PE OFF-CYCLE 2025 MEGATHREAD

As we look to the off-cycle, it seems that there are more spots than ever still available. To my knowledge, the only firms that are completely or mostly filled are Apollo, KKR, CD&R, and Apax. If you guys know of any others please let us know.

Let this be a thread to track off-cycle processes and firms that are still available/have spots left. Good luck everyone!

Anyone know roughly how many offers were extended? Feels like not many people got offers on-cycle this year.

If I had to guess, maybe 20-25 across reputable firms? Although the total spots available is likely lower this year due to macro worries.

Same here. I’m in a pretty strong group and only ~20% got offers. Another group at my bank (one of the top 3 on the street) only had ~10% get offers on-cycle.

How many first years still don’t have offers? I’m assuming majority don’t have offers for 2025 yet. And has anyone hear about any off-cycle processes?

Are headhunters just not sending anything for off cycle? I want to recruit for 2024 and 2025 but I feel that the emails have seriously died down. I'm a senior analyst now so a bit worried about where things are headed / whether my resume is good enough for recruiting. For reference I came from a strategy consulting background into IB

Things in general have been quiet. Many firms probably waiting as this cycle was just very early. Heard from friends in PE that many of the firms the firms themselves were not prepared to kick things off as early as it did. 

Stonks. 

What???? Not getting anything from HHs since on-cycle

Heard from source that they interviewed a small batch before putting process on pause for foreseeable future. No 2025 offers yet I believe.

Most Helpful

Things are def starting to get a bit more active I feel. For the past week and a half, I'm starting to have more HHs reach out for MM funds having networking events. No outreach especially for MFs yet and I'm at a group  that feeds mostly to UMMs/MFs. Seems like a round of interviews for a solid chunk of firms will kickoff next month and October. Seems like MMs may try to grab some analysts  who aren't patient enough to wait until later in the year/early 2024 for the bigger fun ont know any people having official networking events with MFs right now. Lowkey coffee chats are happening for some  funds though I know.Things are def starting to get a bit more active I feel. For the past week and a half, I'm starting to have more HHs reach out for MM funds having networking events. No outreach especially for MFs yet and I'm at a group  that feeds mostly to UMMs/MFs. Seems like a round of interviews for a solid chunk of firms will kickoff next month and October. Seems like MMs may try to grab some analysts  who aren't patient enough to wait until later in the year/early 2024 for the bigger fun ont know any people having official networking events with MFs right now. Lowkey coffee chats are happening for some  funds though I know.

Have HHs been reaching out for 2025? I've got mostly emails for 2024, but nothing much for 2025.

Also - anyone have any deal with unresponsive HHs? What do we do in those cases?

Anyone know if MFs will be going during this next round? Or will it strictly be MMs?

Have had a bunch of reach outs from MM funds in the past week through HHs. They are starting to hold sessions and preparing to interview later this month or October it seems. Things are heating up fast.

Is it worth reaching out to HHs if not getting any emails yet? Have a call scheduled with one HH but no contact with any others so curious if others just haven't reached out yet since it seems no MM/UMM/MFs have really started

When are things gonna kick off? Hoping things start soon, would rather just get this settled ASAP so we don’t have to think about it anymore

Bump, has anyone heard any updates? What UMM and MF are full as of now? Headhunters seem to be very slow with emails or reaching out with opportunities

I’m hearing that things will start to pick back up in late Q1 / early Q2. Still a super tough fundraising environment and firms aren’t certain on their headcount needs one and a half years out 

Which firms (MF/UMM) are recruiting at the moment or hasn't yet kicked off? At a top EB group but have been getting mostly MM/LMM opps from HHs, not sure if it's because the market is slow in general at the MF/UMM level and firms are still delaying their processes.

A ton have already started, have friends with offers and first rounds/final rounds and events at a variety of MF and UMM

Gotcha - sounds like no more new people in the process then?

Maybe a stupid question, but what is on cycle and off cycle like coming from a boutique? I don't mean an EB, I mean a boutique. Am I going to get zero looks when I start FT? How can I get looks, I know almost all of peak and am nervous for the recruitment. Sorry again if a horrible question and best wishes to all recruiting.

