2015 Analyst Salary Bump Megathread

user39's picture

Let's try to keep a running list going as people go through full-time recruiting and even starting for internships next year. The following list is just from people I know personally. Feel free to expand in the comments.

Confirmed pay jump:
Goldman
Credit Suisse
Wells Fargo
Morgan Stanley
Lazard
Perella Weinberg
JPM
Citi
UBS
Deutsche Bank
Houlihan Lokey
Barclays
Macquarie

"In talks"
Evercore

Confirmed NOT upping pay:
Greenhill
Stifel

Unverified/no consensus:
BAML

Also, if anyone has any info on if the salary increase for a particular bank is just IBD, IBD + S&T, IBD + S&T + ER, etc. that'd be very helpful.

Edit:
MS confirmed
BAML unconfirmed
JPM and Citi moved to the doghouse
Eurobanks (except you CS, we love you) moved to doghouse
JPM, Citi, Lazard, PWP, UBS added
Barclays moved to no consensus
DB made the move (finally)
Barclays confirmed

Comments (284)

Sep 13, 2014

MS is confirmed upping to 85. Not sure where you got your info from.

Sep 13, 2014
new_analyst1:

MS is confirmed upping to 85. Not sure where you got your info from.

One of their SAs a couple weeks ago told me HR made it clear to them all that MS wouldn't be following the other banks with analyst pay. Then MS confirmed it and made a statement that they were bumping Associate and VP pay, but not analyst pay. I guess they eventually caved with the analysts though? When did that happen and what's your source?

Sep 14, 2014

Just FYI it went like this:

MS upped Associate and VP Pay but not analysts
Some banks responded by upping Associate and VP pay (inc. GS)
GS had to take the lead back so they then upped analyst pay
Some banks responded by upping Analyst pay (inc. MS)

Like other posters mentioned though, pretty safe bet all BBs will follow. EBs already had higher bases so not sure how that could play out.

Sep 15, 2015

MS still No Change for S&T Associate. Frozen at 100 for S&T, bump 100 --> 130 rest of the bank. Embarrassing.

Sep 13, 2014

Yes I think that was the original plan but all offer letters for next year's analyst class have been revised to 85 since two weeks ago. Source is the offer I received from them and other users have also confirmed the same in another thread.

Sep 13, 2014

Could someone please comment on whether this is just for IBD or for other analysts as well?

I'm doing S&T at one of the banks you have listed under "in talks" and one of my buddies is starting FT S&T right now and he thinks we will definitely get the raise but I would like some other insights.

Sep 13, 2014
Anonymoose:

Could someone please comment on whether this is just for IBD or for other analysts as well?

I'm doing S&T at one of the banks you have listed under "in talks" and one of my buddies is starting FT S&T right now and he thinks we will definitely get the raise but I would like some other insights.

This is hard for me to know since I know very few people in S&T, but I know BAML did it for both S&T and IBD, and I'm imagining most others did as well to prevent the classic IBD-S&T animosity. Your friend is definitely SOL though if he just started full-time. No bank is retroactively upping those guys' pay to my knowledge - it's for the next year's class.

Sep 14, 2014
user39:
Anonymoose:

This is hard for me to know since I know very few people in S&T, but I know BAML did it for both S&T and IBD, and I'm imagining most others did as well to prevent the classic IBD-S&T animosity. Your friend is definitely SOL though if he just started full-time. No bank is retroactively upping those guys' pay to my knowledge - it's for the next year's class.

Does this include corporate bankers and the corporate underwriting team (credit risk)?

• Anonymous Monkey
  •  Jan 4, 2016

Barclays S&T confirmed to be base pay $85K (confirmed by my offer letter and others)

Sep 14, 2014

Dude, every bank is going to follow suit. Pay at the junior level is largely similar. Any bank that doesn't follow suit will see a massive drain of talent.

Sep 14, 2014
TNA:

Dude, every bank is going to follow suit. Pay at the junior level is largely similar. Any bank that doesn't follow suit will see a massive drain of talent.

You might be happy putting your faith in the "is going to" gods, but I for one prefer to trust the "already has" doctrine when considering my options for full-time.

