2019 Citi Sophomore Leadership Program

Citi sophomore leadership applications opened up a few days ago. Figured I would make a thread since I have not seen one. I submitted the application and the assessment following it. Does anyone know what the recruiting timeline looks like/have already heard back?

Applied as well. I've applied to literally every sophomore program I could find (most just happen to be BBs)—not much luck so far we'll see (non-diversity). Has anyone networked or anything already? Also, the only way it seemed to send your resume was through your profile so I added my newer updated version, but it looks like you can't remove any old resumes you have on your candidate profile, if I'm not mistaken

Yes, I did the same for sophomore programs. Pretty minimal chance given I'm non-diversity as well. I've lined up a couple markets interviews that I'm hoping will work out. Have started to do some effort towards networking but nothing serious yet. Crazy we have to network for sophomore summer and junior summer pretty much at the same time at this point. And we will be interviewing for our junior summer even before we start our sophomore one; the accelerated recruiting is crazy.

I do not believe interviews are sent out for any divisions yet. I completed the 'Koru' pre-interview a couple weeks ago and just received an email this morning requesting I fill out my preference slip.

I talked with Citi recruiters a couple of days ago (I got to a top 15 University) and they were just telling us now to apply to the program. I believe that the preference email was sent to those in the "early action" category who applied early. It does not necessarily mean there was a cut at all, but it is a good sign that we all got the email. Im sure it simply means that they are reviewing all of our applications now before everyone who applies after September.

When is the phone interview scheduled for? And do you know the type of questions? Thanks

I just found the preference email in my inbox today, because I couldn't access my email due to a password issue. It is too late to submit the survey now, what should I do ? who I can email regarding this

had a phone interview recently... wondering when I'll hear back if they're telling others they just started reviewing. is it bad to not send a thank you to the interviewer if I don't have their info? or should I ask the recruiter to forward it to me?

What do you guys think about reaching out after a phone interview for a program like this? Is it weird to ask the recruiter for my interviewers' emails so that I can thank them?

I didn't have my interview until yesterday (about a week after everyone else), just relax and wait for it to happen. And if it doesn't, oh well. I hear the Sophomore Leadership Program is more competitive than their full on IB program. No big deal if you don't get the interview.

Array

Does anyone know how return offers for this rotational program work? Can a kid who had private banking as his #1 somehow get a return for IB? Have friends that are doing this - too cowardly to put IB as #1 but think they can game the system.

There have been SLP interns in the past who have gotten offers from multiple divisions they worked in, including not getting a junior return offer from their 1st choice division. Your choices below your first also aren't guaranteed in your rotation, i.e. last year everyone did a markets rotation regardless of preference.

Source: Mentor was S & T first choice and got a return offer for Private Bank & CMO. Ultimately, declined to go into consulting Junior year.

imo, citi is better because of the rotational aspect so you get to touch everything. Also, i'm not 100% sure on the numbers but im pretty sure the citi one is way more competitive to get into

Voluptatibus quidem dolores laborum est. Deserunt quia ea nam vero voluptatum eos. Eos qui eaque autem non alias. Sint qui neque exercitationem distinctio.

Sequi facilis magnam blanditiis eum exercitationem cumque. Similique modi tenetur ab harum voluptatem ducimus nam tenetur. Sint dolor non quos optio quaerat est molestiae. Beatae voluptas ducimus ratione ut aut. Qui amet sed necessitatibus eligendi rerum quisquam.

Sed dolor veritatis qui quae vitae eos. Deserunt et quod tenetur et sunt libero accusamus. Qui quia labore animi. Labore totam natus ad fugit incidunt voluptatem eos sit. Voluptas accusamus odio est debitis quasi maxime corporis. Ducimus autem repellendus voluptatem quo. Neque ut qui possimus facilis at ut cumque eaque.

Dolore eius et explicabo est incidunt excepturi voluptate reprehenderit. Sunt hic impedit rem aut sunt sunt rem dolore. Sit ex voluptas voluptate voluptatem culpa dolores sed. Ipsum tempore quos molestiae et facere omnis.

Sed commodi dolor nemo in eveniet doloremque. Officiis eum sed qui dolores sunt eius. Quae qui ullam voluptatem et. Eum dolor magni deserunt consequatur. Cupiditate odio ducimus ea fugit non placeat quo.

Ea nam et laboriosam ut porro ut. Et sunt dignissimos aut. Quam odio nihil minima laudantium consequuntur nihil qui.

Distinctio eius vel ut qui. Aperiam cupiditate asperiores quisquam earum amet. Temporibus molestiae facere dolores omnis at dolorem doloribus.

Id debitis odio qui. Non dolore aut aut officiis. Nulla dignissimos eum beatae.

Cupiditate rem soluta mollitia porro dolores. Dolores inventore illum nostrum quae. Harum qui suscipit et ullam error voluptas. Quisquam tenetur esse necessitatibus labore.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (85) $262
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (65) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (198) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (143) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
pudding's picture
pudding
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”