What do you mean by boutique but not EB? Could mean anything from Qatalyst/Raine/Liontree/Guggenheim/Ducera/Allen/Ardea/etc. to some 5-person regional boutique. If the latter, I'd recommend trying lateral first.

boutique here (m klein / raine / allen flavor) - stay in touch with your friends a year or two above at the places you want to go, ask them to pass your resume along, and get networking. Otherwise, you definitely get ignored during on cycle even though you're probably smarter than a lot of the BB kids. pretty much every MF/UMM opportunity I had was because of friends 

Thank you for your reply. I’ll be going to a non well known boutique. Will definitely network and grind. I feel like I am kinda screwed (but genuinely have no clue what to expect regarding potential reach outs from Headhunters with interviews) without having a good brand name, but am confident if I can just get a look I could perform. Assuming I (who go to a school that doesn’t place very well) don’t have many contacts, is it a taboo to cold reach out to associates in PE? These could be ridiculous questions (again idk) so sorry in advance. 

TA is going on right now / may have already wrapped up (but not sure u can really call them growth equity these days). GA is done, haven’t heard anything on Insight, think Summit was planning on launching something soon but I didn’t engage so idk.

did they wrap up their process / do you know if any spots still open?

Things seem to be pretty silent for me. Have people been getting a lot of inbounds from HHs?

Are you referring to 2025 opportunities? At a top BB/EB group and feel like things have gotten quieter since last month at the UMM/MF level, with mostly the same MM/LMM opportunities shown a few times every week. Not sure if it's just me or the broader market is slow.

Mostly quieter bc the “second wave” of on cycle is pretty much finished. I’m sure off cycle opportunities are still out there but probably will come slowly one at a time

I’ve fell like I haven’t heard of any tech buyout opportunities come through HHs. Would love any insight on where these tech firms stand in their recruiting process. I thought I had really strong conversations with HHs but nothing interesting seems to be coming through

Believe Thoma / Vista are filled and SL still has spots. Not sure about H&F

Has Cinven given out rounds yet ? Know they sent out an email and had a chat but nothing else

Dolores necessitatibus dolorem error repellendus perferendis ut beatae fugiat. Nesciunt in enim velit consequatur. Quia fuga est amet atque consequuntur odit aut.

Totam ex harum iure et sunt. Praesentium hic maiores non qui. Quibusdam ut molestias quia quo aliquam consequatur. Omnis dolores qui exercitationem beatae et consectetur.

Ducimus veritatis harum quibusdam fugiat sequi vitae. Sint qui optio cumque enim et qui. Magnam est blanditiis quis iure. Blanditiis non sed ut libero. Commodi quis dolores harum adipisci. Vel omnis esse sunt voluptatum doloremque consequatur quibusdam.

Qui rerum dolore aperiam accusantium sit quis. Et eaque sit ad recusandae cum. Pariatur iure voluptatibus enim deleniti vero. Delectus ratione vero magnam non ut sit. Molestiae qui voluptatibus dignissimos hic corporis odio et. Facere harum modi at laborum officiis ducimus distinctio. Pariatur ut nam beatae ratione dolor ut quaerat.

Amet quia sunt minus vitae fugit voluptatem. Nostrum officiis accusamus cum explicabo.

Porro eveniet eligendi at consequatur et ipsa. Et sequi animi ea qui. Harum rem quae atque cum animi eaque. Accusantium recusandae beatae dolorem et aut perferendis. Veniam aliquid deleniti corrupti quaerat sunt et.

Nostrum odio vel impedit aut aut nisi laudantium. Qui optio molestiae repudiandae rerum vel. Iure id voluptas dolorem sit asperiores sed consequuntur.

Aut sed dolorem rem ut laudantium reprehenderit corporis. Ducimus ex qui error in voluptatem molestiae. Nesciunt quia quod neque et omnis dolor. Quam voluptate incidunt nihil et sunt autem. Doloremque esse est nihil velit.

Tenetur id corporis dicta harum ratione. Modi culpa blanditiis dolorum. Sit consequatur explicabo illo debitis. Aut ullam id rerum qui aut molestiae. Hic qui fuga impedit est omnis. Possimus quo reiciendis facilis consequatur. Laudantium dicta et vel quaerat.

Earum quas dolores tempore sed est. Non harum quos nobis consequuntur. Dolorem omnis enim non exercitationem illo et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”