Morgan Stanley 2020 SA HireVue Questions

Asked for HireVue immediately after submitting application. Given 48 hours to do it. 2 questions, each with 1 retry attempt. Each question gave 30 second prep time, then 90 seconds to answer the question. Same questions as last year.

What's a recent transaction that you're interested in?
What's a time you saw something wrong in a team/project/activity you were doing? How did you react? What did you do?

Hey beans235, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot...do any of these help:

• 2019 Summer Analyst- Morgan Stanley Hirevue Morgan Stanley 1st interview Summer Analyst ... Did anyone get the 2019 SA MS HireVues yet? I just got it today. Could someone explain the process ... the HireVue a selective process? I got it for more than one position so should I assume it was not ...
  • Morgan Stanley 2020 Sophomore SA Megathread freshman could discuss their recruiting efforts for Summer 2020. I applied for IB, GCM, and Quantitative ...
  • Hirevue JPMorgan Chase SA 2019 Asset Management??? asset management nyc jpm jpmorgan chase SA2019 2019 sa HireVue Hirevue 2019 Summer Analyst 2019 summer ... Does anyone have any questions/insight into the Hirevue questions for JPMorgan Chase SA 2019 Asset ... analyst Hirevue JPMorgan Chase JP Morgan to Tuesd
  • Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Summer Analyst Hirevue Overview anyone have experience with Goldman Sachs Hirevue questions for this recruiting session? Please add your ... of the 3 analyst mobility program and the internal modeling in the IBD group. Recently, I had the ... interview contributions in this shared google sheet for 2018 IB SA recruiting: ...
  • 43 Diversity Recruiting Programs at Investment Banks- The Most Exhaustive List Internships- Freshman Morgan Stanley- Freshman Enhancement Program Description: 10-week freshman summer analyst ... Stanley- Sophomore Summer Analyst Programs Description: 10-week sophomore summer analyst programs in NYC ... not all scholarships include an interview for internships as part of the process (e.g. Morgan
  • hear back Hirevue SA London GS/JPM/MS Hey, is there anyone who heard back from JPM / GS /MS Summer Analyst Hirevue interviews? If yes: ... interview Summer Analyst ... when, which division and how much time did it take do hear back after your Hirevue? Cheers! 1st ...
  • Morgan Stanley 2019 SA Megathread Figured since MS just officially opened their applications for summer 2019 I'd start ...
  • JP Morgan HireVue Actual Interview Questions for Online Interview Just completed the HireVue for JP Morgan IB- FT Role. 7 questions, 30 second preparation, 3 min to ... record your answer. Interview Questions for JPM HireVue Interview Questions will vary based on the ... Banking Summer Analyst Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews? The WSO investment banking interview ...
  • More suggestions...

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Were the HireVues automatic? I did not got a HireVue and I applied yesterday

I did the Hirevue last Friday for IB and got an e-mail today to do an assessment online, which includes; situation judgement question, numerical questions , and logical reasoning. Anyone else get this? Have not heard of anyone receiving this.

I got a similar test from Credit Suisse a few days ago. It's essentially a tightly time limited logic and reasoning test. The numerical is a bunch of charts and graphs and they ask you questions about the data on them, you have to say, true, false, or cannot tell. The logical reasoning is similar but with passages instead of numbers.

Just got MS HireVue today as well.

I checked the application center today, and found it said thank you for submitting the online assessment. It made me so confused because I never did an online assessment. Anyone knows what's going on??? I guess there is a problem in the system side that we have received the online assessments sent to the European peers?

I'm a US student, took the online assessment within ~48 hours; you only had two days to do the assessments, so if you waited that might be why you're not able to anymore.

I got to round 27 on the switchChallenge and don't think of myself as strong in quant at all. I have friends that could probably score 40+ with ease.

Most Helpful
champagnepaki:
I'm a US student, took the online assessment within ~48 hours; you only had two days to do the assessments, so if you waited that might be why you're not able to anymore.

I got to round 27 on the switchChallenge and don't think of myself as strong in quant at all. I have friends that could probably score 40+ with ease.

Why would you even take the test? You said you already signed with a BB. If you were to receive a superday interview, that would effectively be one less interview for someone else - most likely someone without an offer.

Funniest

Relax man, I take the assessments and stuff so I can let my boys know what to expect. They need to secure the bag as well

Prime brokerage is quite similar - 1) Why are you interested in prime brokerage 2) Describe which skills you have developed through your professional, educational, or personal experiences that will make you successful in a client service role

Hey do you mind sharing the MS HK Qs? I received an invite for MS singapore, so its non competitive, if you dont mind. I could give you my CS hirevue Qs, might be similar?

I received an email from MS on Friday that the deadline has passed and that they are going to start reviewing the Hirevue and the application on a rolling basis. Also, the majority of the interviews will take place from August - October. I applied to WM NY.

for Sales and Trading I've got the following (not exact but you get it):

• importance of a diverse environment
  • how unconventional fiscal and monetary policy changes the way people evaluate investment decisions?
  • if you have 100b how will you invest?
  • Think of something you know that is complicated and explain to me

After the question is revealed to you, you have 30s to prep and 90s to record. After that you get to review your video and it will pause and you decide whether you want to re-record. That's a good time to find out some stuff if you have no clue what the question is about.

hope that helps.

Hi! Anyone can advice on how long it took for them to get back after the hirevue? I applied to Singapore ibd. Received online assessment 3 days after submitting application. And after submitting my online assessment, received ibd hirevue few hours later

Temporibus ut distinctio corporis alias voluptas aut. Labore asperiores in omnis fugit doloribus. Ut quod quia sunt et praesentium similique officia facere.

Unde similique eum ullam accusamus. Vel suscipit numquam aut accusamus nulla unde sint odio. Excepturi vel aut doloremque delectus. Quo velit facilis dicta magni et delectus voluptas. Earum eum exercitationem molestiae modi adipisci rerum. Ut sed eos eos.

Autem sunt laborum qui aut sed at voluptas. Ut natus et omnis et facilis. Eligendi voluptatem odio amet rerum quidem aut.

Officia pariatur eos id qui eum. Nobis exercitationem doloremque qui ea. Sed natus occaecati consequatur veritatis ea earum. Quos iste ut quos sint nihil libero rem.

Omnis et quae aut et. Totam unde qui est et expedita amet. Officia omnis ut aut quis odio magni.

Voluptate et fuga eius in. Quo dolorum molestias officia qui a quia aliquam omnis. Nesciunt est occaecati quae suscipit et. Quo nam voluptatem ut. Architecto aut ad culpa provident rerum numquam quia. Nam quod dolorum eos praesentium.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”