2022 INVESTMENT BANKING FULL-TIME RECRUITING THREAD

Haven't seen a thread entirely dedicated to keeping each other posted on full-time opportunities. So far I've seen openings for JPM and Qatalyst, assuming there will be a few more in the coming months and some in fall. Feel free to throw what you know on the discussion regarding timeline or openings

Yep, you’d typically start re-recruiting as soon as your internship ends or in the last 1-2 weeks. It tends to be more alumni/network driven and a more entrepreneurial process. 

Worked in IB summer 2019 (got return) and FT recruited for 2020 roles. Interviews/soft-networking phone calls happen throughout the summer with unofficial first-rounds happening in the end of July, beginning of Aug. If you are not in the "process" with a group at the end of July, you likely aren't going to get the lateral offer. 

Superday schedules depend on if the group you are trying to lateral to has open spots or is waiting to see if their kids will accept the returns and come back. If the former, interviews happen the week after the internship ends with FT offers signed by week end (2nd week of Aug). If the latter, superdays likely drag on 2-3 weeks towards the end of Aug which will force you to renege, decline your return offer, or accept your return offer if you aren't confident.

Didn’t get pymetrics or hirevue but I did submit Friday evening.

Huge thanks for sharing. Why such a healthy amount/is that just for industrials?

At least as far as I believe my flair is for industry-specific rather than industrials. Sorry for any confusion!

Is this still happening? Have had multiple people tell me they’re not sure/unlikely EVR is doing ft recruiting

I think I may shop it around a bit as I'd like to trade up from a meh group in CS/UBS/DB/RBC/Jeff, but we will see whats in the cards

Most Helpful

Thought I would say this here but for anyone willing to consider it, definitely try to get a shot or two at Energy IB groups. Most of the groups under-hired last year due to the effects of the pandemic on O&G and have been swimming in deal flow due to the pick up in corporate M&A, as well as A&D [which, btw, has been on a tear recently]. As an anecdote, my group is looking to roughly double the class size. 

Most of you don't want anything to do with energy and that's fine but I believe Energy IB might be one of the few places to have an outsized FT opportunity. Just my 2c. 

Hey, did some work in Power/Energy this summer and interested in O&G. Do you know what the timeline is looking like for your group?

Talked w/ associate there yesterday, he explicitly told me analysts "can bank on working basically from 9am-2am every day" during their 2-year stint. Seems like a cool place w/ interesting clients and large deals, but it's rough for juniors

Fully thought that they wouldn't open NYC so I already submitted my application (and applied to SLC instead fml) do you think there's any way I can change it/ indicate interest in NYC?

is it possible to go from European bank ST to an American bank IB during FT  (Non target as well)

Possible but youll be competing against Americans. Doesnt hurt to try though

What do people think about lateraling from a boutique/MM to a BB for FT analyst next year? I know usually the BB kids just shuffle around, is it a waste for a boutique/MM person to apply to BBs?

Doesnt hurt to try. Youll be competing with people at other BBs, but doesnt mean you cant get an offer. You likely wont get a top group, but if youre not picky it’s definitely possible 

If I'm still in the middle of my SA stint at another large bank, can it leak out in any way that I applied for FT positions at other banks? Don't want my chances of a return offer to get screwed but I also don't want to miss out on opps.

For sure. The question is whether they care or not. If my buddy at a different bank saw an application from someone at my bank, they’d definitely tell me. I personally wouldnt care though, but others might

gotcha thanks for the response, what would you suggest I do then? I don't want to wait until August for everything with applications right now but I also want to show my current team I'm committed.

Hi, I'm a Vietnamese graduating from a non-target university in the US with 1+ years experience working in M&A investment banking boutique in Vietnam. I plan to apply for a Singaporean investment banking position in 1 year (so totally 2+ years working experience in IB Vietnam). I am taking the first steps in prepping myself for the Singapore application. Can you help guide me through the steps I need to take to prepare for such applications? What would be my chances of getting accepted? What would be my angles of breaking into SG IB? I see most of the comments are regarding fresh grad applying but not so much about 2+ year-Vietnam-IB Analyst making the jump to SG. Thank you very much!

Was anyone else not asked for the group preferences for JPM?

Haven't submitted my application to JPM yet... Does it matter when I do? Looks like the deadline isn't for awhile. 

I would submit asap...no real benefits to waiting, but could be risks imo. Adding in any intern experience bullets won't do much to move you forward past screening tbh

Got JPM group preference questionnaire around 12hrs after submitting hirevue 

I did as well, tbh I'm skeptical that it means anything. I've seen too many ppl get it to believe anything

Officia pariatur unde quia qui sunt. Dicta eligendi voluptatem dolorum rerum qui. Facere dolores ipsum quam sit mollitia accusantium. Mollitia qui nulla ipsam commodi qui et recusandae.

