184 Comments
 

Based on the most helpful WSO content, the Point72 Experienced Academy Program interview process typically involves multiple stages. After the case study round, the next step is often the Superday, which includes interviews with senior professionals. However, timelines and feedback can vary depending on the specific recruitment cycle.

If you're waiting to hear back after the case study, it's worth noting that responses can sometimes take time, as highlighted in previous discussions about Point72's recruitment process. Candidates have shared that patience is key, and follow-ups with HR might be necessary if there's a delay.

Feel free to start a thread on the forum to connect with others in the same process—it's a great way to share updates and insights!

Sources: Point72 Experienced Academy Program Interview Process, Point 72 Academy 2019 Recruiting, What is the expected comp Point72 Academy for Experienced Professionals?, Point72 Academy SA 2023, 2024 Point72 Academy Full Time Investment Analyst Thread

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

just got that as well. wow this is such a time waster. no feedback at all too

 

Tbh I don't fully get it. Is it just for people who have been working but have 0 exp in any form of investing? Like I've never done public markets but I still talk to recruiters who have said my profile (4yrs PE exp) is a fit for interviewing for analyst roles, so I'd assume any "experienced" professionals would look to just go right to the pod no?

"If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion
 

Its a mix, you get some HF/PE/SS ER/S&T people and some people from completely different backgrounds (White house staff, doctor etc).
 

BD and headhunters are just trying to fill spots re: pod recruiting. If you vaguely follow markets and can model, you might be a useful monkey to a PM, and maybe you'll last long enough to learn enough to produce ideas. The idea w the experienced academy is that most people who work in PE/SS ER/IB etc will be shit when they start, and there's not real guarantee they improve over time, so the experienced academy offers a runway to learn the ropes. 

 

You really think ppl coming out of PE / ER / IB will be bad? thats literally where ppl start before going to a HF if not directly out of undergrad. How is a white house staffer on the same footing as someone from PE (have to be VERY well connected to make that jump). Also what doctor is spending 10 yrs in med school and going to a HF. that seems quite off 

 

If you have 5 years of experience in PE, why can’t you recruit directly into pods? I’m at MBB and want to break into public markets, but thinking I might have to first move to PE as it will allow me recruit directly for pods down the line

 

No, that's just the academy. Experienced academy, by it's name, is for prospects w/ FT work exp. 

"If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion
 

the case is so detailed that unless youre in ER / IB / PE it will be tough to pass with flying colors but if youre in that bucket then why do you need to spend 9 months in training? thats my question. 

The other thing is you could spend 9 months doing homework and then not even get placed so youre out of a job (and if they have some sort of noncompete even for this program thats no bueno)

 

I agree. I would love to know the background of those getting spots / how the case studies are scored. The programme is advertised for those with no buyside experience but seems next to impossible to pass the case without said experience in modelling. 

Annoyingly rejected yesterday with a fully working model that went beyond the requirements and which involved at least 40/50 hours of work. I have no buyside experience and so at least felt I met their criteria well. Who knows… feedback would have been helpful to at least improve for next time. 

Good luck to those still in the process.

 

ugh im sorry. when did you submit yours? thats the thing I dont get. If you do great on the case study youre p much fit for the analyst role (or associate) but you dont need almost a yr of training. Like what do you do for 9 months? I assume it would be starting at the basics but I guess not

 

You do not need buy-side experience. If you are judging the quality of your submission by the quality of your model, then that could give you an indication as to why you did not get through.

The model is not the priority for the case study.

 

Placement from the Academy has been spotty recently, but I largely attribute that to a decline in average candidate quality (because the programs are generally too big now)

 

Anybody knows how long apps are open throughout the year? Planning to apply in June after wrapping up CFA Lvl 1. P says apps open year round but clearly there are periods when apps are closed (otherwise why would they have had to say in Apr that apps are open).

 
Most Helpful

Waited for a while before posting my process but here is the most colour you will find:
Submit application, received case a month or so later (2 weeks - 3 statement model and write-up), submitted case and then got the wonderlic IQ / EQ test two weeks later, then got to 20 min HR round... and dinged. 

But I did get some insight - the next steps would have been a case review with a coach (person dedicated to helping people on the Academy program), followed by 2 rounds with Analysts / PMs. Can't believe I got dinged at a 20 min HR round with a 22 year old HR person... insane in my view but nevermind. 

 

You are not alone on this one. Recently had a few rounds at a 10bn+ HF (well known one as well) and passed all the PM interviews but got dinged at a HR round and the HR had 0 experience in front office. literally makes no sense as I got the most generic questions. doesnt make any sense how some lifetime HR who never had a single hour spent doing any real thoughtful work can decide on hf candidates especially after a few technical PM interviews.

