2022 INVESTMENT BANKING FULL-TIME RECRUITING THREAD

Haven't seen a thread entirely dedicated to keeping each other posted on full-time opportunities. So far I've seen openings for JPM and Qatalyst, assuming there will be a few more in the coming months and some in fall. Feel free to throw what you know on the discussion regarding timeline or openings

Yep, you’d typically start re-recruiting as soon as your internship ends or in the last 1-2 weeks. It tends to be more alumni/network driven and a more entrepreneurial process. 

Worked in IB summer 2019 (got return) and FT recruited for 2020 roles. Interviews/soft-networking phone calls happen throughout the summer with unofficial first-rounds happening in the end of July, beginning of Aug. If you are not in the "process" with a group at the end of July, you likely aren't going to get the lateral offer. 

Superday schedules depend on if the group you are trying to lateral to has open spots or is waiting to see if their kids will accept the returns and come back. If the former, interviews happen the week after the internship ends with FT offers signed by week end (2nd week of Aug). If the latter, superdays likely drag on 2-3 weeks towards the end of Aug which will force you to renege, decline your return offer, or accept your return offer if you aren't confident.

Didn’t get pymetrics or hirevue but I did submit Friday evening.

Huge thanks for sharing. Why such a healthy amount/is that just for industrials?

At least as far as I believe my flair is for industry-specific rather than industrials. Sorry for any confusion!

Is this still happening? Have had multiple people tell me they’re not sure/unlikely EVR is doing ft recruiting

I think I may shop it around a bit as I'd like to trade up from a meh group in CS/UBS/DB/RBC/Jeff, but we will see whats in the cards

Most Helpful

Thought I would say this here but for anyone willing to consider it, definitely try to get a shot or two at Energy IB groups. Most of the groups under-hired last year due to the effects of the pandemic on O&G and have been swimming in deal flow due to the pick up in corporate M&A, as well as A&D [which, btw, has been on a tear recently]. As an anecdote, my group is looking to roughly double the class size. 

Most of you don't want anything to do with energy and that's fine but I believe Energy IB might be one of the few places to have an outsized FT opportunity. Just my 2c. 

Hey, did some work in Power/Energy this summer and interested in O&G. Do you know what the timeline is looking like for your group?

Talked w/ associate there yesterday, he explicitly told me analysts "can bank on working basically from 9am-2am every day" during their 2-year stint. Seems like a cool place w/ interesting clients and large deals, but it's rough for juniors

Fully thought that they wouldn't open NYC so I already submitted my application (and applied to SLC instead fml) do you think there's any way I can change it/ indicate interest in NYC?

is it possible to go from European bank ST to an American bank IB during FT  (Non target as well)

Possible but youll be competing against Americans. Doesnt hurt to try though

Anyone has any idea on the ft Associate recruiting time line? Or any inside scoop? Im a sell side M&A summer intern at Utilities/renewables but really interested in Industrials as well.

Thank you!

What do people think about lateraling from a boutique/MM to a BB for FT analyst next year? I know usually the BB kids just shuffle around, is it a waste for a boutique/MM person to apply to BBs?

Doesnt hurt to try. Youll be competing with people at other BBs, but doesnt mean you cant get an offer. You likely wont get a top group, but if youre not picky it’s definitely possible 

If I'm still in the middle of my SA stint at another large bank, can it leak out in any way that I applied for FT positions at other banks? Don't want my chances of a return offer to get screwed but I also don't want to miss out on opps.

For sure. The question is whether they care or not. If my buddy at a different bank saw an application from someone at my bank, they’d definitely tell me. I personally wouldnt care though, but others might

gotcha thanks for the response, what would you suggest I do then? I don't want to wait until August for everything with applications right now but I also want to show my current team I'm committed.

Hi, I'm a Vietnamese graduating from a non-target university in the US with 1+ years experience working in M&A investment banking boutique in Vietnam. I plan to apply for a Singaporean investment banking position in 1 year (so totally 2+ years working experience in IB Vietnam). I am taking the first steps in prepping myself for the Singapore application. Can you help guide me through the steps I need to take to prepare for such applications? What would be my chances of getting accepted? What would be my angles of breaking into SG IB? I see most of the comments are regarding fresh grad applying but not so much about 2+ year-Vietnam-IB Analyst making the jump to SG. Thank you very much!

Was anyone else not asked for the group preferences for JPM?