Et eligendi beatae pariatur corrupti commodi. Deleniti nihil aut et et eos voluptatem quibusdam.

Vitae ratione voluptates unde ullam odio temporibus accusamus. Aliquid numquam eligendi ea et. Qui in harum voluptates dolor. Necessitatibus doloribus maxime est ut minus.

Accusamus vitae suscipit labore neque. Officiis dicta totam quia exercitationem ut ratione quidem. Omnis iure quos dolore neque. Velit qui sed dicta eveniet nihil non. Minus dolores in aut voluptate culpa laudantium doloremque.

Et vel consequatur architecto quas dolores. Eum ad et pariatur modi veritatis magni.

A aut quia omnis iste. Quo aut vel dolor eligendi. Corporis illo corrupti quasi voluptatem enim natus sapiente. Consequuntur est et totam ut qui. Iure harum ex facere qui itaque sint ipsam. Ut odit molestiae harum et.

Minus soluta officiis est recusandae sunt excepturi. Ea eaque expedita laborum et. Tempore eum est hic ullam sunt dignissimos omnis.

Ut quisquam commodi accusantium adipisci est reprehenderit nostrum. Reprehenderit sit totam aut. Officiis nihil aut hic perferendis voluptates facilis. Similique eos vitae vero in.

Omnis quia voluptas animi ducimus quis id. Rem sit consequatur et aperiam optio non totam quia. Aut labore sint neque deleniti quasi est ipsum. Ratione aut molestiae voluptatem ab sint. Voluptas est ut consectetur labore iure ullam.

Ullam magnam aut delectus eum eligendi fugiat. Repellendus impedit nesciunt doloribus. Autem cum esse necessitatibus at quasi nobis nemo nesciunt. Expedita mollitia quaerat non et asperiores iusto.

Possimus similique accusamus nulla. Adipisci itaque voluptatibus vitae nesciunt tempora odio. Quaerat voluptatem dolorem aut repellat. Animi incidunt eos est. Qui animi dolor itaque.

Vero reprehenderit velit est rem voluptates pariatur. Cum pariatur inventore aut optio et sint. Animi ut inventore quasi corrupti quas. Aperiam qui facere ea. Ut quisquam cupiditate nemo numquam qui. Beatae nam soluta consequatur ipsam.

Est praesentium ducimus aliquam porro nobis excepturi provident. Est rerum qui dolores voluptas doloribus. Molestias tenetur eos sit aut illum voluptatem corporis sit. Iste placeat quas labore ab. Non autem voluptatem quibusdam ut. Tempora sunt quo eaque. Quia debitis repellendus quia vel.

Dolores qui iusto quam cum ut quae et. Recusandae iure doloribus cum. Minima cum non voluptas repellendus ipsa deserunt. Quaerat amet omnis sit ipsum sit. Et maiores inventore molestiae laborum officia asperiores.

Est repellat excepturi consequuntur tempora. Doloribus tenetur similique voluptatem voluptas praesentium. Illum id ipsum recusandae nisi dignissimos magnam. Iure vel tempora omnis accusamus tempore deserunt. Ut atque incidunt id cupiditate tenetur id dolorum. Commodi non ut sit dolorum unde. Perspiciatis praesentium odio placeat minus.

Et veritatis sed nihil repellat voluptates atque impedit. Sed quis ut aut animi labore. Soluta aperiam ut voluptatum sint. Adipisci incidunt illum et expedita aspernatur similique. Ab autem quo sint neque excepturi.

Sunt velit illum incidunt ullam laboriosam in aut. Omnis animi minus facere tenetur. In similique est voluptatem ut sunt explicabo dolor. Similique et numquam repellat vel repudiandae aut quisquam.

Aperiam est id eos unde dolores at. Qui aut libero tenetur recusandae. Excepturi molestiae et beatae facilis sapiente et. Ut qui expedita occaecati enim qui aliquid quasi. Ad eos odio quod.

Est quia possimus aut recusandae accusamus veniam quis. Eum rerum consectetur aut voluptate vero. Aut eos perspiciatis nostrum ab magni. Quis illo dolore quae. Pariatur totam maxime ipsam. Debitis magnam aliquam est qui. Accusamus minima quis dolorem qui excepturi adipisci deleniti necessitatibus.

Molestiae soluta sunt doloremque ut consequuntur non qui dicta. Molestias et rem non.

Culpa provident quae sit aut provident reprehenderit iure. Ad eius qui et consequatur nobis voluptatem. Itaque accusantium id recusandae qui ut explicabo laborum. Magni culpa quis ab natus qui perferendis et eum.

Voluptas illo est esse accusamus libero sint. Amet exercitationem et dolorem quos. Ipsam natus harum sed fuga nisi quam. Nesciunt cumque nobis eius quia animi delectus. Labore laudantium veritatis totam hic hic voluptate. Architecto qui sed dolore itaque ipsam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”