Sep 14, 2014
user39:
TNA:

You might be happy putting your faith in the "is going to" gods, but I for one prefer to trust the "already has" doctrine when considering my options for full-time.

Look, no offense, but If you're so short sighted and know so little about this industry that you'd make a decision because of a 15K difference in first year salary (not even total comp, just salary) my guess is you aren't going to have many options for full-time.

Sep 14, 2014
user39:
TNA:

This sounded so nerdy / finance douchey I couldn't help but laugh.

Sep 18, 2014

Let us know when all those offers are rolling in

Sep 19, 2014
user39:
TNA:

motherfucking douchebag

Sep 19, 2014

Talent?

Sep 14, 2014

Heard through the grapevine that 1st/2nd/3rd year salaries will be 85/90/95....kind of disappointing increases YoY. Can anyone confirm?

Sep 15, 2014

I have heard that JPM, BAML, Barclays, and Citi have NOT offered the 2015 analyst class 85k in their offer letters. Multiple friends in the 2015 analyst class going to GS, WF, MS, and CS have confirmed 85k in their offer letters.

If anyone can confirm (the offer letter states 85k) from the banks that have not confirmed (not put 85k in the offer letter), please post.

Sep 15, 2014
Luxe:

I have heard that JPM, BAML, Barclays, and Citi have NOT offered the 2015 analyst class 85k in their offer letters. Multiple friends in the 2015 analyst class going to GS, WF, MS, and CS have confirmed 85k in their offer letters.

If anyone can confirm (the offer letter states 85k) from the banks that have not confirmed (not put 85k in the offer letter), please post.

BAML actually has bumped up the pay to 85k. As of Friday, UBS has bumped the pay to 85k as well. The only BB's that haven't bumped as of yet are JPM, Barclays, Citi and DB

Sep 16, 2014

What's your source for BAML?

Best Response
Sep 15, 2014

This site really needs an age limit Haha. Fucking daycare at times.

Sep 15, 2014

Anyone over at WF? They have some FO roles as part of the 'Wholesale Bank' or whatever it's called rather than 'WF Securities' did those guys get a pay bump as well?

Sep 15, 2014

interested as well.

Sep 17, 2014

Confirmed that IBCM (Investment Banking Capital Markets) group within WFS got the bump. Don't have any sources for S&T or ER though.

Sep 17, 2014

Confirmed that IBCM (Investment Banking Capital Markets) group within Wells Fargo Securities got the bump. Don't have any sources for S&T or ER though.

Sep 24, 2014

Just received an offer to join a coverage group and 85 is confirmed.

Sep 16, 2014
Sep 16, 2014

bump. Any news on JPM, BAML, Citi, or DB?

Sep 16, 2014

Can confirm MS has bumped to 85 for IBD, GCM, ER, and i think S&T but not positive. And BAML has not bumped yet.

Sep 16, 2014

Heard from the inside that UBS has bumped Analyst salaries to $85k, and the incoming class next year has received new offer letters.

Sep 16, 2014

this is basic game theory

Sep 17, 2014

Any information on US banks in Europe?

Sep 17, 2014

Moelis Class of 2015 Analysts got $70K. Confirmed.

Sep 17, 2014

Is there anyway you can use this to negotiate? (ie: offer from MS but prefer group at JPM). My initial guess is no, but is worth a try?

Robert Clayton Dean: What is happening?
Brill: I blew up the building.
Robert Clayton Dean: Why?
Brill: Because you made a phone call.

Sep 17, 2014

Oh wow, looks like every bank is bumping their base. Interesting...

Sep 17, 2014

Can confirm UBS raised from IBD. Not sure about other divisions

Sep 17, 2014

Heard from a friend that Citi plans on bumping their pay, nothing confirmed yet though.

Oct 1, 2014

I'm ready, leadership needs to use the gas pedal, it's on the right and the middle!

Sep 17, 2014

Citi is offering 125K to fresh Associates. I think this is a bump from last year. Isn't it?

Sep 17, 2014

Wonder how will this play out for current analysts. 85/95/105 starting next paycheck?

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Sep 17, 2014

Know one 2nd year at MS who got 90.

