I've heard the case study round is going to be slightly different this year, but in past years I think they’ve expected it in a write up essay format

Do you think they are expecting some modelling if they are giving you a real company?

I don’t know, there wasn’t any of it last year anyway and you weren’t even given key financial info anyway. It was generally broader and more on reasoning than technicals. Same with interviews.

No P72 opens same time for all offices, I'm applying for London but the entire recruitment process is run out of America.

last year it was apply, questionnaire, case study, hr interview, academy coach interview - offer. Process took me about 3-4 weeks.

Like above said on a real company pretty simple overview, how they create revenue, where their costs come from, is it a good investment, calculate TAM and then effect of some macro event on company. 

Just got questionnaire. Wasn't really expecting anything here so I didn't network but now I'm interested in the role.

How essential is networking to the process and what is the timeline after questionnaire?

Networking isnt important at all; very meritocratic process. I and most other people that got offers last year didn’t really do anything prior to getting an offer.

everyone gets the questionnaire; typically get a case study about a week or so later then HR and academy coach interviews 

Counsin Greg

HR - behaviors and motivations

Coach - nitty gritty of the case and reasoning behind your subjective conviction

hey!! how was the first 20 min interview - any advice for that? is it behavioural or direct finance questions? and for the academy coach interview - how was that process like? is it only about the case study, or also about income statements/dcf etc? this process is sooo overwhelming haha thank you so much for your help

i interviewed last year and received no questions about the case from the academy coach so take that for what its worth (got the offer)

If it helps anyone, I received my offer in late April last year for SA 2023. Very fast process once you get the first round interview

All i see on linkedin are three people with offers for 2024 academy so far... and they're all from harvard

Anyone know how meritocratic the process is…? Is it mainly just target schools? Or are the quality of your case and interview also considered?

MD_MBA12

Anyone know how meritocratic the process is…? Is it mainly just target schools? Or are the quality of your case and interview also considered?

i'd wager to say its as meritocratic as you it can get. the interview is gonna test your way of thinking and how it fits with the academy. I don't think its too much of a surprise that people with offers come from top schools a lot of the time.

how long after the coach interview did you hear back, was it next day? and was it email or phone

are they still interviewing? just applied and got the questionnaire, but not sure if worth completing

I heard of someone getting their offer in late April of last year

submitted my case study exactly 3 weeks ago today, haven't heard anything from HR team since. most people said they heard back in 1-2 weeks after submitting case study if they got first round interview, so i'm assuming i didn't get it since its been 3 weeks. thought my case study was pretty solid and networked with two people at the firm who said they would put in a good word for me, so was hoping i'd get a first round, but i guess it's how the game goes

weird thing is tho is i reached out to the recruiter last week asking for an update on my candidacy and she ghosted me. followed up yesterday got ghosted again. i'm assuming it would be very simple for her to respond and tell me i won't be moving forward if i did actually get rejected. would really prefer being told straight up that i got rejected so i can stop hanging on to last strings of hope lol. i know they are still extending invites to do the case study, a friend of mine got the case study last week.

thoughts on this? am i potentially still being considered or 100% rejected at this point? if anyone has been in a similar situation where they got first round 3 weeks after case study would appreciate insight. 98% sure im rejected at this point haha but would be really psyched to somehow still be in the running

edit: another random weird thing that happened that is probably not relevant at all but figured i'd mention. a week after submitting my case study i got the case study invite email again. recruiter quickly followed up and said it was a mistake and i should disregard. definitely a random mistake that doesn't mean anything but figured i should mention it bc why not

95% chance you are rejected. Sorry. 3 weeks is a long time

I know of three from Harvard, three from Georgetown, one from UT Austin, one from IU Kelley who got offers so ofar. For the US office there's around 30 spots

is having two academy coach rounds typical? I thought it was usually just HR round then one coach round

I submitted mine early last week (around a week ago). Would say most likely dinged tbh, but not impossible

Super glad I found this thread. I always appreciate folks sharing information, motivation, etc.

