Jefferies SA 2021 Recruiting Timeline

noncompliant's picture

I have heard they usually interview late (August/September), but given that other banks are so early this year are they moving their timeline up? Any insight would be nice.

Region: 
France

Comments (86)

Feb 27, 2020

BUMP

• Prospect in Other
Feb 27, 2020

I think so.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Feb 27, 2020

Applications opening in March superdays starting in spring and throughout summer

• Prospect in Other
Feb 27, 2020

That is way earlier than last year.

• Prospect in Other
Feb 27, 2020

I was told things would kick off summer/fall, but this was in January so it could have changed.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 13, 2020

Anyone hear back from the diversity IB superday today yet? Please update if you do.

Mar 13, 2020

did you receive an invite for IB superday? or did you already have the superday?
Also, which group? Latam?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 13, 2020

There was a superday this morning. Generalist.

Mar 13, 2020

Wasn't this delayed as the virtual symposium was delayed as well?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 13, 2020

My 'superday' was over the phone and this morning. I went to an actual event at their office a few weeks ago before everything was switched virtual though.

Mar 13, 2020

Ah so you were part of a different jefferies diversity initiative?

Mar 13, 2020

Congrats for the superday. I have a few questions: How many different calls during the superday? Mostly Technicals or behaviorals? and how would you rate the Difficulty?

• Intern in IB - Ind
Mar 17, 2020

Did Jefferies release offers?

• Intern in 
Mar 17, 2020

Yes, they are moving fast and trying to pick up talent to compete.

Mar 18, 2020

I can't even find the Jefferies 2021 IB application. Can someone PM me a link?

Array

Mar 28, 2020

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Mar 18, 2020

Are they even recruiting rn? There's literally no link whatsoever

Mar 18, 2020

Can't seem to find a link anywhere, have a feeling Jefferies is only recruiting diversity rn and doing non-diversity after COVID subsides

Array

Mar 28, 2020

Mar 28, 2020

No link is up, assuming you're diversity or really high target or just know the MD

Array

Mar 18, 2020

Jefferies is doing non-target in the summer-fall. not sure about targets

Mar 18, 2020

can you confirm this? Or do you suppose

Mar 18, 2020

confirmed.

Apr 1, 2020

I can also confirm this.

• Prospect in Other
Mar 22, 2020

Have friends interviewed this week. They attended the diversity event though.

Apr 3, 2020

Jefferies application opened on their website - targeting late summer / early fall interviews given the environment. They have already given many offers out to their women's program and will likely fill half their analyst class through their Diversity programs (like they did in 2020)

Apr 3, 2020

How do you know they're targeting late summer/early fall?

Array

Apr 3, 2020

My buddy works there - late summer/early fall is directly from their HR, he made it seem like it's flexible given the circumstances tho

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 7, 2020

source on half the offers being diversity? what would be the purpose of that

Apr 7, 2020

Likely true. A lot of banks are ramping up diversity hiring to 50% of intern class. As for the purpose? Getting rid of the white male stereotype of IB/ finance in general and giving underrepresented groups opportunities.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 7, 2020

Yeah i've seen a lot of push to make analyst classes half female half male which probably explains the 50%

Most Helpful
Apr 11, 2020

Equality of outcome is not the same as equality of opportunity

Apr 13, 2020

Interned at JEF last summer and converted to a FT. The firm is definitely making a push to bump up the number of women in the intern class with the jWIN initiative, however I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you since it's out of your control. My best advice is to reach out to anyone on linkedin who is an incoming analyst there and make the best impression possible. JEF's analysts are incredibly friendly and will definitely help you out, but you're more likely to get attention from incoming analysts who have free time on their hands. Hope this helps!

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 3, 2020

I got into the diversity event, which was supposed to be scheduled for March 20, but it ended up getting canceled with Jefferies promising accelerated interviews, but I haven't heard back. Does anyone know what is happening with regards to this?

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 11, 2020

Hey, I recently emailed HR regarding this program, I also got accepted and got that email. They essentially told me to wait; they told me that they have made no changes to the recruiting pipeline and that they are currently in the process of rescheduling the symposium.

Apr 3, 2020

can confirm that they have opened the application to penn students via handshake (non-diversity)

Apr 7, 2020

Apps opened last week. Was wondering if anybody knew when they'd be doing 1st rounds. Thanks

Apr 12, 2020

Bump

Apr 13, 2020

Talked to multiple people at the firm and they all said late summer/fall timeline

May 1, 2020

Recruiter told me early summer/late spring. Anyone have any other info?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 4, 2020

I heard it was late summer/early fall. I go non-target though so could be different

May 4, 2020

Would assume 1st rounds given out rolling then based on last yr?

Array

May 13, 2020

Has anyone received an interview following the diversity event? I'm still waiting.

May 18, 2020

Nope. Still waiting as well.

May 13, 2020

Any info on Jefferies Houston SA 2021 recruiting process timeline?

Array

May 18, 2020

Had my first round mid April, super day later in the week and got an offer. From a regional target school

May 18, 2020

Can I PM you buddy? Had a few questions

Array

May 27, 2020

Heard from an Associate in the group they've had to pause recruiting

May 27, 2020

Is that for SF?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 14, 2020

Any updates for non-diversity NY recruiting?

• Prospect in HF - Macro
May 14, 2020

Got invited to a first round interview today. This is for SF.

May 15, 2020

Congrats! Can you update on what kind of interview it was whenever you have it? Like mostly behavioral or technical?

May 15, 2020

Was this after Next Gen Diversity Symposium?

May 17, 2020

are you diversity? And did you network with the firm or just get through online application?

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 17, 2020

Got a first round too coming up, non-diversity, networked and also applied online

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 17, 2020

Anyone else can confirm if Jeff already started 1st rounds? spoke with contacts and they said its much later on..

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 17, 2020

Non target/non diversity will be in the late summer/early fall same as last year. Confirmed from analysts and incoming SA

May 18, 2020

Also received first round from Jefferies SF. Heard Houston already had superday in March but didn't give any offers then.

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 27, 2020

I've already had my 2nd round for 2021 San Fran Tech group, maybe NYC is later but the Tech group started 2 weeks ago.

• Associate 2 in IB - Ind
May 17, 2020

NY will be August at earliest

• Prospect in Other
May 17, 2020

do u work at JEF?

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 17, 2020

do you have any idea what return offer rates are going to look like at JEF this year with virtual?

• Associate 2 in IB - Ind
May 18, 2020

Haven't heard much. My guess is similar to any other year (95%).

May 17, 2020

Surprisingly got a first round, non diversity non target, did not apply online but networked. Anyone has any idea why this happen lol? Is that because of my network?

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 18, 2020

SF?

May 18, 2020

yup u too?

Array

May 18, 2020

Seems pretty clear it is because of networking

May 20, 2020

Anyone done any first rounds in SF? What's the process and when do you expect to hear back?

May 22, 2020

anyone hear back for an SF super day?

May 22, 2020

No, did you? I only had my first round yesterday and was told they'll get back early next week.

May 24, 2020
Comment
  • Intern in PropTrad
May 25, 2020
  • Intern in IB-M&A
May 27, 2020