2022 SA APAC MEGATHREAD
This is a megathread where we can talk about our applications for 2022 summer internships across the APAC region.
Keywords
This is a megathread where we can talk about our applications for 2022 summer internships across the APAC region.
| +21 | Big 4 audit to IB - have I made a terrible mistake? | 8 | 1d |
| +17 | How to line up a “burnout” exit from PE? | 8 | 19h |
| +12 | Internal Referrals Not Even Working | 1 | 1d |
| +10 | Cold walking in to firms to drop off CV and intro myself.. Good idea or not? | 2 | 22h |
| +10 | KKR Insurance FT27 | 8 | 1d |
| Getting into quant ? | 1 | 3d | |
| +6 | Background Check | 1 | 23h |
| +3 | Exits to AI | 1 | 1d |
| +3 | AI/startup exits | 3 | 1d |
| +3 | Long Lake | 1 | 2d |
Career Resources
Anyone been progressed to the next round for Blackstone HK? PM me if you like.
I have the same question!! when did you do their digital interview?
I think I did mine almost a month ago? Heard nothing since...
I know some roles in Australia have opened but does anyone known when JPM/MS opens for HK/China/Singapore?
Have the same question regarding JPM.
Has anybody heard back from the JPM Winning Women?
Has JPM HK opened?
Don't think so
Done MS hirevues for HK/SG last week
Anyone heard back from CS/MS post assessment for SG?
Haven't heard back either. Applied for Global Markets for MS and CS. Done MS Hirevue, yet to receive invitation for Hirevue for CS
I heard that for CS it’s a phone screening rather than a hirevue. Also, are you focusing only on GM or others like IB , S&T as well?
Did the MS assessment on 23/7 and got the hirevue on 5/8
Similar time frame, applied 16/7 and did Hirevue 24/7. No followup yet though
Did you apply for GM as well or for other roles? What other BB did you apply to for similar roles?
Applied for Global Markets roles for all open BB SA slots already.
Anyone know what's the normal time to expect to hear back from the BBs for SA roles?
I am only aware that Temasek investments will get back latest by Sep 21st according to the email they sent. Did you apply for this role as well?
Yep applied 15/7, haven't heard back either
got absolutely destroyed by CS assessment
What role was it for? did they ask about technicals?
They mean the games probably
Are you talking about the MapTQ test?
For everyone else: Received CS Assessments 23/8 for Global Markets.
Components:
1. Numerical Reasoning
2. Verbal Reasoning
3. Behaviour ranking
The 3rd component caught me by surprise because its another one of those personality tests that seem totally arbitrary. Other 2 Assessments were of an expected style
Anyone in SG who has gotten CS online assessment for the IB role?
Anyone hear back post HV for MS or received HV for GS (both SG)?
How are everyone's apps going?
Has everybody received a test for CS markets
Yes received and completed
Anyone created a google sheets doc for tracking just like last year?
bump
heard MS first round is our for NA school? do they come in waves
How trustworthy is this?
It is out. Has anybody else gotten it?
Also what's "NA School"?
North American schools
Citi SG first rounds are out for IBD
Heard that Citi APAC are still hosting info sessions for NA and Europe school isn't it + early app deadline hasn't passed yet? Why would they send out 1st round for SG this early :/
Not sure about the NA and EU sessions but can confirm that I got a first round phone interview for SG
GS Hirevues are out.
for IBD right?
Both if you applied for GIR also.
Did anyone get Temasek hirevue after the test?
Anyone know the timeline for Barclays?
Wanna know for JPM, GS & CS, their tests/games/video interviews are not auto generated?
Submitted the application about a week ago and still no response
Also any updates on Citi?
Not sure what your question is...?
Ignore the JPM one.
Just wanna know for CS & GS, how long would I receive the next steps (online tests, Hirevue) after submitting the online application?
As for Citi, I heard that after submitting resume then it would lead to direct interviews already (no tests/Hirevue), how long is this process?
following
Has anyone heard back from GS after hirevue?