Sep 17, 2014

GSM is offering $275k base for second year analysts

Sep 19, 2014
Going Concern:

Wrong, I heard $425k.

Sep 20, 2014
DickFuld:
Going Concern:

Wrong, I heard $425k.

I'm not going to lie, my number was a guess. But just talked to a buddy of mine there, it's actually not as high as your figure, only $410k for the recent batch. This is confirmed.

Oct 8, 2014

deleted

Sep 17, 2014

Do you guys think this will have an effect on post-mba associates also?

I mean this should ripple to consulting and tech also right? They compete for the same talent these days

Sep 17, 2014
TheTwoHacker:

Do you guys think this will have an effect on post-mba associates also?

I mean this should ripple to consulting and tech also right? They compete for the same talent these days

Banks made this move to lure top candidates away from consulting & tech. It'll be interesting to see consulting & tech's response. It could potentially be a vicious circle.

Sep 22, 2014

...especially since Tech is not only offering money but all kinds of other perks and fancy hqs too...

Feb 3, 2015

Not a vicious cycle if it means higher salaries

Sep 18, 2014

Citi bumped to 85k

Nov 23, 2014

Sep 19, 2014

PWP confirmed $85k base 1st year analyst

Sep 19, 2014

As far as I know, CS SAs in capital markets (IB side) all got 70K offers for full-time.

Sep 19, 2014

Confirmed
- GS IBD 70K > 85K
- Citi IBD, S&T 70K > 85K

Sep 19, 2014

Barclays confirmed to 85k from a summer in the SF/Bay Area office.

Sep 19, 2014

How did he/she recieve notification? Did the full time offer get amended?

Sep 20, 2014

I believe it was amended or it was given as 85k. Not too sure. I didn't ask for that much detail.

Sep 19, 2014

So it's just JPM and DB who aren't upping pay?

Sep 19, 2014

It's about time base pays got raised!
Hooray! Hooray!

Sep 19, 2014

Any word on MM banks?

Sep 19, 2014

Would it be funny if JPM upped to 90k.

Sep 19, 2014

Would it?

Sep 19, 2014

Haven't heard anything confirmed from summers or full-times at JPM, DB, and BAML. If anyone can confirm on these banks, please post.

Sep 20, 2014

For those of you who aren't aware, GSM is one of the SB's (superior boutiques). They do advisory for all of the other investment banks, so they get fees on fees. It's very lucrative. Unfortunately their NY office is only analysts and a few LFJ's (large floppy johnsons), everyone else works out of Bangalore.

Sep 21, 2014
Going Concern:

For those of you who aren't aware, GSM is one of the SB's (superior boutiques). They do advisory for all of the other investment banks, so they get fees on fees. It's very lucrative. Unfortunately their NY office is only analysts and a few LFJ's (large floppy johnsons), everyone else works out of Bangalore.

I had heard they were opening a new office in Botswana but that may have been a rumor. Also heard bonus pools were 250/300/350k.

"When you stop striving for perfection, you might as well be dead."

Sep 20, 2014
Sep 21, 2014

Update on JPM and DB would be great.

Sep 21, 2014

I know for fact that JPM hasn't said anything either way to their S&T summer analysts who are going back for full-time but I've spoken with a first year in S&T there who says he's almost certain they will up it. I don't see how JPM can let GS and MS do it and not follow suit

Sep 21, 2014

Any update on BAML and Barclays?

Sep 22, 2014

JPM is stuck at 70k ***Confirmed***

Waiting for someone to IM me back about DB, standby

Sep 22, 2014

Citi upped to 85k. Heard JPM is informing today

Sep 22, 2014

JPM analysts got a letter earlier today confirming bump to 85K

Sep 23, 2014

Any word on current Analyst and Associate salary bump?

Sep 25, 2014
adapt or die:

why do you lie..

Sep 25, 2014
username.:
adapt or die:

why do you lie..

You wear a book bag to work everyday >>>>

Sep 22, 2014

Lazard and JPM increased within the past few hours. CONFIRMED

Sep 22, 2014

Anyone have any color on the MM banks?

Sep 22, 2014

Just got word from DB, still at 70k

>>

Sep 24, 2014
adapt or die:

<<< CONFIRMED >>>

Classic Douche Bank.

