2020 Goldman Sachs Exploratory Program HireVue question.

My application for the program was selected and I got my email for my interview today. I was wondering if anyone else had the interview so far and what was the question. (I only have one question but I can't see it without starting the interview.)

193 Comments
 
I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Changed my mind and just took it. The question was to tell a time that you did something impactful on your resume. There was 2 minutes allowed to answer

 

And did you reply "I released the hirevue question to the entire world via WSO."?

 

Got the HireVue as well. Would really appreciate if anyone who has completed the interview could tell how many questions to expect and whether it is specific to the program you apply to

 

"Talk about something on your resume and what skills you picked up and how you contributed." or something like that. I just completed it last night.

 

I did my interview the 1st week of November too. Then just this week they sent me another email asking for another interview. So I did it and it's basically the same as the last one. But other that still nothing. I guess we'll hear back mid-december.

 

Also got into diverse abilities. How was the program last year? And yes let's start a chat.

 
"Prospect in HF - Macro" Also got into diverse abilities. How was the program last year? And yes let's start a chat.

Alright send me a PM and we can exchange info!

 

I think even if we get rejected from the actual programs (ones successful candidates would be invited to come in the physical office), our portal would still show under review because there’s still the virtual event taking place in May.

But I’m in your boat now mine still shows under review and haven’t gotten any GS emails today. Is the deadline to notice still 1/17?

 

I honestly have no clue. I'm just as confused as you are. I don't know if they have sent out even one acceptance yet. Not sure if its a delay or we're just rejected. Someone in the thread said they got a new notification date via email. But they haven't replied to me, and no one else said they got a new date.

 

I have a question, guys. I applied for the Virtual one cuz Im an international student. Does anyone know any exceptions? I read thru all the programs and I cannot find myself in any target groups. It's like if you're asian, you're not getting shit...

 

if you are not in a target group it doesn't mean you're not getting shit. it means you are not a traditionally under represented minority, female, or have a disability. asians fall under two of those categories.

 

That narrative is bs imo. I grew up in a developing country. Just look at the description of those programs, they dont even include asians. Btw, dont think that I feel pity or anything. I already got an internship at another big company. Just wanna state some facts.

 

It looks that way, unfortunately. That is, unless they send acceptances out in waves or something, but since the notification date was today, I doubt it

 

There is a GroupMe open to all admitted Exploratory Program candidates, PM me your number and I will add you to the group chat. If you're looking for program-specific chats, I advise that you make one. I am unsure if there are other chats

 

mine also disappeared, very confusing. if i go to the exploratory programs page it still does say unregister though ... who knows, i'm assuming rejection obviously but wish they would just email and tell that

 

Anyone else who got invited to the SLC Women's Camp confused about dates? On the invite it says dates are March 3- 5, but online GS website it says March 11-13. Would appreciate any insight.

 

i got an invite to undergraduate campy on Jan 22 and i completed the RSVP form a few days ago. but i received an email saying "Thank you for registering your interest to attend the 2020 Undergraduate Camp. To be considered for this event, please attach a resume to your profile if you haven't already done so. We will reach out to you if you are selected to attend at least two days before the event date with details." and when i open my dashboard, the status is "selected - pending action." anyone has the same issue?

 

Does anyone else’s profile still say under review for women’s camp? Does this mean we are rejected since decisions already came out?

 

Just received a call saying that there is some kind of review process that takes 7-14 days so they are still reviewing my application and will get back to me within that time frame

 

Hey, I just got my hirevue for 2020 "Virtual Insight Series" ... I have a few questions though: What question did you guys receive When would it be if we are accepted? What is the point of this program,? Is it a specific "Diversity" program, or is it available to any undergraduate sophomores? Also, is it a virtual program (online)? If so, shouldn't we all get an invite lol. Thanks!

 

Et quis ad nemo et. Et a distinctio repellat libero dolorem error.

Qui et nemo qui consectetur neque. At minus temporibus eaque voluptatem quasi qui. Deserunt reprehenderit quaerat corrupti aliquid. Qui laudantium eos porro fugit dignissimos voluptatibus atque sunt. Autem autem tempora et perspiciatis quidem maxime. Temporibus aliquid laudantium ipsa expedita sed earum.

Optio fugiat aut autem voluptatem perferendis. Occaecati temporibus tenetur voluptatem temporibus sed cumque. Expedita adipisci omnis voluptas dignissimos possimus aut.

 

Laborum omnis veniam voluptas voluptatibus officiis. Ab sit voluptas est perspiciatis in tempore cumque. Quam sequi voluptatem minus eius eos. Dignissimos eveniet excepturi ut nostrum. Eligendi minus beatae magni accusamus quo.

Natus animi eos porro cupiditate qui. Fuga tempora nemo minima dicta cum excepturi minus. Dolorem rerum earum consequatur ipsum dolorum illo. Qui et illo repellendus.

Dicta aut consectetur reiciendis et voluptatem asperiores omnis. Iure voluptatum corporis dolor sapiente cum pariatur voluptas. Itaque quia ad voluptatem et ipsam. Voluptas soluta suscipit dolore veritatis rerum omnis.

 

Neque consectetur quisquam consequatur dolorem. Similique asperiores eligendi deserunt unde et. Non ipsa eum dignissimos perferendis commodi ad deserunt. Explicabo corporis et soluta odio quo.

Nesciunt odio perspiciatis harum vel perspiciatis animi. Mollitia maiores ad et est explicabo. Aliquid ipsum illum quaerat rem consequatur aut cumque laborum. Voluptas eos quia eius sed dicta.

Ipsum officiis dolores et saepe fugit doloremque voluptatem. In itaque numquam iste doloribus perferendis quo. Adipisci quo sit aut quasi doloremque. Quasi voluptas natus minus facilis sunt distinctio repudiandae est. Temporibus ut dolorem provident aut reiciendis. Assumenda incidunt quis praesentium quo dolore omnis.

 

Aliquid ea tempore voluptatem voluptatibus. Rerum incidunt exercitationem qui mollitia dignissimos libero et. Est nobis enim consequatur dolores saepe earum rerum.

Nisi totam error porro distinctio. Quia et sed provident dolore enim est architecto. Voluptatem qui quae itaque quia impedit. Aut eligendi at beatae qui porro odio et.

Qui et ea officia officiis ut est. Sed fugit earum in dolores omnis. Sequi quibusdam eaque debitis. Similique est voluptas labore dolorum beatae omnis. Maiores et dolorem aut corporis vel. Fugiat nesciunt officiis ipsum autem unde voluptatem earum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”