Anybody heard back after first round for MS ? Any Superday invites?
Same here. Had my 1st round 10 days ago. Haven't heard back yet... Do we usually get updates if rejected or do they ghost?
is this for IB or GCM?
Anybody got SD invite for MS in SG yet?
hey, you done the first round already? From my understanding of past years, MS only does the first round in mid October and can go all the way till December depending on application date.
Anybody know if MS sends out all super day invites tog?
Not sure if it would help anybody applying SG office to calm their nerves, but I received an email from Nomura asking me to confirm if I do not need employment visa as they have repeated rejected applications for employment pass ever since covid came along. They also advised that my application to be moved to Hong Kong if I do need an employment visa. Given that, it is likely that the SA roles would be up for grabs among the locals.
With regards to MS, the campus recruiting confirmed that further updates would be given in the coming weeks. I haven't received anything after my HireVue but I applied later into the application cycle.
is gs superday out?????
Hi does anyone know how to prepare for ST in Singapore positions ? Like do they only focus on the APAC markets or ? where should I read news to form opinions on the asian markets ? thx
Hey,
If you want to read up on APAC/SEA news (given that we are the financial hub of SEA), the usual Bloomberg would do. Otherwise, you could consider The Business Times. Also, if you are really eager to land a role in SG, you could consider reading about the characteristics of our region (being Maritime and natural resources focused)(think Wilmar and etc...) and learn a SEA language. That's the information I have gathered from reading around WSO and from the industry.
anyone knows if GS IBD Superday for Singapore is out? It's been 2 weeks since finishing hirevue now.
Bump. Also interested if anyone without SG work authorisation got progressed
Anyone got baml first round?
Is it out already? HK or SG?
hk
sg too
Is there just one integrated excel spreadsheet that everyone can edit?
Anyone knows which banks are still recruiting for HK?
anyone heard from JP/GS S&T after hirevue?
Nope, but I send my Hirevue on 24 Sept so its prob the later rounds
GS S&T has contacted me for interviews
when was your hirevue?
Anyone received MS/JPM S&T Interview invitation after hirevue?
anyone got a interview from Blackstone Strategic Partners? would like to ask some questions
anybody has info about GIC?
anyone heard back since citi/boa first round?
If you’re talking about SG, group interviews were 2 weeks ago/ last week, results were out last week and final rounds are probably going on sometime this week.
del
Anyone heard back from BOA first round for sg office?
yeah, just did.
When did you do your first round?
Have you heard back from second round?
Could I ask when did you do your HireVue for GCM? I did mine in early Oct and I am wondering if my first round would be later or have already been dinged.
Cheers
Did mine in sep if i recall correctly
anybody heard from Barclays HK after apt test?
Are offers out for MS ibd/gcm sg?
Not for me, when did you send your hirevue?
i've heard that offers are out for ibd, not sure about gcm.
Could you give a rough estimate of the amount of offers you heard and whom did you hear from?
I am on track to a first class in finance and a returning Singaporean from an overseas uni. Have not heard since the HireVue. No news from my social circles for the SG office either, but that might just be me
Anyone hear back from GS superday?
Anybody heard from JP Morgan CADP Internship Program?
Anyone heard back from temasek and got superday invites after the case?
Yeah, my Superday invite was yesterday, had a HR call today. They said they'd get back to us within the week or early next week!
thanks for the info guess i got ding-ed lol, when did u get the invite for superday?
Any updates on sg s&t sa interview?
Did anyone received essay questions from MS HK?
Did you?
no:)do you know any others who got it?
Any info on HSBC or Blackrock HK?
Not really helpful info, just to find some homies with the same goal ;) Did both first round tests (OT/VI) a couple of days ago, BLK with further reply (probably I'm too shit on VI, prepared too many words I even cannot recite fluently), HSBC just emailed me a feedback on OT and said I'm in review and will contact me later.
Anyone heard back from BAML SG after the second interview with GCM?
Any news from JPM?
