235 Comments
 

Can anyone confirm or deny if NY non-diverse is indeed starting in the spring instead of late summer? Heard it was late summer in the past but may have changed. School has a handful of alumni and maybe a small recruiting "team" but certainly not Harvard-level.

Also, is it still true that you can be dinged for trying to network?

 

I don’t go to a target school for CVP and I’ve got no response to the networking emails I’ve sent to the analysts at the firm. How am I supposed to apply??

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

analyst I talked to said centerview nyc (non-diverse) is gonna open around August, not sure where ppl are hearing stuff about spring/moving up the timelines. Although non-nyc offices have already started interviewing

 

Centerview NYC has already done first rounds and is in the process of scheduling more (know of both non div and div). 

Bit of a weirder process since you need to network to get your foot in the door. The ones getting interviews now are those that have been really pushed for by current employees.

 

Wdym network? CVP’s website says to literally not send unsolicited emails to people at the firm?? I go a semi target and haven’t had any alumni reach out back to me…

 

yea I saw that on their website too but definitely everyone I know that has gotten into the CVP process had to network so... not sure why they put that on the website but it seems like BS

 

This isn’t wholly accurate. Lots of non diversity still left to go. Diversity is mostly done though.

 

Was your first round interview with only 1 person? I have an interview scheduled with 3 people… havent had a first round yet. I don’t know if I’m going straight to super

 

I was notified to schedule a second round by Centerview SF last Wednesday. However, I have not heard from the analyst attached to the email chain that was supposed to reach out to coordinate a time.  

Has anyone had their second round in Centerview SF yet? 

 

I think I networked with 4 people, but one of them was after I already got the first round.

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

I’m also interviewing with PJT and Evercore. As for other banks, heard some of my friends got a BoFA superday, some JPM non diversity offers out, and pretty much all the boutiques (Lazard, Moelis, HL, etc.) have either kicked off or are reaching the tail end based on what I’m hearing from friends and alumni.

Also if you’re starting to worry, nontarget historically goes later, but you can also look into consulting. I’m also recruiting for MBB since I’d take them over a fair amount of low/mid tier banks.

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Anybody know wtf is going on with Centerview SF office? Any superdays or offers go out yet? My contacts have been telling me there's nothing on the schedule coming up, so not sure if I've been dinged and they're leading me on.

 

SF starting to send super invites from June 1st onward. They bumped their whole timeline back to be more in line with the NY office. Sit tight.

 

Not 100% sure since SF has a lot of autonomy over their own process, but from what the guy said I think PA is the same—have also heard abt some friends getting supers there alr tho so def not sure

 

Don’t listen to these other ppl. I emailed people who didn’t go to my school when I recruited. We had good conversations and they referred me to the right people and helped me out a bunch. The no unsolicited emails thing is kinda BS. Just don’t send emails to all the analysts at the same time or smthn stupid like that.

And yes, I got the offer.

 

For anyone worried about the email rule on website - consider this tree of possible outcomes:

1) You don't email -> no referral -> no interview 

2) You email: 

     -> person gets annoyed -> no referral -> no interview 

     -> person responds -> phone call -> referral  -> potential interview 

Only one route gets you an interview. If you really don't send emails because of some disclaimer on the website, you don't know how to properly weigh risk/reward.  And FWIW, I emailed multiple people and they responded the same way other bankers do. 

 

3) You don't email —> you get an interview anyway —> paid infinite money

4) You email —> the firm that was going to interview you anyway gets annoyed and doesn't follow up —> sadness

95% of first rounds have gone out (talking abt west coast here) so if u haven't gotten first by now maybe no harm in emailing though

 

Does anybody have any idea whether CVP is done with recruiting? Are the timelines different between West and East coast? I would really appreciate any insight because I plan on sending out some networking emails within the next few days and would hope they are still recruiting. I'm interested in working in the New York office btw. Thanks!

 

A bunch of people spreading misinformation out here. 

No they are not "basically done". Right now, the only offers out have been to diversity and accelerated candidates from targets (those who got competing offers from other top BBs/EBs). Their women's program and diversity program run during the summer, and obviously, they haven't started their dedicated fall round yet. 

