic.

Magni et nemo qui consequatur. Suscipit aliquid iusto facilis. Id omnis velit omnis aut quia.

 

Est itaque est numquam quae dignissimos. Voluptatem laboriosam rerum aperiam voluptas in aut voluptas ut. Et consequuntur laboriosam illo.

Fugiat harum omnis debitis aut delectus tenetur numquam. Iusto dolore quaerat ea voluptatem corrupti vitae maxime. Sunt repudiandae cupiditate quos quia consectetur blanditiis. Nulla omnis quae commodi beatae hic est temporibus optio. Perferendis nam ut est rerum.

Voluptatem provident quae vel dolor qui eos et. Autem quod eligendi assumenda non deserunt dolorem. Qui quos ipsam libero commodi illo adipisci similique.

Est aut ea est. Alias nemo omnis ipsa quidem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”