 

Yeah it's crazy to me that some firms put such high emphasis on 'culture' - especially in a pod where really your relationship with your close team matters most. 

I have spent years in IBD / PE at top shops only to have this random (who is literally younger than me), and from a no-name uni / background ultimately decide if I am properly 'motivated'.  Nevermind haha

 

Associate 1 in PE - Growth

If anyone wants to learn / see an example case study and 3 statement model that passed the screening, drop a comment and I'll PM

Hi, interested, please pm! 

 

Associate 1 in PE - Growth

If anyone wants to learn / see an example case study and 3 statement model that passed the screening, drop a comment and I'll PM

Hello - sorry I'm late, but I would appreciate an example as well. Thank you so much!

 

Associate 1 in PE - Growth

If anyone wants to learn / see an example case study and 3 statement model that passed the screening, drop a comment and I'll PM

 

Hey, I work in trading so Im not very good at modeling or that great with 3 statement models but it would be awesome if you could share yours with me

 

dinged after 2 weeks, despite predictions of catalysts and price movements being spot on. hell i even said 30% tariff, might as well be in the crystal ball bus.

 

ahh that sucks. I haven't got my results yet.. not sure it's good or bad sign.. My mentor has a mentee who passed the case round and she said her model and write-up was just okay, nothing very impressive. I'm wondering what's their criteria for the case round...

 

Velit et est pariatur. Qui hic sequi labore. Numquam incidunt molestiae dolores illo sed ipsum. Voluptatem et incidunt tempora non. Enim impedit nam doloribus deleniti dignissimos porro eos. Eos natus eum numquam omnis sit.

Nam et tenetur quia est delectus repellendus. Neque ut quam fugiat officia possimus eum sit. Consequatur officiis modi et odio omnis quas aut.

 

Commodi nihil labore praesentium ipsum et. Iste molestias fugit hic. Pariatur fugiat quia voluptatum omnis odit exercitationem deleniti est.

Aut accusamus dolorum unde fugit. Et quod eum hic dolorum. Placeat sunt sunt accusamus itaque. Quo vitae ipsum impedit et doloremque.

Dolorum aspernatur eveniet aliquid ut. Aut adipisci eum dicta quas culpa sunt. Impedit voluptas qui vel et autem omnis in.

 

Minima reprehenderit nihil nulla consequatur odio. Minima quasi atque atque. Velit nisi modi temporibus deserunt ullam voluptas facilis. Tempore sit in maiores quo itaque eligendi. Mollitia dolor est dolorem dolores error vitae.

Tempore amet nemo inventore rerum. Aut magnam commodi ducimus. Porro vel fugit maxime ducimus. Consequatur ratione id quod atque quis. Illo corrupti tempore quis quo voluptas.

Eum aut sit explicabo libero odio at ea. Quo vitae quis incidunt ea vero.

 

Maxime possimus aut velit illo enim. Asperiores sunt est voluptatem deleniti labore veritatis velit. Necessitatibus fuga quia numquam voluptate dolor quia. Quia ipsam ad sed facilis.

Totam quis modi nam perferendis voluptate. Iste molestias amet delectus quia. Et ullam cupiditate soluta dolore delectus quia. Cumque cumque fuga alias sit adipisci.

Quidem consequatur harum esse voluptatem. Esse natus fugiat sapiente eum rerum ut.

 

Alias et debitis quod est. Omnis deserunt non animi molestiae dolorem provident. Incidunt vero earum eum. Dolor voluptas voluptatum molestiae eius voluptatem qui numquam maiores. Necessitatibus et veritatis sed rerum doloribus. Architecto laudantium est officia quas autem ullam quos.

Quaerat sunt distinctio vero soluta eveniet non. Deleniti in repellat consequatur aperiam laborum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Point72 99.0%
  • D.E. Shaw 98.0%
  • AQR Capital Management 97.0%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.0%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.0%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Magnetar Capital 99.0%
  • D.E. Shaw 98.0%
  • Blackstone Group 97.0%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.0%
  • Two Sigma Investments 94.9%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Hedge Fund

  • AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 98.0%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.1%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.1%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.1%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (27) $464
  • Director/MD (11) $372
  • NA (9) $320
  • Engineer/Quant (83) $287
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (26) $284
  • Manager (4) $282
  • 2nd Year Associate (32) $253
  • 1st Year Associate (76) $193
  • Analysts (235) $177
  • Intern/Summer Associate (29) $145
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (276) $95
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”