 

Cope. How big is Centerviews class? There have been a decent amount of offers already handed out to diversity/accelerated candidates. Realistically very few spots left.

 

Source? Personally have not heard of a single offer out yet for SF office and I'm at H/W. People trying to accelerate got told to try and stall at the other firm. Have seen a few offers out in NYC office though.

 

Untrue. They have taken non-diversity with no competing offers. Don’t need a competing offer to get accelerated at Centerview.

 

It’s been a week since the June 1st date that somebody posted on here, has anybody heard about SF or NYC superday invites being sent out?

 

Well, this was a total lie considering apps just went up on my target handshake for SF.

 

Yeah don’t stress too much yet. They just recruit later than anyone else for whatever reason. I was honestly a little confused cause if they don’t accelerate non-diversity and recruit practically after anyone except maybe DB they are probably missing out on a lot of talent. But well, it’s CVP they probably have it figured somehow

 

Yes they do, I was literally accelerated as non-div but had another competing offer from a EB. This was back in March and I know other target non divs that had superdays this early too

 

For Centerview, when you submitted an "application form" in the website, did you guys get an email saying that we submitted our application? I submitted the form but didn't get any emails. 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 
Most Helpful

Cap, I literally work at CVP. We were still deliberating a few hours ago. Offers will go out tomorrow or Monday. 

 

Quod non eius quia. Molestias ut architecto suscipit aspernatur explicabo. Nam consectetur ut deserunt voluptas. Ipsum quo reiciendis nobis porro ut ipsam quae voluptates. Earum quod quibusdam rerum facere.

 

Esse dolorem ipsa et rem dolorem labore sit. Voluptatum magni sequi rerum asperiores. Saepe tenetur fuga est recusandae eos. Exercitationem eum doloremque ea est ut ducimus.

Eius totam aut harum labore nesciunt commodi officia. Vel sapiente itaque dolores rem libero et. Mollitia modi praesentium et vel eos reiciendis. Temporibus ipsum quia non magnam.

Qui omnis illo quis labore. Maxime doloremque impedit quis soluta nesciunt nam ipsa. Sit totam et perspiciatis iure saepe. Consectetur qui dolorem quia quibusdam. Sed officia ut dicta natus delectus. Quidem quod a est assumenda ipsam vel voluptate porro.

Fugit ex quo mollitia dignissimos eum autem possimus velit. Rerum in rerum consectetur harum. Explicabo qui excepturi deserunt quod et sint. Voluptatem autem voluptatum pariatur magni. Labore et inventore consectetur eos ut fugiat.

 

Ea expedita asperiores quod tenetur atque. Rem eos delectus magni. Reprehenderit quia et molestias quas nulla tempore eaque. Repellendus voluptates rerum provident et et a odio autem. Ea aut deserunt sapiente consequatur.

Sapiente et voluptatum explicabo inventore magnam officia. Soluta sint tenetur neque velit consequatur.

Doloremque qui delectus impedit consequatur minima vel. Necessitatibus et accusantium illo non totam. Ad at impedit repellat aut laudantium excepturi aut est. Maxime perspiciatis sint ex eveniet. Facere cumque non sunt omnis enim eveniet consequatur. Iure molestias dolore et natus incidunt.

 

Aut est provident eum officiis sit dolorem. Saepe et nihil iste autem ut voluptas est. Aut animi nemo et. Ratione tempore non rerum consequatur consequatur.

Dolor dolore consequatur necessitatibus quidem. Minima rerum omnis odit suscipit aut quia. Fuga veniam fuga amet totam aliquid atque.

Adipisci et qui aut iste quo. Ab cum doloribus ipsa vero quis. Magnam qui qui rem sed.

 

Corporis dolores eum porro et dolorem recusandae totam quia. Dolore et hic aperiam perspiciatis dolor. Voluptatum molestiae aut eaque autem voluptatibus. Est praesentium maiores sit iste facilis exercitationem corporis.

Sint laboriosam consequatur consequatur ex sapiente. Laboriosam perspiciatis sapiente illo ut veniam perspiciatis aut. Sit dignissimos minus qui. Et ut suscipit reiciendis fugit aut. Placeat nulla quis sed autem quis. Aliquid eos maiores ratione eveniet.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”