Sep 24, 2014
user39:
adapt or die:

<<< CONFIRMED >>>

Classic Douche Bank.

"We prefer to pay our slaves a slave wage until such slaves decide to revolt, at which time we will replace slaves with recently-graduated preftige douches."

You know Anshu has his finger ready to send that email blast out

Sep 22, 2014

JPM Confirmed 85k for incoming S&T analysts. Haven't heard about IBD but there's no fucking way they didn't up them if they upped S&T. Private Banking confirmed staying at 70k.

Sep 22, 2014

Man, I literally cannot believe all these banks following suit. Like I am so surprised.

Sep 22, 2014

Anyone heard about Blackstone's advisory division?

Sep 22, 2014
user39:

Anyone heard about Blackstone's advisory division?

Lol, you are such a mongoloid. Let it go bro.

Sep 22, 2014

I wonder if they just increasing salary and will decrease bonuses in future. Probably easier based on mandates and guidelines going forward

Sep 22, 2014

Anyone know if Corporate Banking at any of previously mentioned banks received the pay bump?

Sep 22, 2014
B2Banker:

Anyone know if Corporate Banking at any of previously mentioned banks received the pay bump?

Sep 24, 2014

A friend in Citi Corporate Banking also received the raise.

Sep 22, 2014

Is GS IMD at 85k? Or is that only for securities and I Banking?

Sep 22, 2014

Piper Jaffries is at 95k. Confirmed.

Sep 22, 2014
Going Concern:

Piper Jaffries is at 95k. Confirmed.

Heard GS TMT analysts left to join Piper.

Sep 22, 2014
Sep 29, 2014

-

Sep 24, 2014

Anyone know whether GS IMD got the bump? Any confirmation on Associate pay going up to? I would have thought they would raise IMD salaries as well, but perhaps not to the same extent as IB/CM guys....

Sep 24, 2014

I know JPM didn't give a raise to the private banking/Asset Management kids even though S&T and IBD got it. I don't know what "IMD" stands for but I'm guessing Investment Management Division which is probably similar to our PB which is, again, not getting a raise.

Sep 24, 2014

Reconfirming 70 at DB, though they "are keeping their options open in the future"

Sep 24, 2014

Anyone have any color as to the timing logistics for bumps? For instance, would a current first yr analyst get a raise to 95k this following summer?

Sep 24, 2014

If not all BBs are bumping salary what is the general trend for non-BBs?

I just accepted an offer for 70k at a top MM and am curious what to expect going forward

Sep 24, 2014

DB just sent out the letter today upping base to $85

>

Sep 24, 2014

DB raised to 85K today. CONFIRMED

Sep 24, 2014

HL raised to 85k CONFIRMED

Oct 1, 2014
yoyo23:

HL raised to 85k CONFIRMED

What is your source for this? Any news on how it will affect current analysts? Also, is this globally, or just in the US?

Sep 24, 2014

Anyone know if associates at Barclays have been upped?

Sep 24, 2014

For current analysts, has anyone heard when the new raises are effective?

Sep 24, 2014

As a prospective monkey, why does everyone hate DB? I'm not being sarcastic, there just seems to be a lot of anti-DB on here.

Sep 25, 2014
Motivated:

As a prospective monkey, why does everyone hate DB? I'm not being sarcastic, there just seems to be a lot of anti-DB on here.

we know it's you Juergen

Sep 24, 2014

CONFIRMED

UBS raising 1st year analyst pay to $60k
PMD pay raised to $150k

Sep 24, 2014
mrchow:

CONFIRMED

UBS raising 1st year analyst pay to $60k

I'm dying, haha.

Sep 24, 2014

do these base raises mean bonuses are reduced?

Sep 27, 2014
oLookAbear:

This is an interesting question. Anyone who knows?

Sep 27, 2014
FiveDollars:
oLookAbear:

This is an interesting question. Anyone who knows?

I doubt there are many people who know that are on this website. Most have probably heard their managers say it isn't coming out of bonuses but I'll believe it when I see it. Relatively down year, wouldn't be surprised to see some justify lower bonuses with higher salaries, but that will come down to the top BB banks. Whatever they do, as we've seen with this, will determine how the rest of the street reacts.