I applied to another position at P72 as I'm relocating to NYC and was referred to the academy based on fit, interest, experience, and graduation date (military vet, slightly older candidate, currently enrolled in a T15 EMBA with data management/business analyst background). They forwarded the questionnaire immediately with the application. Filled it out today with much thought and effort, really hoping I get the case study! I have a couple of friends in the firm but I'm not leveraging them as I know this process is mostly on merit. This would be a dream come true. Wishing everyone luck!

Hello everyone, I’m very interested in applying also, but worried about the timeline, the site doesn’t specify it, I will be attending a masters in a top school this year and trying to land a job at a top HF afterwards like P72, do you know if I can still apply? Thanks!

for the case study, is it 500 words per question or for the whole thing?

bruh how is that possuble holy crap. shit gotta be hella short then. also how u know if u don't mind me asking

I've been ghosted following coach round for a week. anyone else also experienced this, or know what this means? seems normal response time is 1-2 days

Did anyone waiting on a response get the internship advice email? It scared the crap out of me lololol

my case was due on the 18th and I haven't heard from them about an interview, that's why I was extra jumpy lmao

How long did it take for y’all to hear back after the HR first round?

Quas est aspernatur vero officia quisquam impedit. Ipsum est laboriosam nulla tempora ut quo. Corporis sit autem suscipit ad unde.

Perferendis praesentium laudantium illum porro ratione. Sint ipsum asperiores omnis libero sed totam a dicta. Officiis ex qui ut et mollitia possimus.

Delectus in rerum modi reprehenderit aliquam eum ut. Incidunt quibusdam natus sit molestiae. Culpa aut esse in vero voluptas quas sit in.

Quo cupiditate et omnis eveniet accusamus quia corrupti. Sed laboriosam sed rerum qui aut dolores mollitia. Et vero sunt eum. Aut ut alias assumenda illum quam necessitatibus quia. Deleniti eaque repellendus delectus qui dolore dignissimos.

Dolores reiciendis unde praesentium nisi veniam officiis. Sed qui ipsam suscipit optio deserunt dolores similique. Accusantium aut et quis quia sunt id harum. Nemo tempore rerum accusamus qui sint modi iure. Voluptatem sit officia odit dolor.

Officiis non eum consequatur omnis praesentium molestias fugit. Ab aut magnam ut.

Soluta vitae eveniet natus placeat sunt neque voluptates. Cumque et sit animi velit dicta voluptatem reiciendis. Iste et assumenda eaque minima omnis corporis.

Cum excepturi et saepe et qui quia qui. Et ut numquam perferendis sint veritatis sed est. Tempore tempore dolorem id. Doloremque ut voluptatem vero iste omnis optio voluptas. Doloremque voluptas architecto ex recusandae. Facilis dolore ut ex nobis.

Quo dolorem dolor distinctio et sint quisquam beatae. Nostrum distinctio commodi dolores placeat dolorum. Est odio sit quia iure autem adipisci consequuntur est. In nisi dolorem quos cum. Placeat voluptatum nihil sint. Voluptatem aperiam reiciendis blanditiis exercitationem.

Ullam aut dolorem eum ipsam eius et. Qui voluptatem error porro animi ullam veritatis alias. Consectetur dolorem dolorum minima ea in velit quod. Laudantium quam eum illo magni. Sit animi molestiae reiciendis odio illum. Sunt consequatur reiciendis magnam distinctio eaque est odio. Exercitationem nostrum alias ut sed atque molestias.

Maxime sed quis eligendi ad natus numquam autem. Rerum illo sed nihil unde ullam. Commodi veritatis est reiciendis cupiditate qui sit. Explicabo itaque odio officia possimus ut velit amet. Qui perspiciatis magnam nihil quidem assumenda sint. Exercitationem commodi aut id cumque sit quibusdam. Minima ad commodi officiis esse officia dolorum.

Omnis quo velit magni officia maxime dolorem. Consequatur et eveniet soluta ut rerum est at. Voluptas iusto sunt tempore earum dolore. Id cupiditate reiciendis culpa sit.

Officiis mollitia est voluptatem. Natus est eaque officiis quo suscipit quo rerum voluptas.

Fugit nulla neque in rerum. Est expedita eveniet placeat. Iste quidem consectetur expedita quia rerum quo.

Dignissimos sint reprehenderit amet. Possimus est officiis ea. Cupiditate expedita rerum magnam a rerum culpa quidem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”