How long does it typically take to hear back form superdays in apac? Sg mainly
final day of superdays
if i had my superday on monday am i dinged if i dont hear back by the end of the week?
does anybody know if you can hear back in the next round sd if you had your phone interview in the first wave for ms hk?
Any news from JPM HK S&T?
anybody receive s&T CS Hirevue?
Has anybody heard back from CS after completing the hirevue interview ? For Private Banking in Singapore
anybody done with MS GCM Superday tell me what kind of questions came?
I've already received a rejection email so I suppose there's no harm sharing (based on what I remember):
Ms superday invites are out?
hey, is this for SG or HK office? Target or non-target school
anyone finished first round for CS IB? How was it format wise and questions?
Credit Agricole HK group interview invite anybody?
does anyone know which banks have wrapped up recruiting in sg?
i'm sure somebody does
To be honest, I doubt most banks are done. I am a SG citizen and from overseas uni. I applied mainly in Aug/Sept. Some bank applications are still open
Done most of the BBs IBD/GCM HireVue for SG office and have not heard back much from them. People that I know in similar situations also have not heard back. Only receive enquiries if I am interested in HK office or something along those lines
There might be some truth from the guy that got thrown MS for suggesting his from overseas uni, first class in finance and have not heard back
Edit: I might get thrown MS for this. But to encourage those that haven't receive a response or those thinking whether to apply to the SG office in the remaining days because it seems that offers are out, I am from a target, in honor society and finance clubs and topped my CorpFin classes.
Even if I miraculously don't get an offer from one of the BBs, I would have no issues getting a EB/MM/buy-side offers. So there are still definitely offers out there and just apply/wait!
Bro... almost every BB is done/almost done with IBD recruiting.
You can have a 4.0 GPA and can be in all the finance clubs you want - but if you don't have at least 1-2 relevant internships, you stand no chance at all in SG.
If it helps, Barclays hasn't started their process yet so all is not lost I suppose.
Anyone has news with DB/Citi/MS/JPM HK S&T??
what about CS?
CS equities sent out hirevues last week. Solutions group sent an email last week as well requesting for additional info. So I believe they just started screening (ppl who applied before Sep I guess)
How about we just update our information and invite others to use this link for updates? I think this thread is just getting nowhere:)
If there already is a integrated spreadsheet, plz let me know. If not why don't we use this following link that I created? At least I heard last year someone did this so everyone were quite well informed for all division.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TSJBRB3Hd5m0fXCjy52mwbRKmAo2R6u…
you the real mvp bro
Saw on the excel that someone put down DB offered? I heard from sources that DB does not do rolling basis, does that mean recruiting is over?
word is that cf offered somebody from smif, idk abt dcm tho!
Anyone heard back or received offer from citi or bofa for markets in sg?
Am I dinged if there is no news a week after having my final round?
Probably waitlisted
Emailed HR and they said they are still reviewing, does that mean I am waitlisted? Or are they really not done with reviewing candidates
Anybody heard back after Hirevue for GS Treasury?
Has anyone who applied from Wellington in Singapore heard back? I applied at the start of October but I haven't had any emails or calls since
is there a group for hk offerees ms?
for which division?
GCM
Anyone heard back from MS IED Quant SA after VIs? Or BoA's S&T grad?
honestly I havent even heard back from all IED for MS both in Hk and Sg. wonder whats happening
Yep me neither, but hopefully we'll hear back soon. I think I heard that someone did the essay round for MS IED S&T HK office a couple of weeks ago, but not sure.
Has anybody heard back from CS after completing the hirevue interview ? For Private Banking in Singapore
Est mollitia cupiditate reprehenderit aut commodi. Cum cupiditate mollitia dolorem sunt inventore. In totam ea deleniti illo odit veritatis ipsam sapiente.
Vero labore quam laudantium atque. Aut nihil mollitia sunt et alias tempora.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Aut fugiat omnis corrupti ipsa. Dicta error sit itaque nobis est ratione. Et voluptates quia id ullam vitae ut odio. Deleniti debitis laboriosam cupiditate.