That said, I'd rather have the higher salary with a lower bonus but it'll be interesting to see what happens with people leaving now. Less incentive to stay for the bonus if it isn't as big.

Sep 25, 2014

There's no confirmation Stifel will not increase pay. Rumor has it they will follow suit. They've made a bunch of acquisitions recently and are trying to re-brand as a "premier" middle market firm. Premier middle market firms pay street

Sep 25, 2014

Will this apply to MO analysts at GS?

Sep 25, 2014

Does anyone know what is happening with pay in London? $85k works out to about PS52k which is above the current PS45k offered.

Sep 25, 2014

What does this mean for current analysts? Does it cascade across current 1st, 2nd and 3rd years at some point?

Also does anyone see this going beyond S&T and IBD? As far as I know, most BB's pay Ops ~55k and MO(risk, finance, etc.) ~65k. Does that mean that middle and back office positions will have a 30k/20k discount to IBD and S&T?

Sep 26, 2014

Barclays officially notified analysts of the pay bump to 85k

Sep 26, 2014

Confirming 85k pay bump at Barclays

Sep 26, 2014

I heard GS announced to their London analysts they would be bumped, no comments yet from other banks but everybody is hoping for a January bump.

Sep 26, 2014

Salaries have not been increased in London (fact/verified for multiple banks)

DYEL

Sep 28, 2014

Can verify BAML IB/ER did not get the bump

Sep 29, 2014

Do you expressly know BAML won't move, or is it just that nobody has heard yet?

Sep 30, 2014
Soccerbob135:

Do you expressly know BAML won't move, or is it just that nobody has heard yet?

BAML hired like 200 SAs this year, a large portion of which received return offers... I can't see them being able to increase base by so much right now.

Sep 29, 2014

Greenhill was already at 85k base...

Sep 29, 2014

Does anyone know when the last day for summer analysts to accept their offers for the NY offices is? (Thinking GS/MS/JPM)

Sep 30, 2014

Does anyone know if the base is going to increase for risk management incoming analyst at BBs? Thanks!

Oct 2, 2014

Can anyone confirm if this applies to associates and VPs and if it's also a 20-25% bump?

Oct 2, 2014
Macro1:

Can anyone confirm if this applies to associates and VPs and if it's also a 20-25% bump?

Me and my fellow, soon to be, BB IB associates will be at $125k salary come next year. I'm pretty sure this is bumped up from last year. I remember the second year MBA guys say they were closer to $100k last year.

I don't know about VPs.

Oct 3, 2014

Any updates from MM banks on par/'above' HL? My firm still at 70k...

Oct 3, 2014

centerview confirmed 100k base, 50k sign-on, likely 100k bonus

Array

Oct 6, 2014

Any updates on MM IBD (Blair/Baird/HW/Jefferies)?

Oct 8, 2014

Looks like no MM pay bump

Oct 8, 2014
watwatd:

I'll be looking to lateral if not. Why would I be satisfied being a 2nd year analyst with the same skill set as analysts at other firms being paid less than an incoming 1st year analyst who has little to no skill set? It would even make more sense to move to a pay-bumped firm as an Analyst-1 (i.e. take a year back for the $85 vs. $80) then it would to stay on as a 2nd year with no bump. I also know that I'm personally loyal to the $$ and that there may be other reasons 2nd year analysts stay put come next summer. Just my thoughts.

Oct 9, 2014
watwatd:

HL, Nomura, Lincoln have all bumped - I would imagine other top MM banks will follow suit eventually

Oct 6, 2014

So the salary bump is for next year not for this year?

Oct 8, 2014

Nomura bump is confirmed

Oct 9, 2014

Any update on Jefferies or Macquarie?

Oct 10, 2014
Oct 15, 2014

Confirmed

Oct 9, 2014

Why is Stifel / KBW not bumping pay???

They are a top MM bank. Better than HL, Nomura, etc.

Oct 9, 2014

"The Premier Middle Market Investment Bank" is what they're trying to re-brand themselves as according to friends of mine. Given all of their recent acquisitions, it would most certainly be a step back not to bump pay. No "Premier" firm will pay below street.