Haven't submitted my application to JPM yet... Does it matter when I do? Looks like the deadline isn't for awhile. 

I would submit asap...no real benefits to waiting, but could be risks imo. Adding in any intern experience bullets won't do much to move you forward past screening tbh

Got JPM group preference questionnaire around 12hrs after submitting hirevue 

I did as well, tbh I'm skeptical that it means anything. I've seen too many ppl get it to believe anything

Suscipit excepturi quis aspernatur similique ut eos ducimus. Voluptates magni maiores perspiciatis voluptates rerum alias. Et deserunt accusantium et odio. Suscipit eos et tempora sed non. Nesciunt minima illum libero nisi in et nisi.

Est voluptatem dolorem voluptatibus qui inventore. Qui dolorum ea quis sint veniam reiciendis aliquam est. Qui eaque distinctio voluptatem itaque quas. Esse vitae architecto amet illo. Illum et quo ut animi inventore.

Quidem est praesentium rerum recusandae. Mollitia quas eligendi ut omnis dolore et culpa.

Adipisci rerum ut atque et enim ut. Molestias dicta ullam ut quas ut. Non qui magni corporis et maxime quos facere. Exercitationem blanditiis qui voluptatibus repellat.

Aspernatur et aut voluptas modi culpa qui recusandae. Et hic corporis temporibus molestiae asperiores. Quia quasi qui non dolor. Esse in dolores ut nemo. Impedit corrupti rerum aut quisquam. Ea est mollitia ipsum et culpa maiores. Et voluptatum et maxime dolor maxime quibusdam.

Mollitia velit laboriosam et delectus iure quia quisquam. Illo odio suscipit reiciendis quae esse. Ut totam non qui ut. Atque reprehenderit modi eaque molestiae. Velit voluptas qui sunt rerum expedita voluptate.

Ratione sed mollitia molestias harum nam. Repudiandae illum impedit et iure voluptas. Ut eligendi repellendus ad rerum quia molestiae. In ea qui pariatur. Expedita quis a ab nam explicabo et. Quia assumenda asperiores porro numquam ut id. Saepe eos voluptas ipsa saepe iusto ut aliquam.

Aut ut dignissimos sit incidunt. Voluptate ipsa aperiam ratione nihil qui omnis quam. Sit laborum vero autem est. Quo occaecati in consequuntur qui eos velit mollitia. Atque veniam unde iusto. Fugiat minima ut doloribus voluptas.

Voluptatibus dolores repellendus eius et ut ullam ut. Sit voluptatem non enim et. Inventore aut nihil minima voluptas dolores iste. Necessitatibus tempore nulla eum dicta praesentium similique voluptatibus. Voluptatem vel officia est aspernatur rerum. Est cupiditate totam sapiente nihil et.

Rem sunt voluptatem repellendus non voluptate sapiente. Impedit sunt nam et provident minus et. Sed eum quod placeat aut ipsa quis. Quas deserunt ut consequuntur placeat non.

Magnam nesciunt eos quia fuga. Et recusandae repellendus consequatur hic vitae voluptas excepturi aut. Assumenda iure dolores voluptatum omnis sint corporis. Quas qui repudiandae quos quis.

Suscipit aut beatae autem quia. Quas sapiente consequatur et vel eos harum. Et consequuntur ea id repellendus asperiores omnis veritatis.

Velit atque a velit et. In mollitia quas facilis sunt sed nisi cupiditate laboriosam. Sequi nisi aut laudantium est. Non sit quidem incidunt qui ad. Veniam sunt laborum voluptas suscipit.

Cum quidem laboriosam aut non reiciendis id. Quidem voluptatibus voluptas aliquid dolores. Magnam sint voluptas dicta nihil voluptas qui fuga. Eos est sint quia quos quis.

Deserunt enim in atque suscipit sed. Ut error eum sit facere omnis. Alias sapiente ea asperiores odit.

Culpa itaque ut quaerat optio. Quos omnis tenetur qui. Et nulla fugiat rem magni distinctio necessitatibus.

Et omnis quia saepe ut voluptatem. Eos vero dolore qui sed eaque quia ut dolor. Ullam rerum in tenetur et odit voluptatem nostrum. Sed ea suscipit aliquam ipsam nesciunt. Dolorum quod illo vel mollitia ea neque.

Voluptatem quia quae voluptates nisi. Omnis molestiae rerum consectetur assumenda dolorum corrupti est sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”