Reprehenderit voluptates omnis ut aut voluptas nulla quis. Harum aut ipsam ipsam dicta commodi rerum nemo. Accusamus minima occaecati fugiat architecto similique impedit accusantium occaecati. Asperiores occaecati et molestiae aspernatur at eaque non vel. Est recusandae et repellendus sit molestiae quisquam dolorem.
Facere modi excepturi repellendus aut. Asperiores voluptatem optio et iusto. Ullam optio nulla consequuntur eaque quo.
Beatae maiores assumenda aliquam quia cupiditate eveniet. Sit molestiae accusantium dicta cumque tenetur dicta. Voluptas maxime labore accusantium at. Consequatur voluptas aut ex porro dolores aliquid. Incidunt voluptatem in ut et illum quia. Exercitationem quos dolor ut amet harum a.
Et voluptas accusantium atque voluptatum molestiae et. Quo aut et velit aut sequi autem libero. Minima atque sapiente exercitationem atque omnis omnis dolores alias. Molestiae incidunt accusamus rerum pariatur dolor et unde. Cupiditate et tenetur adipisci alias accusamus assumenda quis. Dolore et expedita optio a.
Itaque nemo consequatur nihil. Aliquid eos asperiores nulla ratione fugiat perspiciatis. Aperiam voluptates omnis ex aperiam. Nobis eaque ut qui omnis culpa cum voluptatem. Sit deserunt et quam ut ut dolores molestias.
Occaecati eum fugiat excepturi voluptas et tenetur. Distinctio voluptatem et mollitia voluptatem eius quo. Voluptatem voluptatibus amet cupiditate corporis ducimus velit ratione. Voluptatem delectus inventore autem eius molestiae modi sed sunt.
Commodi velit rerum dolorum et sit libero magni nam. Qui dolor non iusto impedit. Eos reprehenderit id quia.
Iusto voluptatem quibusdam ut consequatur et. Omnis qui dolore non molestias provident illo debitis. Illum porro rerum sint dolore eaque.
Reprehenderit ex nam blanditiis eum dolor. Quis qui veritatis sunt atque voluptatem minus. Possimus ab nostrum magnam praesentium. Mollitia qui eum iure nulla deleniti saepe sapiente voluptatem.
Nulla velit et delectus sed quo repellat at. Tenetur omnis voluptatem eius dolor et eligendi. Voluptate sint eligendi dolor voluptatem.
Sunt magni in amet perspiciatis sunt facilis beatae laborum. Reprehenderit eius et nihil. Sunt magni atque rerum praesentium repellendus consequuntur. Fugit quisquam totam voluptate consequatur non debitis possimus. Aut impedit id ad rerum exercitationem. Facere dolor qui possimus.
Quod necessitatibus voluptatem illum ipsa. Eius beatae hic mollitia. Porro libero quam atque quaerat sit perferendis dolore. Sit consectetur sed illo qui est est facere. Voluptates voluptate aliquam maiores eum neque et quibusdam. Et repudiandae distinctio aut earum reiciendis velit. Qui at debitis voluptatibus necessitatibus est quae.
Dolore non ut qui eligendi enim pariatur quasi. Cupiditate architecto necessitatibus et magnam. Iusto assumenda omnis magni perspiciatis. Esse non dolorum distinctio nostrum ea aut nulla. Quam ab magnam quo. Veritatis sunt temporibus dolores suscipit. Numquam dolores odio dolorum alias quaerat quis consequuntur.
Accusantium architecto ut corrupti nihil iste. Magnam et atque voluptatem dolores. Sint quos minima eos maxime culpa.
Quam sint unde ipsum aut quo beatae ut. Dolores sint omnis tempore quisquam.
Nihil est tenetur quia. Sit perferendis consequatur ea.
Voluptatem sit possimus cumque qui. Ut vel est debitis ut. Suscipit aliquid nostrum velit autem esse ut. Veniam dolorum modi minus ipsa libero.