Oct 10, 2014

Any perspective on the London offices? I have a contract in front of me which still pays the regular GBP45k. Any rumours or knowledge of potential pay bumps? Is it ok to ask the company directly whether they plan to bump pay or shouldn't you do that as long as you haven't signed anything? Thanks guys.

Oct 19, 2014

Don't think London salaries are getting bump unfortunately.

The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him.

Oct 20, 2014

Yeah me neither.. It sucks though and I don't really understand why this bump only applies to the US..

Oct 13, 2014

Jefferies bumped. Confirmed by front page of DealBreaker

Oct 14, 2014

McDonald's grillers bumped to 85k

***CONFIRMED***

(Waiting for official word on cashiers)

Oct 16, 2014

well deserved imo

Dec 10, 2014

deleted.

Oct 19, 2014

Piper bumped to 85 as well.

Oct 19, 2014

Anyone know how this trickles down to 2nd and 3rd year pay?

Oct 19, 2014
Oct 23, 2014

Any CONFIRMED word on the middle market (both BB-esque and pure MM) banks?
Can anyone in the know please provide some insight?

Wells Fargo
Jefferies
RBC Capital Markets
Harris Williams
Houlihan Lokey
William Blair
Piper Jaffray
Stifel
Lincoln International
Baird
Duff & Phelps

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2014
therealweinstein:

Any CONFIRMED word on the middle market (both BB-esque and pure MM) banks?

Can anyone in the know please provide some insight?

Wells Fargo

Jefferies

RBC Capital Markets

Harris Williams

Houlihan Lokey

William Blair

Piper Jaffray

Stifel

Lincoln International

Baird

Duff & Phelps

Thanks!

Look at my previous post a couple above yours. Piper confirmed.

Oct 23, 2014

lol at stifle being better than HL and Nomura. troll

Oct 27, 2014

Any updates?

Oct 28, 2014

Moelis 90k base confirmed

Array

Nov 16, 2014

--

Oct 29, 2014

Still no update from BAML- what do you guys think they will do?

Nov 6, 2014

BAML raised to 85k.
Confirmed.

Nov 6, 2014

Is this for all of investment/corporate banking (think BAML calls it GCIB)?

Nov 7, 2014

Stifel DEFINITELY upped their pay for 2015 Analysts.

Nov 8, 2014

Do we have anyone in London that has been upped?

US guys, you shouldn't worry. If 1-2 banks raise, all will follow just a matter of time. I am just worried that none in London has been upped.

Nov 10, 2014

Can confirm London will be seeing a paybump.

Nov 10, 2014
ziggyggiz:

Can confirm London will be seeing a paybump.

Even though contracts say 45k GBP?

Nov 10, 2014

Yeah but theyll go up soon for all the banks much like in the US.

Nov 10, 2014

Whats the content of your confirmation? I am currently employed at a BB in London and so far none has even mentioned the pay rise, not to mention that we haven't received any updated contracts nor the fact that incoming analysts still have 45k on their offers.

Nov 10, 2014

Give it a couple of weeks im pretty sure other banks will follow suit. Are you at an American or European bank?

Nov 10, 2014

This has probably already been mentioned earlier in the thread but 2015 summer analysts will be paid 85k pro-rated not 70k (well at least for GS).

Nov 10, 2014

I think all BBs have raised pay in the USA. Are you talking about the US or London?

Nov 12, 2014
Nov 15, 2014

Was anything announced regarding the timing of the raise for analysts/associates who are already working ? January or next summer with the new intake?

Nov 15, 2014

Effective January 1st 2015 for my BB. Though we won't see it reflected on paycheck until Feb 15th pay day (15/30 pay cycle). I heard Feb 15 will be higher than the rest as it will compensate you for the missed Jan 15 & Jan 30 pay day.

Also, heard structure will be 85/95/105k. 2nd years will see their pay go up.

Anyone have any clue how this will affect bonus? Thanks!

Nov 15, 2014
Comment
Nov 20, 2014
Dec 7, 2014
Dec 21, 2014
Nov 16, 2014
Nov 25, 2014
Nov 25, 2014